Mp40 blinking green

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

rayn

Bluefin Believer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently have a couple mp40 that are blinking green and I can’t figure out why. I believe it has something to do with the electronics of it, as I have tried multiple wet sides and different drivers.

My question is, if I upgraded to the QD would that resolve my issue?

I have already gone through and did a hard reset on all my controllers. Of the three I only have one working right now.

cthedaytrader

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unless you want to upgrade then I would contact Ecotech first and see what they have to say. But, I think the flashing green light means it is in battery back up mode, so if you have a batter back up you might want to check the connections or try and operate them separately from the battery backup, or see if the issue is the power supply, if you have one working one, then maybe try that power supply with the other pumps. Also, are you running them on a controller?

OP
OP
rayn

rayn

Bluefin Believer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t mind upgrading, I would just like to know if that will fix it.

I’ve tried both hooked to the battery backup and straight to the power, no difference. I’ve done the hard reset with no effect.

It never occurred to me to try the other power supply...duh! I will do that though now.

They aren’t currently on a controller. They will be, and they were in the last setup.

Bastray

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had it happen with my Vectra and it is because my power supply was not giving the pump enough power. I switched power supplies and the pump has been great since.

OP
OP
rayn

rayn

Bluefin Believer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had it happen with my Vectra and it is because my power supply was not giving the pump enough power. I switched power supplies and the pump has been great since.

Now if that didn’t work! Thank or the help!

Not sure what I mixed up, but changed power supplies and it fired right up and went through all the modes like it’s suppose to.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 49 34.5%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 30 21.1%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 11 7.7%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 37 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.5%
Back