*** R2R Secret Santa 2023 is HERE!! Get registered!! ***

Did you know R2R has a Secret Santa gift exchange every year?

• Yep! I'm in!

Votes: 86 35.1%
  • No, I didn't know that!

Votes: 99 40.4%
  • What's a Secret Santa?

Votes: 13 5.3%
  • Bah! Humbug!

Votes: 47 19.2%

• Total voters

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Secret Santa Questionnaire:
  1. What country are you located in? USA
  2. What is one thing you always need more of? Food for my eels!
  3. What do you like to do on the weekends? Read (horror novels)
  4. What are your other hobbies/interests? Painting/drawing
  5. How do you relax after a long day at work? Watching horror movies usually
  6. Is there a candy, cookie, or other treat do you remember you loved as a kid that you you haven't had in years and years? Sugar cookies! Not going to lie had them recently but always a favorite!!
  7. Do you collect anything? Coins, comics, pop characters
  8. What is your favorite color? Purple
  9. What size t-shirt/hoodie/socks do you wear? Small-medium T shirt and hoodie, and womens socks
  10. What is one TV show or movie you can watch over and over again? Supernatural
  11. What type of music do you listen to? Rock
  12. Do you follow any sports teams? No
  13. What's your favorite fish? Angelfish
  14. Favorite coral? Torches or mushrooms
  15. Favorite invert? Shrimp!
  16. Tell us about your tank(s)! What size are they? What do you keep in them? Do you have a build thread? I have a 15 nano, 70 and a 125 gallon tanks. Build thread for my 125 is linked above.
  17. Do you have any planned upgrades or hopeful future tweaks to your tank(s)? Yes currently working on saving for a 275 gallon tank!
  18. What's your favorite thing to watch in your tank? My tangs, angels, dwarf lionfish Nala, and Mo-Mo, my midas blenny, he is so goofy!
  19. Are there any parts of the reef hobby you get really excited over? I love rescuing fish that need a good home.
  20. What are some good gift ideas for you? (This isn't meant to be a wish list. Just some general thoughts or ideas for whoever draws your name.) Ill leave that up to them! Thats the point of secret santa I believe :)
  21. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock* yes
  22. Are there any additional questions you wish we had asked that we didn't? (Add those questions in under these and post your answers.) No

shrimpnreefdude

View Badges
Reaction score
  1. What country are you located in? United States
  2. What is one thing you always need more of? Filtration media (carbon, gfo, etc.)
  3. What do you like to do on the weekends? Relax at home and watch over my animals.
  4. What are your other hobbies/interests? Keeping freshwater shrimp.
  5. How do you relax after a long day at work? Dinner and watch the tanks.
  6. Is there a candy, cookie, or other treat do you remember you loved as a kid that you you haven't had in years and years? None that I can think of honestly.
  7. Do you collect anything? Shrimp and now corals! Haaa haaa
  8. What is your favorite color? Black
  9. What size t-shirt/hoodie/socks do you wear? XXL and 9-12 socks
  10. What is one TV show or movie you can watch over and over again? SpongeBob Squarepants
  11. What type of music do you listen to? Oh geez...reggae, rock, metal, bluegrass, and the list goes on. Depends on my mood!
  12. Do you follow any sports teams? Not as much as I used to, but I would say the Goldenstate Warriors
  13. What's your favorite fish? :( I have a hard time with questions like these. I really don't know how to answer this.
  14. Favorite coral? Again, how can I pick one? I guess at the moment, I would say that I would love to have a blastomussa/ micromussa garden.
  15. Favorite invert? Currently, my Skunk shrimp named Tempura. It's such a cool little shrimp and I get a lot of joy from watching it work.
  16. Tell us about your tank(s)! What size are they? What do you keep in them? Do you have a build thread? Currently working on setting up a Innovative Marine 50gal Lagoon. Currently only live rock and cycling. Plan is for a mixed reef and I have no idea which fish I want to add to it. Build thread coming soon!
  17. Do you have any planned upgrades or hopeful future tweaks to your tank(s)? Absolutely! I'd love to get some new EcoTech MP wavewakers for the tank.
  18. What's your favorite thing to watch in your tank? Watching some coral react to food being spot fed or when broadcast fed.
  19. Are there any parts of the reef hobby you get really excited over? I'm so new to the hobby that everything gets me excited. I do enjoy watching/experiencing other newbies just getting started and being able to share the good things that have helped me.
  20. What are some good gift ideas for you? (This isn't meant to be a wish list. Just some general thoughts or ideas for whoever draws your name.) Tools or knock knacks that make maintenance or caring for the tank easier or more enjoyable.
  21. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock* I'd definitely be interested! If I were to add a coral to my tank, I'd probably want another blastomussa.
  22. Are there any additional questions you wish we had asked that we didn't? (Add those questions in under these and post your answers.)
How long have you been in the hobby?
45 days!

