*** R2R Secret Santa 2023 is HERE!! Get registered!! ***

Did you know R2R has a Secret Santa gift exchange every year?

• Yep! I'm in!

Votes: 86 35.1%
  • No, I didn't know that!

Votes: 99 40.4%
  • What's a Secret Santa?

Votes: 13 5.3%
  • Bah! Humbug!

Votes: 47 19.2%

• Total voters

Reefing102

Metal Halides Til The End
View Badges
Reaction score
Orders placed for my giftee…just waiting on tracking.

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score

Travv26

View Badges
Reaction score
1. What country are you located in? USA
2. What is one thing you always need more of? Reef blueprints Kalkwasser, trace elements, phytoplankton, neomarine salt
3. What do you like to do on the weekends? For the tank a quick look over, test parameters, small water change, and sit back at enjoy it. Hangout with the family
4. What are your other hobbies/interests? Grilling and smoking food, working out, PC gaming, trying different craft beers, guess with the age bourbon has been a interest
5. How do you relax after a long day at work? Hangout with the family and look over the tank. Relaxing to keep my hands out of the tank
6. Is there a candy, cookie, or other treat do you remember you loved as a kid that you you haven't had in years and years? Man I can’t even remember the name of some of the old candies I had, just remember getting them from grandma’s
7. Do you collect anything? Other than coral, Bourbon has been a new thing
8. What is your favorite color? Purple
9. What size t-shirt/hoodie/socks do you wear? Tshirt xl, hoodie xl-2xl, socks large
10. What is one TV show or movie you can watch over and over again? Big fan of Adam Sandler movies
11. What type of music do you listen to? I listen a lot of everything mostly hip hop being what I mostly listen to in the gym
12. Do you follow any sports teams?
13. What's your favorite fish? My fish would have to be my yellow tang but found interest in all those nano fish
14. Favorite coral? Big torch coral fan, but rainbow pectinia was the coral that I wanted when I first went to an LFS
15. Favorite invert? Cool nems
16. Tell us about your tank(s)! What size are they? What do you keep in them? Do you have a build thread? I have a 300xl that’s like an ongoing project lol, if I had all the funds to just throw at it it would have been done. Had a 180g beforehand that was supposed to be my long term until the sump leaked and crashed my tank. I need to start a build thread. If anyone reads this, stick me to it let me know if you caught me slipping and don’t see it by January 8th, 2024
17. Do you have any planned upgrades or hopeful future tweaks to your tank(s)? Need an auto feeder, plank would be awesome. Would love to get a ghl 4 head doser to clean up the cabinet. Would actually love a new sump to replace my gen1 Red Sea sump. But tank dream would be a 200+ peninsula with external overflow
18. What's your favorite thing to watch in your tank? Love to sit back and watch the torch garden
19. Are there any parts of the reef hobby you get really excited over? I love finding deals for gear or coral. New coral growth lol New coral . Always love new gear.
20. What are some good gift ideas for you? (This isn't meant to be a wish list. Just some general thoughts or ideas for whoever draws your name.) brightwell produced, fish food, magnet nori clip, Hanna reagents, anything cool related to the hobby
21. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? I understand it’s hard so don’t go out of your way for livestock, tank is torches/euphillia and acropora.
22. Are there any additional questions you wish we had asked that we didn't? Seems like you got them all

Last edited:

Mas0n

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
  1. What country are you located in? USA
  2. What is one thing you always need more of? Red Sea Coral Pro Salt
  3. What do you like to do on the weekends? Game/Watching the tank/Eat Cheetos
  4. What are your other hobbies/interests? Gaming / Coding
  5. How do you relax after a long day at work? Drink a nice craft beer and play some games / watch the tank
  6. Is there a candy, cookie, or other treat do you remember you loved as a kid that you you haven't had in years and years? Root Beer Candy
  7. Do you collect anything? Pokemon Cards
  8. What is your favorite color? Blue!
  9. What size t-shirt/hoodie/socks do you wear? 2XL (I eat well lol)
  10. What is one TV show or movie you can watch over and over again? TRAILER PARK BOYS!!!!
  11. What type of music do you listen to? Dubstep / Indie / EDM
  12. Do you follow any sports teams? Not a single one lol
  13. What's your favorite fish? Clownfish
  14. Favorite coral? Euphyllia
  15. Favorite invert? Anemone
  16. Tell us about your tank(s)! What size are they? What do you keep in them? Do you have a build thread? Innovative Marine 40B, currently housing a few small soft frags and a FireFish. New tank!
  17. Do you have any planned upgrades or hopeful future tweaks to your tank(s)? Tunze 9004 protein skimmer, or a mini refugium in a back chamber.
  18. What's your favorite thing to watch in your tank? The Firefish move its little antenna lol
  19. Are there any parts of the reef hobby you get really excited over? Corals and gear!
  20. What are some good gift ideas for you? (This isn't meant to be a wish list. Just some general thoughts or ideas for whoever draws your name.) Anything is awesome. :)
  21. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock* Yes, assuming its compatible with a new tank.

JZ199

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I'm waiting for my person to add their username to their elfster so I can read their list.

Moone Boy Waiting GIF by HULU
Mine has no list and no username ☹️

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
This is my first time doing this. So if there are no clues on their list, do we message and ask, or does that spoil the surprise of the secret Santa? Also no screen name.
There's a place on the Elfster page where you can send them anonymous messages.

Reefer Matt

Reef Cave Dweller
View Badges
Reaction score

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 22 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 93 57.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 6.8%
Back