MP40s and Mobius

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

ld659

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got two MP40s recently from Marine Depot. One has a manufacture date on box of 8/21/20. The other has a different box (different diagram/print on back) and the manufacture date is worn off. Both MP40s look identical and are the same look of the picture on the 8/21/2020 box. The picture on the other box has a slightly different design to the MP40 pictured which I found strange.

One of the MP40s connected to Mobius right away with no problems (as with all my other ecotech gear). After many attempts I cannot get the other MP40 to connect. It goes through, what seems to be, the entire update process then just never completes or simply fails outright. I tried downgrading the pump (perhaps I misunderstood some advice) to then update it again but that didn’t work either.

The MP40 blinks red and white while “updating” then continues to do so until I toggle the power. I have attached two screenshots. One of each situation...fail and eternal update until I finally (25min or so) quit touching my phones screen (despite it having said update complete and you may leave app now while it finishes) every 30 seconds and the phone goes dark. Then when I get back into the app it’s like nothing ever happened and the pump is not connected and only identified through “legacy device.”

D96447F6-E8AF-4CD5-AB97-DAE34F46CD9D.png 089F45F8-9A44-4E49-B8F9-E9AA206EAD3E.png

Phil D.

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the same issue with my Vectra S2, it will not finish the update, (flashes red/white). I tried to use Mobius with it but it failed, turns out the controller was bad and got a replacement from EcoTech which works with Mobius. But now, won't do the update.

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like that one needs to be factory reset.

-Hold MODE and SET until LED flash red white and blue
-Hold MODE until LED flashes red and purple
-Hold MODE and OPTION until unit resets.

Then power cycle the driver and push the firmware update. That should get it back on track.

OP
OP
L

ld659

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like that one needs to be factory reset.

-Hold MODE and SET until LED flash red white and blue
-Hold MODE until LED flashes red and purple
-Hold MODE and OPTION until unit resets.

Then power cycle the driver and push the firmware update. That should get it back on track.
This worked! Thank you so much!

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would've suggested a power cycle after the update. Glad that you guys got things working.

One thing that I will ask is that you shake your phone (or device) and report your experience. The only way they're going to squash these little bugs is if they know about them.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 89 87.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.9%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.9%
Back