MP40 settings ok for 75g rectangle?

old_lady_4am

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 6, 2022
Messages
164
Reaction score
197
Location
Austin
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
75g rectangle softy tank pretty much with 2 mp40s. What do you think of these settings? Do I need to increase?

18F83C91-2ECA-4E37-9B24-0F5B62325F5E.png
 
10x turnover for your tank would be 750…
you’re pushing 3000 gallons.

that’s 40x…. for softies.
 
I have a standard 75g with 2x MP40 with only sps and I have to run them in anti-sync gyre mode otherwise they’re too much flow. This must be crazy turbulent in the middle unless you have them in the back glass or something.
 
I have a standard 75g with 2x MP40 with only sps and I have to run them in anti-sync gyre mode otherwise they’re too much flow. This must be crazy turbulent in the middle unless you have them in the back glass or something.
I have one along the back glass middle down and the other in the front on the opposite side a little higher, both are on continuous flow low setting.
 
Unless you have them in constant mode always then that screenshot just shows their current speed in the schedule right now - If you want people to check out your settings then the screenshot you want to post is the one of the schedule of the pump throughout the day....... Just saying - Not much to comment on a screen grab of the current speed only.

For a 75g softy with 2 MP40's id be going a mixture of reef crest - lagoon - alternating every 2 hours and probably no highter than 30% ish, but thats without knowing placement, rockwork etc.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 28.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new