*** R2R Secret Santa 2023 is HERE!! Get registered!! ***

Did you know R2R has a Secret Santa gift exchange every year?

• Yep! I'm in!

Votes: 86 35.1%
  • No, I didn't know that!

Votes: 99 40.4%
  • What's a Secret Santa?

Votes: 13 5.3%
  • Bah! Humbug!

Votes: 47 19.2%

• Total voters

Santa Claus

View Badges
Reaction score
Ho! Ho! Ho!! It's our 2023 Secret Santa for Reef2Reef!!

This is going to be a great time to spread Christmas joy!!

To those who have been part of our Secret Santa before, you know the drill...but read through this anyhow... :)

Here is how it will work:
  • Requirements to participate:
    • At least 18 years of age
    • At least 14 days as a member of R2R
    • At least 10 posts on R2R
  • Gift requirement: AT LEAST $25 value and a splash of Christmas joy! (Suggested gift range is $25-$50. More on this below.)
  • As you sign up, you'll get a link to the gift exchange on Elfster (it's the Secret Santa exchange website/app that we use to organize the gift exchange) where you'll need to register so that we can easily match you with your Secret Santa.*
  • The first matchup will take place when we have 50 people registered. After this, matches will happen every few days (at least 25 people per match) through December 11th.
  • Sign up is officially closed (deadline was December 11th), but I am trying to make one more match group, so sign up quickly!
  • Buy or make gifts and ship them by December 18, 2023.
  • Delivery tracking is mandatory and will need to be sent to @Santa Claus and/or updated in Elfster.
  • International Participation: Our Secret Santa will have a groups for those outside the US (US participants who would like to participate with international participants are also welcome to do so). While we wish that we had enough international participation to allow all participants to only send to members within their own country, that simply isn't feasible, so please be aware of the possibility that you may need to ship internationally to participate outside the US (but I will do my best to match participants to others within their country).
Here are a few guidelines for this year:
  1. Please, PLEASE, be sure your R2R username is entered on your Elfster profile (include it maybe after your First Name so it appears like a "middle name." This really does help your Secret Santa to find you on Reef2Reef and get better gift giving ideas.
  2. This is an event that is meant to spread Christmas joy, so we're asking all participants to try to make this special for whoever you receive. While we realize that this may look different for everyone, we're asking participants to avoid sending $25 e-gift cards as your only gift. Suggested gift range is $25-$50. You may give more, but be aware that you may not receive more than this amount.
  3. All participants MUST make a post or send a message acknowledging their gift and thanking whoever their Secret Santa is. Most of you do this anyway, but just to be clear, this a requirement for participating. We'll start a Thank You thread specifically for this and link it here.
  4. Feel free to make a wishlist on Elfster if you would like. This is not required (if you fill out the questions listed here, you should be giving some good ideas to your Secret Santa anyhow), but we know some of you like this feature a lot. So feel free to make a wishlist, but please remember that the suggested gift amount is $25-$50 (so be sure to have some good gift ideas available to your Secret Santa in that range).
  5. Your gift MUST be sent by December 18th. Now, we realize things can happen, and we're always willing to work with participants. However, if your gift has not been shipped and confirmation/tracking info sent to Santa by the deadline, you may be banned from participating in future Secret Santa exchanges on Reef2Reef.
  6. Failure to abide by these guidelines may result in not being allowed future participation in Secret Santa gift exchanges. (We're really not expecting to remove anyone, but we do reserve the right to do so if a participant does not engage in the spirit of this gift exchange.)
All R2R Secret Santa participants will receive a special Secret Santa banner under their username.

