mp10 or mp40 for shallow reef tank?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Chewy954
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Chewy954

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
May 14, 2017
Messages
80
Reaction score
34
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

I have a shallow reef tank 44W" x 16D" x 18H"

I want to replace my current jebao sw15, it causes sandstorms.

I was thinking to place 2 mp10's on the rear wall on each side, but my glass is 10mm thick.

Should I gamble the mp10's, even though I'm 0.5mm too thick, or go with mp40s? I'm worried with the mp40's it'll be too much flow.
 
You can dial the mp40s down to where you need them. I use 40s in a 48x24x16” tall peninsula, but no sand.
If you’re considering a MP10, have you given thought to the reefbreeder RPM. I’ve been very happy with them.
 
If your Jebaeo is kicking up sand, an MP40 is going to make a storm. I have both pumps, and you'd better attach the cord to the tank if you go w/the MP10 or the dry side is going to fall off.
 
You can dial the mp40s down to where you need them. I use 40s in a 48x24x16” tall peninsula, but no sand.
If you’re considering a MP10, have you given thought to the reefbreeder RPM. I’ve been very happy with them.
I'm mainly considering mp40 because I can hide the wire.
I have a eurobraced tank, running wires into the tank just looks messy.

My other idea was the gyre and since it's already near the top of the water, I'll rout the table through my overflow to try and hide it the best I can.

I do have a center overflow.
 
If your Jebaeo is kicking up sand, an MP40 is going to make a storm. I have both pumps, and you'd better attach the cord to the tank if you go w/the MP10 or the dry side is going to fall off.
The jebao does, definitely.
It states 318-3434 GPH.

I do run it on low, but I have a huge area w/o sand in the corner near the overflow lol.
 
bump for more visibility
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 5.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 20.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 31 30.7%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 13 12.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 6.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new