Mp40 rf module swap

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

whitelightning77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For all you ecotech gurus out there, specifically the mp40. I just got 2 more mp40 for my tank. So I'm currently running 4 on my 200 gal. My question is this...

I have 2 of the older wes models and 2 of the newer qd models (non mobius). Currently they are all synced up to one of the newer qd models as slaves. I would like to have them controllable remotely and set schedules which mobius provides. Can I get away with swapping the rf chip in only one of the QD versions, the one running as a master, and then that one will control the other 3 that are set as slaves even of they don't not have the mobius compatible rf chip?

Slicknick420

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
dont have an exact answer for you but i just went though trying to add the black rf chip to a wes mp40 and i just found out its too old to work with mobius. might want to check all your s/n on the wes. some are not compatible with mobius at all.

OP
OP
whitelightning77

whitelightning77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
dont have an exact answer for you but i just went though trying to add the black rf chip to a wes mp40 and i just found out its too old to work with mobius. might want to check all your s/n on the wes. some are not compatible with mobius at all.
Yea from my understanding you can only swap chips in the newer "black" QD controllers.

Which is kinda why I'm asking. Because I have 2 older WES. It would be nice to only have to swap out 1 of the modules, or even 2 on the QD versions i have. But I don't think im willing to have to swap out 2 modules AND buy 2 whole new QD controllers just for mobius connectivity.

Slicknick420

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea from my understanding you can only swap chips in the newer "black" QD controllers.

Which is kinda why I'm asking. Because I have 2 older WES. It would be nice to only have to swap out 1 of the modules, or even 2 on the QD versions i have. But I don't think im willing to have to swap out 2 modules AND buy 2 whole new QD controllers just for mobius connectivity.
if you have the mobius app you can do the live chat and give them the s/n of the wes and they will tell you if its able to be used on mobius. will save you from buying a upgraded rf and not be able to use it like i did lol.

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For all you ecotech gurus out there, specifically the mp40. I just got 2 more mp40 for my tank. So I'm currently running 4 on my 200 gal. My question is this...

I have 2 of the older wes models and 2 of the newer qd models (non mobius). Currently they are all synced up to one of the newer qd models as slaves. I would like to have them controllable remotely and set schedules which mobius provides. Can I get away with swapping the rf chip in only one of the QD versions, the one running as a master, and then that one will control the other 3 that are set as slaves even of they don't not have the mobius compatible rf chip?
Unfortunately once you update your QD models to the new firmware it will not be able to communicate to the older firmware. The Parent/Child relationship will no longer work because they won't be able to recognize other 'non mobius' QDs or WES'.

Rando

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
that does not work like this. all pumps must be visible in Mobius to be controllable. one is not enough to push all the others

TangerineSpeedo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just purchase new QD drivers, I think BRS has them for 50 bucks each then get some new RF cards from eco tech and Bobs your uncle. On your WES just open the driver up, if the board is black all you need is the new RF chip, if it is green, you will need a new driver. And like what was previously mentioned once you upgrade to mobius you can't really go back.
Four drivers, four mobius cards that is $300 bucks (plus tax/shipping) you are still in it for less than one new mobius MP40 plus you can have programing benefits with the app, such as having lagoon mode during the night and pulse twice a day for tides then reef crest during the rest. Or you can mix and match.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 21 31.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 54 80.6%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 11 16.4%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.4%
  • Other

Votes: 4 6.0%
Back