MP10WQD upgrade and ReefLink

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Fishface1970

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I finally updated my MP10ES to the MP10WQD with the wireless chip and QD kit. Very impressed on the difference in sound coming from the Vortech. It just seems to run so much smoother.

Also, I was unaware of the programming capabilities with the ReefLink so I was very surprised to learn you can program different modes throughout the day. Very cool option! I've been thinking of upgrading my 29 to a 93 cube with a Vectra M1 in the sump. This makes me want to do that right now! Haha!

I love my EcoTech goodies! Radion G3, MP10WQD, and ReefLink. Awesome gear.

My girlfriend is like "You can do what from your phone?" :D

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Although reeflink is pretty cool if your not using the vectra on closed loop there really no point of it

It does make it easier calibrating it tho

OP
OP
Fishface1970

Fishface1970

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the efficiency of the pump and being able to sync everything together is totally worth it. Plus the pump can send you notifications to let you know if something is wrong. For me, that is a big reason to have it.

Plus, there is a battery backup option to keep the Vectra and Vortechs running during power losses.

[emoji6]

Last edited:

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
O I agree it is awesome and I would never go back now but having both the vectra and the vortech I was just letting you know it's not as cool with the vectra.

ECOKid

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the efficiency of the pump and being able to sync everything together is totally worth it. Plus the pump can send you notifications to let you know if something is wrong. For me, that is a big reason to have it.
Ecotech is an incredible company. I currently run 2 mp10s, M1, and a refurbed G2 pro unit. I will never use any other product when starting a tank. Here is a screenshot of my current setting of one of the mp10s. Not to mention, reeflink tells you how much energy theyre both using. I was going to switch everything over to my apex using the appropiate modules, but someone who had used reeflink and apexfusion side by side, said RL was better so he reverted back to reeflink. For $100, reeflink is AWESOME. Good luck on your cube.

3500031726e127c7fe74ed27ecd468a2.jpg

ECOKid

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah its a preset. But a pretty cool one at that. I just adjust the percentages

OP
OP
Fishface1970

Fishface1970

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started with the basic preset but changed the %'s just slightly to match the tank. I'll run it for a few weeks to see how everything is doing and go from there. So far, everything looks great and the corals are loving it since I raised the MP10 about 1 1/2" to get more flow above my rock. I'm very happy with my EcoTech gear! Hope to get some new pictures this weekend too...

Back