Mp10 in Nuvo 10

Elsa Vasquez

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
79A22A58-FF72-446D-ADFE-778CF6D8EB25.jpeg

Ok so I’m thinking of switching the hydor koralia I have in my 10g since it keeps slowing down regardless of vinegar washes. So does anyone have an mp10 in their Nuvo 10? If so what setting are y’all using? It is a WQD but I don’t have the reeflink so I’d set it manually

Tyler Bullock

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am trying to convince my mother to get an mp10 in her nuvo 10, I gave her an old jebao pump but a few days after cleaning the pump goes backwards. I have a mp10 in my fluval 13.5 and it's on like 30% and I have wonderful flow.

OP
OP
Elsa Vasquez

Elsa Vasquez

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am trying to convince my mother to get an mp10 in her nuvo 10, I gave her an old jebao pump but a few days after cleaning the pump goes backwards. I have a mp10 in my fluval 13.5 and it's on like 30% and I have wonderful flow.
What setting do you have it on? I want to add it since the jebao isn’t as strong as I would like it

btmedic04

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an MP10WQD in my nuvo 20 with the reeflink. I run it as follows

8am - 1pm reef crest 30%
1pm - 5pm tidal swell 30%
5pm - 10pm lagoon 30%
10pm - 8am constant speed 10%

I also have a sicce 1.0 for my return and 2x innovative marine spinstreams. I find that if I run much higher than 30% it starts to make my hammer mad. I know its a nuvo 20, but it might give you an idea. I really need to pick an mp10 up for my nuvo 10, but the sicce 0.5 and spinstream has been doing ok for random flow thus far

OP
OP
Elsa Vasquez

Elsa Vasquez

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an MP10WQD in my nuvo 20 with the reeflink. I run it as follows

8am - 1pm reef crest 30%
1pm - 5pm tidal swell 30%
5pm - 10pm lagoon 30%
10pm - 8am constant speed 10%

I also have a sicce 1.0 for my return and 2x innovative marine spinstreams. I find that if I run much higher than 30% it starts to make my hammer mad. I know its a nuvo 20, but it might give you an idea. I really need to pick an mp10 up for my nuvo 10, but the sicce 0.5 and spinstream has been doing ok for random flow thus far
I don’t have a reeflink but been thinking of getting one, I have a sicce 1.5 and the rfg from vca but for some reason it’s been slowing down :/ even the jebao pump I have in there. Only thing I hate is that I actually have very fine sand which I regret and it creates sand storms grrrr

OP
OP
Elsa Vasquez

Elsa Vasquez

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a MP10 in my Nuvo10. Used lowest setting reef crest mode I had mostly softies.
I liked the flow.
E7002BA6-820B-41D0-8CFC-DD8A331D846E.jpeg
I definitely want to add one then. I have a mixed Reef and my torches have been looking a little rough and I believe it’s due to lack of flow

btmedic04

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t have a reeflink but been thinking of getting one, I have a sicce 1.5 and the rfg from vca but for some reason it’s been slowing down :/ even the jebao pump I have in there. Only thing I hate is that I actually have very fine sand which I regret and it creates sand storms grrrr

I went with bimini pink sand which ranges from sugar grain sized to 5mm. The finer grain stuff moves but once it settles, the larger pieces keep it in place. As for the reeflink, it's awesome. I can use the app on my phone to put my tank into feed mode and I like that I have multiple flow patterns during the day. I can also control my xr15 with it as well.

What's your calcium, alkalinity and magnesium at? If they're high, that could be causing the slowdowns on your pumps.

If you go with the mp10, get an additional wet side assembly. Makes maintenance super simple!

OP
OP
Elsa Vasquez

Elsa Vasquez

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went with bimini pink sand which ranges from sugar grain sized to 5mm. The finer grain stuff moves but once it settles, the larger pieces keep it in place. As for the reeflink, it's awesome. I can use the app on my phone to put my tank into feed mode and I like that I have multiple flow patterns during the day. I can also control my xr15 with it as well.

What's your calcium, alkalinity and magnesium at? If they're high, that could be causing the slowdowns on your pumps.

If you go with the mp10, get an additional wet side assembly. Makes maintenance super simple!
My Cal is around 480-500. My Alk stays at about 8.5-9 I don’t have a tester for magnesium but I’ve been thinking of get one but haven’t yet. I’ve washed them and still see there is a lack of flow ugh. Never thought about my parameters being the reason

OceanJack

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had an mp10 in my nuvo10.

Mixed reef, had it set at 40% reef crest and also upgraded return pump.

Corals loved the flow.

btmedic04

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Cal is around 480-500. My Alk stays at about 8.5-9 I don’t have a tester for magnesium but I’ve been thinking of get one but haven’t yet. I’ve washed them and still see there is a lack of flow ugh. Never thought about my parameters being the reason
well my thought process is that because your calcium is elevated, you are seeing it precipitate/build up in the inner workings of your pumps hence the slow downs after a while. a 1:1 vinegar/water bath will remove those deposits when you clean but wont do anything to reduce the rate in which the build up occurs

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 92 80.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.4%
Back