Mp40 looses connection with Mobius everyday

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Slevin007

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve noticed that my left MP40 (brand new) looses connection to the mobius app. My right MP40 never looses connection. The left is also the child in the anti sync setup.

My question is this: is there a work around to get this to stop or is it just how this app works. I’ve reset, removed, powered down, etc. the easiest fix I’ve found is to just power off for 15 seconds and then turn it back on. The app finds it and it will work for 24 hours. This is pretty annoying so any help is appreciated

jwwoodjr

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had the same issue and contacted Ecotech. They said turn off the powerhead for 10 minutes, turn off the Bluetooth on your phone, and then turn everything back on. That fixed it for me.

OP
OP
Slevin007

Slevin007

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had the same issue and contacted Ecotech. They said turn off the powerhead for 10 minutes, turn off the Bluetooth on your phone, and then turn everything back on. That fixed it for me.
I will give this a shot today. Thank you

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will give this a shot today. Thank you
How did this go cause I have exactly same issue contacted echotech and was told it was a firmware issue that they are aware of and will be releasing an up date soon to fix. Wellllll since then there has been 2 updates and still not fixed.

Rando

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yes yes, it is always the same procedure on the part of ecotech.. disconnecting everything from the power supply and reconnecting it again. I can't even remember how many times I've done this in the last few months! but it hasn't changed anything! The lights and pumps regularly lose their connection to Mobius and Ecotech is unable to fix what.

Mobius sucks !!!

Fishingandreefing

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yes yes, it is always the same procedure on the part of ecotech.. disconnecting everything from the power supply and reconnecting it again. I can't even remember how many times I've done this in the last few months! but it hasn't changed anything! The lights and pumps regularly lose their connection to Mobius and Ecotech is unable to fix what.

Mobius sucks !!!
Smh

OP
OP
Slevin007

Slevin007

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How did this go cause I have exactly same issue contacted echotech and was told it was a firmware issue that they are aware of and will be releasing an up date soon to fix. Wellllll since then there has been 2 updates and still not fixed.
I didn’t get to it yesterday so I did it this morning. So far so good but won’t really be able to tell until we’ve hit the 24 hour mark

Bob Kukura

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve noticed that my left MP40 (brand new) looses connection to the mobius app. My right MP40 never looses connection. The left is also the child in the anti sync setup.

My question is this: is there a work around to get this to stop or is it just how this app works. I’ve reset, removed, powered down, etc. the easiest fix I’ve found is to just power off for 15 seconds and then turn it back on. The app finds it and it will work for 24 hours. This is pretty annoying so any help is appreciated
I've had the exact same issue since adding a 2nd MP40 to my tank in October, except a bit more intermittent. Sometimes both worked fine for a week or two, other times I'd need to power cycle the newer one every time I needed feed mode. The older one always connected without issue.

I noticed a software update for the newer (revision 41.0) MP40 yesterday, installed it, and saw that the radio software is now at 5.0.16, while the older (revision 33.0) MP40's radio software is still at 4.2.20. The product OS on both is 2.3.1, so that doesn't seem to have been updated. No update seems to be available for the older MP40. I've had no connection issues with either since, but was going to wait a couple weeks before assuming its really fixed.

OP
OP
Slevin007

Slevin007

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep doesn’t stay connected for more than a few hours. Not a fan of this app

Bob Kukura

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had the exact same issue since adding a 2nd MP40 to my tank in October, except a bit more intermittent. Sometimes both worked fine for a week or two, other times I'd need to power cycle the newer one every time I needed feed mode. The older one always connected without issue.

I noticed a software update for the newer (revision 41.0) MP40 yesterday, installed it, and saw that the radio software is now at 5.0.16, while the older (revision 33.0) MP40's radio software is still at 4.2.20. The product OS on both is 2.3.1, so that doesn't seem to have been updated. No update seems to be available for the older MP40. I've had no connection issues with either since, but was going to wait a couple weeks before assuming its really fixed.
Still no failures to connect since the update and I'm now convinced the issue is fixed. My older MP40's radio software has since been updated to 4.2.25, so the 5.0.16 radio software that fixed the issue seems to be specific to newer MP40s.

OP
OP
Slevin007

Slevin007

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still no failures to connect since the update and I'm now convinced the issue is fixed. My older MP40's radio software has since been updated to 4.2.25, so the 5.0.16 radio software that fixed the issue seems to be specific to newer MP40s.
Issue seems to be resolved. I’m hoping it stays this way

timry2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have one mp 40 that wont stay connected. My L2 wont keep its date and time so the program is always off. A constant nightmare of resetting once a month.

Derrick0580

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t even try to adjust anything in mobius anymore without powering off/on the device I want to adjust before I even open mobius. It’s a garbage app and ecotech won’t be getting a dime more of my money!

Back