Got your gift? Be sure to say "Thank You!" to your Secret Santa!

ScottJ

View Badges
Reaction score
I'm not tagging, but a thanks would have been nice. Didn't do it for the thanks...but it was part of the rules. I guess I didn't spend enough money.
Dude, I have done Secret Santa 4 times now. First time I got a thank you, second and third, nada. Kind of disappointing, sorry if they didn't like what I sent, but what the heck. I just tried to show my gratitude to my Secret Santa all the more.

But this year, I'm sure without knowing it, the thank you post that SlasherZ wrote about what I sent ABSOLUTELY made everything worth it. I'm sure me and my wife enjoyed that thank you more than Slasher enjoyed his gift.

I guess what I'm saying is don't give up on Secret Santa. It's what Christmas is all about Charlie Brown. ;)

Fish Fan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Dude, I have done Secret Santa 4 times now. First time I got a thank you, second and third, nada. Kind of disappointing, sorry if they didn't like what I sent, but what the heck. I just tried to show my gratitude to my Secret Santa all the more.

But this year, I'm sure without knowing it, the thank you post that SlasherZ wrote about what I sent ABSOLUTELY made everything worth it. I'm sure me and my wife enjoyed that thank you more than Slasher enjoyed his gift.

I guess what I'm saying is don't give up on Secret Santa. It's what Christmas is all about Charlie Brown. ;)
This is kind of what I wanted to say, don't give up on the Secret Santa over this. It's possible your recipient honestly didn't realize they were supposed to post a thank you. I doubt it was because you didn't spend enough on your recipient.

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
We never know what is really going on in someone’s life: tragedy, sickness, pain, and not to forget happiness. Secret Santa is an opportunity for us all to come together and celebrate as a community. Some years, I could barely afford the gifts that were requested, but I made it happen. Did I expect the same? No.

You all, be safe. I will see you all for next year's Secret Santa.:)

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Never heard from my recipient

Fish Fan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Never heard from my recipient
That's unfortunate, and I sympathize. I just think that your recipient didn't realize that they were supposed to reply with a thank you. I'm pretty sure the thank you thread was separate from the main Secret Santa thread, so it's possible some missed it.

Or as others have said, life got in the way of your recipient and they were unable to respond, for whatever reason.

This was my first year in the R2R Secret Santa exchange, and I loved it. I did it mostly for the giving part, and I did get a nice thank you from my recipient, so I feel for those who didn't get a thank you.

If you didn't get a response, maybe just consider yourself the better Santa. There's always next year, and I'd like to keep this going :)

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
That's unfortunate, and I sympathize. I just think that your recipient didn't realize that they were supposed to reply with a thank you. I'm pretty sure the thank you thread was separate from the main Secret Santa thread, so it's possible some missed it.

Or as others have said, life got in the way of your recipient and they were unable to respond, for whatever reason.

This was my first year in the R2R Secret Santa exchange, and I loved it. I did it mostly for the giving part, and I did get a nice thank you from my recipient, so I feel for those who didn't get a thank you.

If you didn't get a response, maybe just consider yourself the better Santa. There's always next year, and I'd like to keep this going :)
I agree and kind of figured this to be the case - no biggie

BeanAnimal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Some people are really kind and thoughtful, other people are jerks, and yet others are clueless or socially inept. Some folks mean well but are forgetful or out of time or dealing with other more pressing issues. Surely some people expected more than they got and other people got far more than they expected.

It feels good to be thanked or recognized, but I think most who participate do so to make somebody else smile. I don't wish to offend anybody, but you don't sign up for something like this to get something, it is about giving somebody else something.

I enjoyed the shopping part, being thanked was certainly a bonus.
I also did not fill out a wish list - simply because I did not want to expect anything and any gift, no matter what it was would be fine.