Last edited by a moderator:

RJT

View Badges
Reaction score
  2. What is one thing you always need more of? Fish food
  3. What do you like to do on the weekends? Watch TV and go running
  4. What are your other hobbies/interests? Archery, weightlifting, running and martial arts
  5. How do you relax after a long day at work? Watch TV and not think
  6. Is there a candy, cookie, or other treat do you remember you loved as a kid that you you haven't had in years and years? Katydids
  7. Do you collect anything? Coins
  8. What is your favorite color? Black
  9. What size t-shirt/hoodie/socks do you wear? XL size 13 socks pants L
  10. What is one TV show or movie you can watch over and over again? Kuroko or any Kung Fu movie
  11. What type of music do you listen to? Corrine Bailey Rae
  12. Do you follow any sports teams? Baltimore Ravens Baltimore Orioles NY Knicks
  13. What's your favorite fish? Seahorse
  14. Favorite coral? Torch
  15. Favorite invert? Cucumber
  16. Tell us about your tank(s)! What size are they? What do you keep in them? Do you have a build thread? 290g mixed reef, 40g frag tank, 20g temp tank for sick or qt. I have a build thread
  17. Do you have any planned upgrades or hopeful future tweaks to your tank(s)? May make the 40g a normal reef tank
  18. What's your favorite thing to watch in your tank? The pairs of fish and how they interact (ignore the corals)
  19. Are there any parts of the reef hobby you get really excited over? The therapeutic nature of it
  20. What are some good gift ideas for you? (This isn't meant to be a wish list. Just some general thoughts or ideas for whoever draws your name.) Outdoor cold weather running gear, any photo, figurine or neon lighting for fish room
  21. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock* Yes!! Almost any coral from a safe vendor
  22. Are there any additional questions you wish we had asked that we didn't? (Add those questions in under these and post your answers.)

Reef By Steele

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
  2. What is one thing you always need more of? Nori - Ocean Nutrition Seaweed Selects Green Marine Algae 50-Sheets 5.29-Ounces (150 Grams) https://a.co/d/5dMwQVs
  3. What do you like to do on the weekends?Spend time with my family
  4. What are your other hobbies/interests? Golf, Camping, Hintkng, Fishing
  5. How do you relax after a long day at work?Watch TV, read, cook
  6. Is there a candy, cookie, or other treat do you remember you loved as a kid that you you haven't had in years and years?Pop Rocks, chewy sweet tarts
  7. Do you collect anything?No
  8. What is your favorite color?Hot Pink
  9. What size t-shirt/hoodie/socks do you wear?XL 11.5 Shoe size
  10. What is one TV show or movie you can watch over and over again? How to Lose A Guy in 10 Days
  11. What type of music do you listen to? Christian Worship
  12. Do you follow any sports teams?Nebraska Cornhuskers
  13. What's your favorite fish? Marbles Cat Shark, Blue Faced Angel (heck I love most of them)
  14. Favorite coral?Acans
  15. Favorite invert?Coral Banded Shrimp
  16. Tell us about your tank(s)! What size are they? What do you keep in them? Do you have a build thread?5 DT Red Sea S1000, 3XL 900, XXL750, XL525, 350. Build threads under @HankstankXXL750 1000&525 mixed reefs other 3 FOWLR but not as we have GSP and or some other softies to give motion and color.
  17. Do you have any planned upgrades or hopeful future tweaks to your tank(s)?want a 400 gallon or larger in the next two years.
  18. What's your favorite thing to watch in your tank?Feeding time. Clown fish hatch, orange serpent star eat, smiley our porcupine puffer spit on me.
  19. Are there any parts of the reef hobby you get really excited over?Copepod and Phytoplankton Culturing (of course lol)
  20. What are some good gift ideas for you? (This isn't meant to be a wish list. Just some general thoughts or ideas for whoever draws your name.) Awesome or numerous Shark Shirt, funny socks, I like to wear humerus or bright dress socks.
  21. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock*Livestock would be fine, but limited to coral as adding a fish would be questionable based on compatibility requirements. But would prefer something fun or whimsical. Generating a great holiday memory of my R2R community.

