MP40 QuietDrive

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

baktabiznis

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just received a preowned MP40 Quiet Drive from eBay. Its working fine but I can't connect it to Mobius. The "W" on the top right is yellow and not White/blue like my other MP40. I tried doing a hard reset, opening the driver and making sure the RF module is installed correctly and reopening Mobius. Nothing has worked...

Does anyone have any advice?

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@baktabiznis

In mobius click on update legacy devices

Screenshot_20230905_160136_Mobius.jpg

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It needs to be black to be mobius ready

OP
OP
baktabiznis

baktabiznis

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It needs to be black to be mobius ready

I was under the impression that all quiet drivers were Mobius Ready.. ugh

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is this RF module something you can install in your non Mobius ready MP40s to enable it to connect to the app?
Yes, but needs clarifying. The only drivers capable of the mobius rf chip are the QD drivers.

If you have the white ES drivers, they need to be replaced with the black QD drivers.

CRABDADDY

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When you reference the driver you mean the controller with the dial on it, right? Mine looks exactly the same as the other ones that are Mobius ready, as far as I can tell. None of the parts are white. I'm pretty sure it's a QD.

CRABDADDY

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Neat! I assume the chip just gets installed inside the driver, correct?

Did the app exist back then? I'm just wondering why they had a slot for the RF chip in the driver if they didn't have an app to connect to.

I'm fairly new to ecotech devices. Just started using Radions, vectra, and MP40s this past year. I bought everything used, but I really like the products.

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Neat! I assume the chip just gets installed inside the driver, correct?

Yep, 3 screws and a simple replacement of the old chip.

Did the app exist back then? I'm just wondering why they had a slot for the RF chip in the driver if they didn't have an app to connect to.

No worries, Ecotech is a company that seems to constantly evolve and strive to keep up with current technology .

Their very 1st vortech used a dial and (I want to say) 2 buttons to cycle through the different modes and set the intensity. Although cutting edge for the time, pretty basic for today's standards.

Then they changed the look of the driver to what we see today, 3 buttons and a dial but a white housing instead of black. They had 2 price options wireless and non wireless. The wireless allowed multiple pumps to communicate with each other so that you can have them work together to achieve certain objectives (parent/child, sync/anti-sync/ecoback). The biggest draw for this feature was dialing in 2 pumps on either side of the tank to achieve a standing wave, again cutting edge for the time. Of course there were more practical purposes for wireless communication, but the shiny red ball at events was seeing a standing wave in a tank from across the room. This feature was called Wireless Ecosmart (wes) and that's where the green rf chip came from.

Afterwards, they continued to evolve by incorporating a centralized hub called Reeflink that piggy backed onto the RF chip that made it so that you can program and set schedules for all the ecotech products... radions, vectras and vortechs. Also Neptune Systems worked with them to incorporate a wireless module so that ecotech products can operate on the fusion platform, which was called WXM.

People seemed to complain about the distinct humm of the pump as it ramped up and down during operation, which led to the stealth chop Quiet Drive iteration that pretty much solved that issue. The Quiet Drive was met with a new look of what we see today, the black driver.

Currently, we're in the era of Mobius, which sort of replaced Reeflink and WXM, even though there are die hards out there that still use those platforms, most users prefer the app based Mobius platform.

And icing on the cake for Apex users, Neptune recently came out with a Mobius control module to incorporate the latest iteration of Ecotech and AI products onto the fusion platform, called MXM.

This is a brief history as I remember it. It may not be 100% accurate but darn there close.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 81 56.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.9%
Back