MP10 Not Working - Multiple Flashing

jsbzcmcdaniel

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 16, 2018
Messages
286
Reaction score
143
Location
Celina, TX
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't figure out whats going on with one of my MP10's. When its plugged in the light flashes from green to red to white. I watched and performed the reset and it doesn't work. Any idea who to fix this?
 
Last edited:
If after the reset is still does not work, most likely your power supply is bad. do you have a way to test the output of the power supply? should read 24VDC you can get a cheap multi meter on Amazon or Homedepot. Even better, if you have another MP10 working, test the bad one with the power supply of the working MP10. I did have two MP10 having the issues your describing here and both power supply were bad.

Hope this help you trying to identify the issue.
 
If after the reset is still does not work, most likely your power supply is bad. do you have a way to test the output of the power supply? should read 24VDC you can get a cheap multi meter on Amazon or Homedepot. Even better, if you have another MP10 working, test the bad one with the power supply of the working MP10. I did have two MP10 having the issues your describing here and both power supply were bad.

Hope this help you trying to identify the issue.

I do have 2 MP10's on this tank and swapped power supplies. Still just flashes and goes from mode to mode. Thanks for the reply.
 
I do have 2 MP10's on this tank and swapped power supplies. Still just flashes and goes from mode to mode. Thanks for the reply.
Your dry side might be bad. Try switching the dry side to the good one to see if it works
 
How long have you had your MP10? When was the last time you cleaned it? Reefman89 is right, check your wetside, the propeller part is known to stop working properly if not maintained.
 
Your dry side might be bad. Try switching the dry side to the good one to see if it works


This is your next step, as a bad dry side will cause similar issue as a bad power supply. I have been here before and I think you should try Reef man recommendation.

And just in case, run the dryside without the wetside to eliminate the wetside as posible cause.
 
Thanks all. EcoTech walked me through some troubleshooting but something was not right. They quickly replaced it through warranty and I had the replacement in two days. Great customer service!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 9 47.4%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 6 31.6%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 9 47.4%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 6 31.6%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new