MP40 setups

DakotahSteel

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking to see how everyone has their mobius setup for their MP40s. I’m running the Redsea 1000S and I’ve got a MP40 on either side. Right now I’m running reef crest parent/child at 60%. I’m liking it but want to see other options!

HBtank

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like to have it switch up, because why not (the whole idea of most high end powerheads is random flow anyways) and make it even more random. I also have one of each end of a four foot tank, with one in anti-sync. I have mine programed to go through a few hours of short pulses (with a wave calibrated to the tank), reef crest, nutrient export, gyre swapping, short pulses again, and then a longer period of lagoon in the evenings/night.

OP
OP
DakotahSteel

DakotahSteel

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like to have it switch up, because why not (the whole idea of most high end powerheads is random flow anyways) and make it even more random. I also have one of each end of a four foot tank, with one in anti-sync. I have mine programed to go through a few hours of short pulses (with a wave calibrated to the tank), reef crest, nutrient export, gyre swapping, short pulses again, and then a longer period of lagoon in the evenings/night.
Good lord you’re not kidding that is random

Zach B

Noo-Psyche Sales Rep
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I run 2 mp40s very similar on each side of my 150. Both set to reefcrest and nutrient transport, one at 65 one at 55. Main thing for me is that my corals & fish are happy. Best of luck :)

HBtank

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good lord you’re not kidding that is random
Honestly one of the main random programs (poster above noted them) probably work fine on their own. But I like paying with my toys!

Also, it made it easier to program in feed modes between each during the day, which I use with an auto-feeder.

JDCagley

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
6 foot xxl750 (160 gallon) - Anti-sync setting. I run 0500-0800 Reef Crest at 85%, Nutrient Transport 0800-1800 at 100%, Reef crest mode @100% 1800-21:30. Then back to Nutrient transport until 0500 at 65%.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 31 17.5%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 30 16.9%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.1%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 76 42.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.5%
Back