Mr. Adams of Reef Builders, something bugs me about your posts. . .

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Sierra_Bravo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not one to cause trouble (usually), but I have been known to state my mind on occasion. :)

I like your articles on Reef Builders and read them often. But for some reason, it bugs me that you choose to participate on R2R merely by posting links to drive traffic to your own website. That wouldn't bother me, really, except that you have never answered anyone's questions that I can find in reply to your posts.

I don't run this website, I'm not a mod, and have no authority. But I do have a polite opinion: If I were to use this forum in a commercial manner to benefit my traffic count, I'd at least up my sponser ship to a real level of support for the forum, and maybe answer some of the member's questions about your articles every once in a while. We'd probably enjoy reading your responses. :D

42f3c297041f68df59c1a3643da43f85.jpg

Edited to remove the word "clickbait" - SB

Last edited:

Genomecop

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One of my favorite reefers. From the WIKI:

From a historical perspective, the techniques employed by clickbait authors can be considered derivative of yellow journalism, which presented little or no legitimate well-researched news and instead used eye-catching headlines that included exaggerations of news events, scandal-mongering, or sensationalism.[6][7] ...

That's not really what is happening here. His links take you to his blog where he does have information pertinent to what you expect.

OP
OP
Sierra_Bravo

Sierra_Bravo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One of my favorite reefers. From the WIKI:

From a historical perspective, the techniques employed by clickbait authors can be considered derivative of yellow journalism, which presented little or no legitimate well-researched news and instead used eye-catching headlines that included exaggerations of news events, scandal-mongering, or sensationalism.[6][7] ...

That's not really what is happening here. His links take you to his blog where he does have information pertinent to what you expect.

Thanks Genomecop; I'll grant you the definition of "clickbait" and change that word.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hello,

What you all don't understand is that we set up an RSS feed that converts the latest articles from Reef Builders into snippets in threads here on R2R. So really this is my fault but it's really no fault at all since we're doing it just to keep you aware of other good reefing topics on RB.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

gcarroll

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

What you all don't understand is that we set up an RSS feed that converts the latest articles from Reef Builders into snippets in threads here on R2R. So really this is my fault but it's really no fault at all since we're doing it just to keep you aware of other good reefing topics on RB.

Thanks for the clarification Rev!

Sabellafella

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I get where you guys are comming from. But I love the fact I can run across reefbuilders articles on here. Although jake is a busy guy, would be nice for him to get involved with some stuff that's been going on.

TerraFerma

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Just calling balls and strikes here - he doesn't respond to posts on his site feed either. The only thing I care about in this arena is his big all caps NO ban on Indo coral thing. It's kind of gauche to make that statement when two months later people are literally missing meals because no corals are being exported and he has no follow up. Lacks journalistic integrity.

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think a good proportion of the articles are clickbait, the purpose to draw views to his site and to increase advertising income. He does not respond to questions or comments on his site as well— and you would think that someone would have mentioned this thread to him as well.

“Reef Builders” is a commercial business platform, not a platform dedicated to providing accurate information to hobbyists. There are a few magazines I can recommend that provide much more interesting and verified information regarding our hobby.

Genomecop

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think a good proportion of the articles are clickbait, the purpose to draw views to his site and to increase advertising income. He does not respond to questions or comments on his site as well— and you would think that someone would have mentioned this thread to him as well.

“Reef Builders” is a commercial business platform, not a platform dedicated to providing accurate information to hobbyists. There are a few magazines I can recommend that provide much more interesting and verified information regarding our hobby.

Why all the hate for Jake? Your saying 'not a platform dedicated to providing accurate information', what brought you to that conclusion? He is certainly NOT providing inaccurate information. Jake's running a business just like every other YouTuber and I find his videos informative and entertaining.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 31 29.5%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 28 26.7%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 24 22.9%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 22 21.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back