Mp60= fish loss.....users unite!!!!!

gooch

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll see if I can come up with something that works.

gooch

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are $145 shipped. Right now I do not have any available. I will in a couple of weeks. I don't make a lot of them. There is three Sure Grip 100's in each one. They cost a lot to make so I only make a few at a time. I sell these exclusively to keep the cost as low as possible.

https://www.reef2reef.com/forums/alternative-reef/54356-magnetic-power-frag-station.html

I do have two of them that I made for a customer in Ohio that wanted them. Unfortunately there was a mix up in communication. He wanted branching pieces and not Frag Stations. So I have them but I will not be able to get them for a week or two. They are at Midwest Saltwaters location as he was delivering them. I would have them shipped from his location but I did not pack them to ship so it is not an option.

I hope to sculpt a couple more this week. But I have a lot on my plate for next week so we will see.

Scott

ToXIc

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
claimed another life...... me little prized nemo, my daughter don't know yet...:( man my female clown is tripping now it was the male when i turned the vortec off the female swam over and pulled him away i lifted his lifeless body out of the water and set him on the euro and the female went crazy poking her head out of the water and even jumped at the end..."poor thing" i actually felt really bad i wasn't even really attached to them but the actions of the female had me really trippin.....:sad:

Wow dude you suck... You could have summarized the story. This is really sading... My condolences.

litenyaup

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
claimed another life...... me little prized nemo, my daughter don't know yet...:( man my female clown is tripping now it was the male when i turned the vortec off the female swam over and pulled him away i lifted his lifeless body out of the water and set him on the euro and the female went crazy poking her head out of the water and even jumped at the end..."poor thing" i actually felt really bad i wasn't even really attached to them but the actions of the female had me really trippin.....:sad:

That is the saddest thing I have ever heard with fish. I just got a mp40 and hope I don't have any problems.

aalvarado87

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i lost a cbb to a mp40... but i could see how them mp60s could get it done those thigns are powerful

Acroholic

There is no substitute.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't had any fish get pinned on either of my 60s that wasn't sick already.

OP
OP
Troylee

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I could go with the copperband maybe being sick but not my clowns there just weak swimmers.... As fOr the story haha lol..... Trust me I wasn't attached to these little guys that much but the actions of the female really blew my mind.... I thought about it all day today it was just so weird.... I had a spawning pair back in the day when I got into the hobby they were about 8yrs old and it was also a very crazy ordeal also the female died old age??" dunno" but the next day the male took himself out to... Kind of a live together die together relationship I know one thing it has really sparked my intrest in learning more about them and the bond they have.... Those stories are no joke it blows my mind I should have taped it yesterday it was almost unbelievable.....:sad:

OP
OP
Troylee

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Btw still haven't told my youngest she is gonna be devastated!!!!!! With the big sale off downgrade my daughter "4yrs old" comes to the tank every time I get in it or someone comes over and she keeps saying daddy, daddy were keeping nemo and dori right??? I told her nemo yes but not dori she is to bog for a small cube I have to keep assuring her I mean every time someone stops buy for a frag she asks to bag the corals lol never once did she care and I know it's just to make sure nemo don't go in there...:sad: btw if you can't tell it's her favorite movie I
Actually posting this from my phone at a park right now for opening night of a outdoor movie thing they do for the spring and summer and guess what's the opening act???? Starts in 10 min lol...... Ahahahahah

_Alex_

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yes clowns are very very close mates, when i lost my male a year and a half ago to ick, the female was picking at him and pulling him around by his tale as he slowly gave up.. she made it becuase (what i believe) was the skunk cleaner shrimp cleaning. the only fish that made the whole ordeal was the ones that got cleaned by the cleaner shrimp. i waited till just a week ago to add another clown and i added one MUCH smaller, about half the size, and amazingly have had zero problems and they are already swimming around and bedding together.

OP
OP
Troylee

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My female is doing okay kinda swims crazy here and there like she is stressed but hanging in there..:sad: looking for a new pair right now I might put her in a new tank or sell her not sure yet...

Z-man

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
If I remember correctly, there is a thread about a custom tank that has pieces similar to overflows around the Vortex units. It might have been the L-shaped tank in the San Fran area, but I'm not sure. Just a thought for a quick solution by building little square boxes that fit around the prop unit up to the glass with slots cut into it.

CJO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man, sorry to hear that. What mode do you have your MP60s set to? I have my MP10s set to Nutrient Transport Mode, which is basically a wave action. The pumps alternate to create the wave, which would give a fish plenty of time to get away if it got caught.

CJ

Salty Dog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yup, just lost my amazing CopperBand. Had him for over a year. He eat like a pig. I just had to buy this Vortec, now look what happened

gooch

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did make a structure to go around them. I have to wait a few days before I can handle it before I can get pics. I already have a test subject selected for it. The good news is I was able to make it with only three magnets. Bad news is it doesn't leave me with a lot of material to make it look pretty. And I do not know if it will help keep your fish from getting sucked up but it is one more line of defense your fish will have to navigate to get to them. It should hide the pump nicely.

I would think in time fish will learn to stay away from that area. I would be more worried about anemones and sea hares. Sea Hares always found my powerheads.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 88.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back