MP40

Furyshock

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a brand new vortech MP40 2 weeks ago and noticed right off the bat that the dry side was hot I was wondering if this is something normal im currently running the mp40 at 55% it would be helpful if I new if this is a normal thing or if I should return it to get a new one

Turnage

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How hot is hot? Hot is a subjective term. Use a thermometer to give us a number but in general...no the dry side should not be "hot".

OP
OP
F

Furyshock

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s hot to the touch but any hotter and it won’t be tolerable

Tgould

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a brand new vortech MP40 2 weeks ago and noticed right off the bat that the dry side was hot I was wondering if this is something normal im currently running the mp40 at 55% it would be helpful if I new if this is a normal thing or if I should return it to get a new one
I’m having the same problem. Only with one of the two new pumps put in. I’m looking into it and will share any info I receive.
mine actually shut down on me. Not sure if it was because of overheating but it was noticeably hotter than the other pump when it happened.
seems like it’s lined up properly but right off the bat I noticed a bit more vibration than the other. I’m still moving and tweaking the wet side a bit to see if this helps.
So far I’ve been running it at50% constant and it’s been fine. Gonna turn it back up tomorrow to see what happens

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back