BeanAnimal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
  2. What is one thing you always need more of? Patience, Reese's Eggs, Trees or Pumpkins.
  3. What do you like to do on the weekends? Not Work
  4. What are your other hobbies/interests? Cooking, bread making, electronics (tube amps lately), occasional woodworking. No room for 3D printing, but one day ;)
  5. How do you relax after a long day at work? Gym (power lifting), NYT or WSJ Crosswords and taking care of our greyhounds.
  6. Is there a candy, cookie, or other treat do you remember you loved as a kid that you you haven't had in years and years? Bar Six - the long discontinued Canadian KitKat but better, far better. Tangy Taffy was good too - as were Razzles and or any 80's candy for that matter.
  7. Do you collect anything? Japanese kitchen knifes, anything else is considered clutter by the warden. I am not allowed to collect... well bourbon.
  8. What is your favorite color? Anything but pink.
  9. What size t-shirt/hoodie/socks do you wear? XL, 11.5 shoes
  10. What is one TV show or movie you can watch over and over again? Airplane, or any Mel Brooks, Leslie Neilson or Chevy, Candy, Belushi, etc. Comedy. Deadwood, Sapranos, etc. I am not a "one favorite kinda guy" ;)
  11. What type of music do you listen to? 70s Funk, 80s Punk, old blues and some classic rock…Classical music. Just not country or pop or anything from maybe 2000 forward.
  12. Do you follow any sports teams? Pittsburgh Penguins
  13. What's your favorite fish? Triggers but sadly not reef safe, so I keep tangs, angels, blennies and gobies.
  14. Favorite coral? I love SPS but my favorites corals may be Maze Brains (platgrya) and pearl type bubble corals (harder to find these days as most find hem boring) along with some hammers.
  15. Favorite invert? Tuxedos as they are reef safe. Love Large Brittle Stars and Crabs, but sadly most not reef safe.
  16. Tell us about your tank(s)! What size are they? What do you keep in them? Do you have a build thread? 75 SPS, Some LPS, Tomoni, Scopas, Flame, Blennies, Gobiesik
  17. Do you have any planned upgrades or hopeful future tweaks to your tank(s)? 2nd Plank feeder. Maybe a 180 one day.
  18. What's your favorite thing to watch in your tank? Just the tank. Meaning to get colored filters for iPhone, but never get around to it and too lazy these days to get out SLR and shoot RAW and fix white balance. Eyes no good anymore, but loved watching the macro fauna like pods run around on rocks.
  19. Are there any parts of the reef hobby you get really excited over? nah - and i am over DIY after all of these year, I just want to enjoy the tank, not work on it.
  20. What are some good gift ideas for you? (This isn't meant to be a wish list. Just some general thoughts or ideas for whoever draws your name.) Anything thoughtful or useful, retail or handmade. Not really in the need of knick knacks to sit on a shelf (we are overrun with clutter) but it is the thought that counts, so whatever.
  21. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock* From a reputable vendor, not a home. No room for quarantine and goodness knows I don't need disease or flatworms, etc.
  22. Are there any additional questions you wish we had asked that we didn't? (Add those questions in under these and post your answers.) Nope

