MP10 Not Working - Multiple Flashing

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

jsbzcmcdaniel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't figure out whats going on with one of my MP10's. When its plugged in the light flashes from green to red to white. I watched and performed the reset and it doesn't work. Any idea who to fix this?

Last edited:

Robinson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If after the reset is still does not work, most likely your power supply is bad. do you have a way to test the output of the power supply? should read 24VDC you can get a cheap multi meter on Amazon or Homedepot. Even better, if you have another MP10 working, test the bad one with the power supply of the working MP10. I did have two MP10 having the issues your describing here and both power supply were bad.

Hope this help you trying to identify the issue.

OP
OP
jsbzcmcdaniel

jsbzcmcdaniel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If after the reset is still does not work, most likely your power supply is bad. do you have a way to test the output of the power supply? should read 24VDC you can get a cheap multi meter on Amazon or Homedepot. Even better, if you have another MP10 working, test the bad one with the power supply of the working MP10. I did have two MP10 having the issues your describing here and both power supply were bad.

Hope this help you trying to identify the issue.

I do have 2 MP10's on this tank and swapped power supplies. Still just flashes and goes from mode to mode. Thanks for the reply.

Fishy212

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long have you had your MP10? When was the last time you cleaned it? Reefman89 is right, check your wetside, the propeller part is known to stop working properly if not maintained.

Robinson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your dry side might be bad. Try switching the dry side to the good one to see if it works

This is your next step, as a bad dry side will cause similar issue as a bad power supply. I have been here before and I think you should try Reef man recommendation.

And just in case, run the dryside without the wetside to eliminate the wetside as posible cause.

OP
OP
jsbzcmcdaniel

jsbzcmcdaniel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks all. EcoTech walked me through some troubleshooting but something was not right. They quickly replaced it through warranty and I had the replacement in two days. Great customer service!

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 14 8.0%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 31 17.6%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 118 67.0%
  • Neither.

Votes: 7 4.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.4%
Back