MP10 wet side grease?

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have four MP40s and two MP10s that have been running for years, 2 of the 40s are newer but the others probably at least 5 years old.
I never new I was supposed to grease anything that goes inside the tank :thinking-face: the only thing I have had to replace is one wet side that had a bearing noise and I destroyed it trying to replace the bearing.

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My MP60 is making A lot of noise, used it for a year so I know its not the spacer and I dissembled it and cleaned it but it still makes noise. I dont want to spend the money they are asking for this Molykote. Can't I just use baby oil? If its safe for a baby how can i not use it for my reef?
Maybe something like this would work?
Screenshot_20231221_122123_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Reef.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The grease is just there to break the power head it, not seen any advice from ecotech to grease the PH, water I would think would be enough after break in…I year without cleaning would have been the issue.

Ashish Patel

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The grease is just there to break the power head it, not seen any advice from ecotech to grease the PH, water I would think would be enough after break in…I year without cleaning would have been the issue.
I clean my MP60 every 1-2 months without fail so thats not the issue. I had ecotech send me a few new wetsides last year bc they kept braking during warranty. initially the noise reflected a damaged shaft and the noise I am now hearing is the same as when there was damage. However, I dissembled it and all looks good. the wetside is also slipping of the glass and not aligned so this doesnt help but even when Its put back in line it still makes noise. I maybe have to reduce the power or stop running Nutrient transport at a high %.

Reef.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I clean my MP60 every 1-2 months without fail so thats not the issue. I had ecotech send me a few new wetsides last year bc they kept braking during warranty. initially the noise reflected a damaged shaft and the noise I am now hearing is the same as when there was damage. However, I dissembled it and all looks good. the wetside is also slipping of the glass and not aligned so this doesnt help but even when Its put back in line it still makes noise. I maybe have to reduce the power or stop running Nutrient transport at a high %.
I was replying to the OP, they say they have not cleaned the inside for about a year.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 104 75.9%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 10.9%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 5.8%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back