JoJosReef

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
  2. What is one thing you always need more of? Patience, Reese's Eggs, Trees or Pumpkins.
  3. What do you like to do on the weekends? Not Work
  4. What are your other hobbies/interests? Cooking, bread making, electronics (tube amps lately), occasional woodworking. No room for 3D printing, but one day ;)
  5. How do you relax after a long day at work? Gym (power lifting), NYT or WSJ Crosswords and taking care of our greyhounds.
  6. Is there a candy, cookie, or other treat do you remember you loved as a kid that you you haven't had in years and years? Bar Six - the long discontinued Canadian KitKat but better, far better. Tangy Taffy was good too - as were Razzles and or any 80's candy for that matter.
  7. Do you collect anything? Japanese kitchen knifes, anything else is considered clutter by the warden. I am not allowed to collect... well bourbon.
  8. What is your favorite color? Anything but pink.
  9. What size t-shirt/hoodie/socks do you wear? XL, 11.5 shoes
  10. What is one TV show or movie you can watch over and over again? Airplane, or any Mel Brooks, Leslie Neilson or Chevy, Candy, Belushi, etc. Comedy. Deadwood, Sapranos, etc. I am not a "one favorite kinda guy" ;)
  11. What type of music do you listen to? 70s Funk, 80s Punk, old blues and some classic rock…Classical music. Just not country or pop or anything from maybe 2000 forward.
  12. Do you follow any sports teams? Pittsburgh Penguins
  13. What's your favorite fish? Triggers but sadly not reef safe, so I keep tangs, angels, blennies and gobies.
  14. Favorite coral? I love SPS but my favorites corals may be Maze Brains (platgrya) and pearl type bubble corals (harder to find these days as most find hem boring) along with some hammers.
  15. Favorite invert? Tuxedos as they are reef safe. Love Large Brittle Stars and Crabs, but sadly most not reef safe.
  16. Tell us about your tank(s)! What size are they? What do you keep in them? Do you have a build thread? 75 SPS, Some LPS, Tomoni, Scopas, Flame, Blennies, Gobiesik
  17. Do you have any planned upgrades or hopeful future tweaks to your tank(s)? 2nd Plank feeder. Maybe a 180 one day.
  18. What's your favorite thing to watch in your tank? Just the tank. Meaning to get colored filters for iPhone, but never get around to it and too lazy these days to get out SLR and shoot RAW and fix white balance. Eyes no good anymore, but loved watching the macro fauna like pods run around on rocks.
  19. Are there any parts of the reef hobby you get really excited over? nah - and i am over DIY after all of these year, I just want to enjoy the tank, not work on it.
  20. What are some good gift ideas for you? (This isn't meant to be a wish list. Just some general thoughts or ideas for whoever draws your name.) Anything thoughtful or useful, retail or handmade. Not really in the need of knick knacks to sit on a shelf (we are overrun with clutter) but it is the thought that counts, so whatever.
  21. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock* From a reputable vendor, not a home. No room for quarantine and goodness knows I don't need disease or flatworms, etc.
  22. Are there any additional questions you wish we had asked that we didn't? (Add those questions in under these and post your answers.) Nope
Pics of the greyhounds, please!
PXL_20230822_200602736.jpg
PXL_20230914_140752313.jpg
PXL_20231116_161230578.jpg

BeanAnimal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Doing what they do best!
I wish - our guys DEMAND 2 ~1 mile walks a day... When they don't get them they are jerks. The 12 year old has bad legs and had a rough surgery last month. He is getting stronger and determined to walk further each day, so he can join his brothers on the daily walks.

I dearly love our dogs! But it is insanity. There are 3 dogs beds in every room of the house, there are dogs toys and the dog food and dog collars and dog clothes and dog boots and dog coats and dog treats and dog fur and dog slobber (special greyhound slimy waterproof slobber) and they sleep on the bed and on the couches and everywhere I walk I have to push a dogs butt out of my way and when I eat push a dogs head out of my plate.... dogs dogs everywhere. I would be lost without them for sure.

JoJosReef

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I wish - our guys DEMAND 2 ~1 mile walks a day... When they don't get them they are jerks. The 12 year old has bad legs and had a rough surgery last month. He is getting stronger and determined to walk further each day, so he can join his brothers on the daily walks.

I dearly love our dogs! But it is insanity. There are 3 dogs beds in every room of the house, there are dogs toys and the dog food and dog collars and dog clothes and dog boots and dog coats and dog treats and dog fur and dog slobber (special greyhound slimy waterproof slobber) and they sleep on the bed and on the couches and everywhere I walk I have to push a dogs butt out of my way and when I eat push a dogs head out of my plate.... dogs dogs everywhere. I would be lost without them for sure.
How curious! Mine would never go a mile. They just wouldn't. My boy (13 now) would stop and turn into a statue. The girl (12) would stop and literally turn her head and look back towards home once she felt we had walked enough, usually ~10 min. I can't blame her. She ran 190 races in her first 3 years. She deserves her retirement!

