MP60 dry side lubrication

  • Thread starter Thread starter djf91
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

djf91

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 12, 2019
Messages
1,327
Reaction score
1,126
Location
St. Louis, Mo
What state or country do you live in
Missouri
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I bought a used Vortech MP60 from a user and the dry side seems to a little noisy. Is there anyway I could add some type of lubricant to it if I remove the housing? WD-40?
 
Not really (sealed bearings), and ESPECIALLY not standard WD-40. WD-40 is a water displacer and a very poor lubricant.
 
The thing is I don’t think it’s the bearings, but maybe it is idk. I was thinking it was rubbing against the housing.
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 7.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 17 21.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 23 28.4%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 11.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 4.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 13.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 7.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new