MRC December meeting-"Dirty Stuff Santa"

scapes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello reefers!!
With the third successful swap behind us, it is time to start planning for the next month!! We have never had a meeting in December as it's just been usually too hectic for everyone, but that's gonna change this year :bigsmile:

We're going to have it on Sunday December 12th, time TBA (dinner). But, keeping in tune with the Xmas holidays, we're going to play the ole popular game "Dirty Santa", except with our own Reefing twist! We're calling it, "Dirty Stuff Santa". You know when you play Dirty Santa you bring some sort of gag gift...well keeping it in tune with reefs, we're going to ask that you wrap & bring some "dirty stuff" from your reef tank! We ALL have some sort of used something or another from our tanks, or stuff that has accummulated over the years and the only reason why we keep it b/c we just KNOW we're going to use it one day for just another tank....but probably never will. We want you to go through your stuff (I myself have a whole cabinet, well several) and put together a package (wrapped of course) of something you have used on or for your reef tanks. May be you have some cool gadget you just have never used laying around, or have some extra items you'd like to pass on to another reefer, or something that has just accummulated dust but someone else might find cool......you get the picture.

What we do ask, is that you let us know you will be attending as we hope to have this at a restaurant in Montgomery. The appetizers purchased will be a treat from the Montgomery Reef Club :thumbsup: After dinner, we will play our game of "Dirty Stuff Santa". I will not start looking for a restaurant until I know an approximate head count.
I hope you can attend, just let us know.....and be thinking of a "Dirty Stuff Santa" package!!! LMK if you have any questions!!!!!!

ps
I do realize that there are multiple ways of playing Dirty Santa, so we will go over all the rules prior to playing just so everyones on the same page

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 171 73.1%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 17 7.3%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 41 17.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.1%
Back