Dolelo96

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
  2. What is one thing you always need more of? Patience, and Hanna Nitrate HR & Phosphate reagents
  3. What do you like to do on the weekends? Tank stuff, photgraphy, puzzles
  4. What are your other hobbies/interests? Photography & jigsaw puzzles
  5. How do you relax after a long day at work? Watch the tank and/or puzzles
  6. Is there a candy, cookie, or other treat do you remember you loved as a kid that you you haven't had in years and years? Whoopie Pies
  7. Do you collect anything? Unfortunately, vermetid snails
  8. What is your favorite color? Blue
  9. What size t-shirt/hoodie/socks do you wear? L/L/S
  10. What is one TV show or movie you can watch over and over again? Top Gun
  11. What type of music do you listen to? All, but favorite is classic rock
  12. Do you follow any sports teams? FSU & Jacksonville Jaguars
  13. What's your favorite fish? Thats a hard one..Tangs
  14. Favorite coral? SPS & Gonis
  15. Favorite invert? Tuxedo Urchin & Fire Shrimp
  16. Tell us about your tank(s)! What size are they? What do you keep in them? Do you have a build thread? Waterbox 220.6. Current inhabitants are Tangs (Convict, Whitetail Bristletooth, Blonde Naso) Wrasse (Earmuff, Christmas, Splendid, Crescent Tail, Yellow Flanked), Picasso Clowns, Magnificent Foxface. I do have a build thread, but it hasn’t been updated. Family, Covid and restarting tank has taken center stage
  17. Do you have any planned upgrades or hopeful future tweaks to your tank(s)? Overcome vermetid snails
  18. What's your favorite thing to watch in your tank? All of it. It’s amazing to have a piece of the ocean in my living room
  19. Are there any parts of the reef hobby you get really excited over? Everything!..may sound like an easy answer, but there’s always something new to learn
  20. What are some good gift ideas for you? (This isn't meant to be a wish list. Just some general thoughts or ideas for whoever draws your name.) A treatment for vermetid snails :p Seriously, anything. It’s the thought that counts:) I do have a black lab & chocolate lab that love toys.
  21. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock* No

OP
OP
Santa Claus

Santa Claus

View Badges
Reaction score
For our international participants, I ran into a slight snag and need a couple of you to check your PMs so we can get you all matched. (Btw, if we have any additional international participants who want to jump in, reach out quickly and we might still be able to get you in.)

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
  2. What is one thing you always need more of? PODS
  3. What do you like to do on the weekends? Watch the tank, water change day is Sunday.
  4. What are your other hobbies/interests? Reading thriller books (Mary Higgins-Clark, John Saul)
  5. How do you relax after a long day at work? In front of the tank
  6. Is there a candy, cookie, or other treat do you remember you loved as a kid that you you haven't had in years and years? Peppermint bark
  7. Do you collect anything? vintage decor
  8. What is your favorite color? Purple
  9. What size t-shirt/hoodie/socks do you wear? Lg or xl
  10. What is one TV show or movie you can watch ove0r and over again? White Christmas
  11. What type of music do you listen to? A wide range from the 50-90's
  12. Do you follow any sports teams? No
  13. What's your favorite fish? Quoyi Parrotfish
  14. Favorite coral? hydnophora
  15. Favorite invert? cleaner shrimp
  16. Tell us about your tank(s)! What size are they? What do you keep in them? Do you have a build thread? I have a 235 gal display with a 75 gal sump (total volume of 275 gal) I do not have a build thread. And I have a 40 gal cube anemone tank (It's 40 gal total volume)
  17. Do you have any planned upgrades or hopeful future tweaks to your tank(s)? No
  18. What's your favorite thing to watch in your tank? My foxface
  19. Are there any parts of the reef hobby you get really excited over? Adding new livestock
  20. What are some good gift ideas for you? (This isn't meant to be a wish list. Just some general thoughts or ideas for whoever draws your name.) I would love a gift card to add more livestock.
  21. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock*Yes but I would rather it ships after the New Years.
  22. Are there any additional questions you wish we had asked that we didn't? (Add those questions in under these and post your answers.) No
I agree, foxfaces are so cool. Love how they swim. What foxface do you have?

braaap

View Badges
Reaction score
For our international participants, I ran into a slight snag and need a couple of you to check your PMs so we can get you all matched. (Btw, if we have any additional international participants who want to jump in, reach out quickly and we might still be able to get you in.)

I would do an international exchange if you need any and anyone is willing to ship to the US. I love foreign stuff!

Val1064

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I agree, foxfaces are so cool. Love how they swim. What foxface do you have?
I have a tiny one spot. I lost my Lo to velvet (2 years ago) and Bi-color in a tank crash (this past summer, he was 4). They are like little water puppies once they get used to the tank.

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score

My boy is 11 and still runs a marathon in the back yard every evening! Love to see another greyhound lover.

Skeletor for tax.

1702473102396.png

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back