MP60s - can't get nozzle/screen off

  • Thread starter Thread starter nezw0001
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

nezw0001

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 7, 2015
Messages
709
Reaction score
815
Location
Buffalo Lake
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have four MP60s in my 450. I routinely soak them in vinegar, take them apart and clean them. This time I can't twist the nozzle/screen off. What should I do? I don't want to damage the screen.
 
Following. Have had the same issue with an mp40 close to a year now even after vinegar and acid baths it still doesn't want to break loose.
 
I notice the MP60 is turn clockwise to open. Do not use vinegar on the magnet. I mix 50% vinegar and 50% water then soak for 15 min but that enough to crack the magnet. I just open RMA and sent an wetside with crack magnet for repair. You can soak all other part of the wetside but not the magnet.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 11 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new