Mp10 placement in shallow tank

varified

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Everyone!

I'm in the process of adding equipment for my shallow reef tank and I was just wondering where I should place my 2 mp10's.

The tank dimensions are 3 x 2 x 1 (length x width x height). Originally I was intending to have one on each side of the glass on reef crest, but I have been seeing more and more people leaving their mp10's on the back to keep it hidden.

I plan to keep SPS on the right aquascape and nem's on the left side. As for return pump, I am running a Vectra M1 on constant mode as I've got a manifold so flow from coming up to the DT from that is very low.

What are your thoughts?

PXL_20210405_024151671.jpg

PXL_20210405_024142022.jpg

PXL_20210211_104210567.jpg

PBar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,
I would try first to put them in the back of the tank. As you said, mostly to hide it.

Looking into your tank, I would only attention only to the location vs rocks... to avoid blocking completely the flow.

It will be a bit a try and error in the beginning.

I have a similar tank (but much longer). I place them closer to the bottom.

By the way, I like a lot. Congrats!

Good luck!

tim_rn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What did ypu decide on and howbdid it go? Been trying to solve the flow puzzle on shallow reef for years. Just bought 2x mp10 to put on the back wall as well.

Kind of extra noisy that close to the wall, isnt it?

OP
OP
V

varified

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What did ypu decide on and howbdid it go? Been trying to solve the flow puzzle on shallow reef for years. Just bought 2x mp10 to put on the back wall as well.

Kind of extra noisy that close to the wall, isnt it?
I ended up putting one on each side of the tank (instead of the back wall) it made more sense to me that way since it seemed like more flow was getting distributed across the tank.

bnord

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As nice as this tank looks so far, I would also put them in the back and keep the lines crisp and clean. Can’t wait to see his tax bills out

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 33 60.0%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 14 25.5%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 9.1%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 1 1.8%
Back