AydenLincoln

Pufferfish lover!
View Badges
Reaction score
My last secret santa gift from @Freakmachine01 !!! Sorry about the delay for posting, been sick last few days. My secret santa sent a collection of history!!! So cool, from silver age comics, a book of Abe lincoln pennies from 1959 to 2002, a 1947 Canadian coin to my personal favorite, a steel penny from 1943!!! This is a cool piece of American history as the only time America made steel pennies was during the war! Incredible! Made a collector and a history nerd’s Christmas for sure. Thank you so much Secret Santa!!
OOO I have a framed collection of pennies and one is a silver penny. It’s exactly like this because guess what my last name is? That’s right LINCOLN. My Dad is a distant family member of his.
IMG_5858.jpeg

AydenLincoln

Pufferfish lover!
View Badges
Reaction score
Me too - through Kevin Bacon of course... :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:
I had to Google that story that’s a bit unnerving to know that lol. I wouldn’t want to know I was related or somehow connected to the person who assassinated a former president/historic legend. But then again there really is just 6 degrees of separation and you do in fact share 99% of DNA with the person sitting next to you no matter who that person is.

BeanAnimal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
But then again there really is just 6 degrees of separation and you do in fact share 99% of DNA with the person sitting next to you no matter who that person is.
Well except for Chuck Norris - He round house kicks so hard that has has 10 degrees of separation from everyone and doesn't share DNA because nobody is tough enough to make him.

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
OOO I have a framed collection of pennies and one is a silver penny. It’s exactly like this because guess what my last name is? That’s right LINCOLN. My Dad is a distant family member of his.
IMG_5858.jpeg
Thats awesome! My boyfriend nearly cried he was so excited to see a steel penny. He immediately rambled about how rare they were and how important they were in American history. We are both history nerds. :) @Freakmachine01 really outdid himself!

Edit: my boyfriend snagged Holly by Stephen King to read it before me… lol he also says thank you!

AydenLincoln

Pufferfish lover!
View Badges
Reaction score
Thats awesome! My boyfriend nearly cried he was so excited to see a steel penny. He immediately rambled about how rare they were and how important they were in American history. We are both history nerds. :) @Freakmachine01 really outdid himself!

Edit: my boyfriend snagged Holly by Stephen King to read it before me… lol he also says thank you!
Yes some are rare but most aren’t actually the 1943 cooper penny is super rare and worth a lot. But the 1943 steel penny really isn’t rare or worth much unfortunately. I was disappointed to learn this when I saw it lol. Ones with mistakes and the 1944 steel penny has greater monetary value.

shrimpnreefdude

View Badges
Reaction score
Oh, it didn't ruin it for me. I'll be doing it for sure next year.

I just feel its important as a part of this community to hold each other accountable, especially when expectations were clearly communicated by the admins. That was my point in even saying anything. I didn't participate for the thank you at all. I really enjoyed the process of finding what I felt were memorable gifts and what I was able to afford at the time.

Trust me when I say, this year was NOT the year to be spending money on a stranger. But I wanted to try and bless someone.

What I did receive from my Santa was awesome. I use them all the time. Nothing pricey or fancy, but perfect for my needs.

Gratefulness, appreciation, and basic respect shouldn't be something that is the exception. And I'm sorry, but I suppose I was raised differently. I understand we all have different values and opinions. But I'm sure everyone that didn't get a thank you, would probably have a nice smile if they did.

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Yes some are rare but most aren’t actually the 1943 cooper penny is super rare and worth a lot. But the 1943 steel penny really isn’t rare or worth much unfortunately. I was disappointed to learn this when I saw it lol. Ones with mistakes and the 1944 steel penny has greater monetary value.
Its more historic as it happened during the war as they could no longer afford copper, it also is around the great depression. Its just a cool piece of history

TinnysReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Hi @TinnysReef did you get the secret Santa gifts I sent? Two say deliver before Christmas which should have been gift wrapped with a note and the third a few days ago due to international shipping but no note, just a package. Just wanting to make sure they got to where they should be going. Cheers Al
Hi! Thank you! I've not been able to log into the Secret Santa portal since initially signing up so I had no idea you were my Santa!

Thank you so much! All of the gifts were wonderful. I've not seen that type of frag plug before and am excited to try them - really cool. Love all the gifts.

You're a good Santa :smiling-face-with-smiling-eyes:

Santa Claus Christmas GIF by Winter Wonderland

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.5%
Back