MP40's Sold Out

Robinson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Probably because from June 1 they are going to start shipping the new Vortech and Vectras models that are Mobius firmware ready. This new pumps are going to be controlled right away with Mobius. This may explain why they are running out of stock at this moment.

Letterkenny

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Probably because from June 1 they are going to start shipping the new Vortech and Vectras models that are Mobius firmware ready. This new pumps are going to be controlled right away with Mobius. This may explain why they are running out of stock at this moment.
Where’s the source for this?

tsouth

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Letterkenny

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Literally just found this as you posted. Thanks.

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone in the know on what's going on with MP40 supply? Was finally going to order 2 more and now their gone.

Lots of things have been OOS because apparently there's a pandemic going on …..

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Except Tim at ETM has said many times on these boards that vortech pumps (maybe vectra too) have been shipping mobius ready since early 2019 …. so that dog don't hunt! My guess is that June 1st is when mobius will turned on for vortech/Vectra.

Nburg's Reef

High-Rise Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Except Tim at ETM has said many times on these boards that vortech pumps (maybe vectra too) have been shipping mobius ready since early 2019 …. so that dog don't hunt! My guess is that June 1st is when mobius will turned on for vortech/Vectra.
Or they just put a sticker on the box advertising... lol

WVNed

The fish are staring at me with hungry eyes.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was excited. Late last year I bought 2 MP40s. Mobius was coming, SOON. Everything was ready. SOON. I bought 2 MP60s. cause SOON. It's working in the beta test. Here it is working in a video. SOON.

I needed more flow so I just bought 2 Tunze 6155s.

OP
OP
Ross B Reef'n

Ross B Reef'n

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also would prefer not to shoot myself in the foot like I did when purchasing my hydra HD's and the next gen came out the next month. Also dont want to be stuck without the 2 additonal pumps for too long. What a catch 22.

OP
OP
Ross B Reef'n

Ross B Reef'n

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was excited. Late last year I bought 2 MP40s. Mobius was coming, SOON. Everything was ready. SOON. I bought 2 MP60s. cause SOON. It's working in the beta test. Here it is working in a video. SOON.

I needed more flow so I just bought 2 Tunze 6155s.
I've considered this, but have a strict no cord in the tank policy. I doubt Tunze would have an issue. But just 2 months ago I put two hydor's pumps in my tank and 2 fish jumped.

WVNed

The fish are staring at me with hungry eyes.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh it's going to be a pain. I will have to modify my tops for the cords. I don't like them either.

But I have enough money invested in a company that seems to play silly games with its customers.

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Or they just put a sticker on the box advertising... lol

Apparently that is EXACTY what they will do :D . FWIW, this marketing gem makes no sense whatsoever …..

It has been possible to go into ESL and check to see if your existing kit is mobius ready (already has the requisite card) or mobius upgradeable (requires the card that ETM has been selling on their website for weeks). Maybe some really old stuff is also mobius out of luck ….. So what, if anything is different starting June 1st? Probably it is just turning on mobius so prior mobius ready devices are discoverable, and maybe download a new firmware, but it would be nice to know that for sure. Though I guess in my case its somewhat academic because I have no plans to use mobius.

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also would prefer not to shoot myself in the foot like I did when purchasing my hydra HD's and the next gen came out the next month. Also dont want to be stuck without the 2 additonal pumps for too long. What a catch 22.

So call ETM and ask them. As I noted, ETM stuff has been shipping with the black RF card for a while now so you're not going to have a hardware problem. If a new firmware is required …. well, that will be downloadable so you're not going to have a software problem. There's no physical change to the pumps AFAIK …..

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The pumps aren't physically changing, it might be a firmware update to adapt to Mobius. @ca1ore is correct on all their comments, from what has been posted by people that actually know what’s going on.

If you find the pumps, and need the pumps buy the pumps. It’s only 40s that are out of stock. The reason is simple. It’s the most popular pump and parts to build them have been in tough to get.

Me personally, I’m not switching to Mobius anytime soon. It’s been nothing but buggy and problems.

Robinson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I think there is a lot of confusion about what this new is about. From June 1st the NEW Vortech and Vetra pumps are going to be controlled only by Mobius (hardware and firmware ready). The sticker in those boxes is for let the user know that they have to download the Mobius app in order to control the pump via bluetooth. These new pump are not going to be RL compatible unless you downgrade the firmware to make them compatible with RL. Yes, Tim has said many times the the previous vortech, vectras and radions from maybe 2018 up are ready (hardware), but they are still missing the (firmware update) Once they release the update for those then they will work with Mobius. The article from Marine Depot establish that only the new pumps will work right away with Mobius and that later at some point the others that are already hardware compatible with receive the update.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 35 34.3%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 21 20.6%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 8.8%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 5.9%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 28 27.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.9%
Back