To sign up, you will need to do these 2 things (PLEASE DO BOTH):
  1. PM @Santa Claus with your contact information (name, email, and country you're located in so that we can PM you the link to sign up on Elfster and join the gift exchange).
  2. Post in this thread with your answers to the questionnaire (see below) IN THIS THREAD (this is our official registration thread).
Secret Santa Questionnaire:
  1. What country are you located in?
  2. What is one thing you always need more of?
  3. What do you like to do on the weekends?
  4. What are your other hobbies/interests?
  5. How do you relax after a long day at work?
  6. Is there a candy, cookie, or other treat do you remember you loved as a kid that you you haven't had in years and years?
  7. Do you collect anything?
  8. What is your favorite color?
  9. What size t-shirt/hoodie/socks do you wear?
  10. What is one TV show or movie you can watch over and over again?
  11. What type of music do you listen to?
  12. Do you follow any sports teams?
  13. What's your favorite fish?
  14. Favorite coral?
  15. Favorite invert?
  16. Tell us about your tank(s)! What size are they? What do you keep in them? Do you have a build thread?
  17. Do you have any planned upgrades or hopeful future tweaks to your tank(s)?
  18. What's your favorite thing to watch in your tank?
  19. Are there any parts of the reef hobby you get really excited over?
  20. What are some good gift ideas for you? (This isn't meant to be a wish list. Just some general thoughts or ideas for whoever draws your name.)
  21. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock*
  22. Are there any additional questions you wish we had asked that we didn't? (Add those questions in under these and post your answers.)
At this time, we are unable to guarantee matching users based on a preference for shipping coral. If shipping coral we ask that you notify @Santa Claus via PM when you would like 2 ship so we can notify recipient and make sure they will be able to receive it. If recipient can't be there we will ask them for 2 other days and work out with sender. (We don't mind playing the go between here to keep it more a secret.)

Also, notice that we have a special Secret Santa forum going on! Feel free to start other threads in here to talk about everything Secret Santa related, holiday related, or just anything you want to talk with all of us other SS peeps!

#R2RSecretSanta

Last edited:

Fish Styx

In Cod We Crust
View Badges
Reaction score
  1. What country are you located in? USA
  2. What is one thing you always need more of?AB+
  3. What do you like to do on the weekends? Golf
  4. What are your other hobbies/interests?Golf, Miniatures Painting, PC Gaming
  5. How do you relax after a long day at work?I'm retired, but in front of the tank
  6. Is there a candy, cookie, or other treat do you remember you loved as a kid that you you haven't had in years and years?Reeses Pieces
  7. Do you collect anything?Christmas Gnomes / Swedish Tomte
  8. What is your favorite color? Orange
  9. What size t-shirt/hoodie/socks do you wear? XXL torso / 14.5 foot
  10. What is one TV show or movie you can watch over and over again? The Expanse
  11. What type of music do you listen to? Punk & Reggae
  12. Do you follow any sports teams? Seahawks
  13. What's your favorite fish?  Tangs
  14. Favorite coral?  Sticks
  15. Favorite invert? Cleaner Shrimp
  16. Tell us about your tank(s)! What size are they? What do you keep in them? Do you have a build thread? 180 DT / Fish, Coral, Inverts / Yes
  17. Do you have any planned upgrades or hopeful future tweaks to your tank(s)? 2 more K7 pros
  18. What's your favorite thing to watch in your tank? My Tangs
  19. Are there any parts of the reef hobby you get really excited over? New Coral
  20. What are some good gift ideas for you? (This isn't meant to be a wish list. Just some general thoughts or ideas for whoever draws your name.) i'ts the thought that counts :face-blowing-a-kiss:
  21. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock* No
  22. Are there any additional questions you wish we had asked that we didn't? (Add those questions in under these and post your answers.) Nope

Last edited:

Bryce M.

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
What country are you located in?
United States

What is one thing you always need more of?
Reef Jerky! Or Acropower

What do you like to do on the weekends
Thats generally when I work on my aquarium but I also make models and such.

What are your other hobbies/interests?
love Warhammer 30k, models, video games

How do you relax after a long day at work?
Have a beer, maybe even a cigar!

Is there a candy, cookie, or other treat do you remember you loved as a kid that you you haven't had in years and years?
Im sure theres plenty but right now I can only think of those hiney bites like toffee honey bites.

Do you collect anything?
Corals lol! Also miniatures and cool dragon stuff. Like I collect these cans from Surley brewing with cool dragons on it from their darkness stout.

What is your favorite color?
Red, crimson

What size t-shirt/hoodie/socks do you wear?
3Xl

What is one TV show or movie you can watch over and over again?
its recent but Puss and Boots the last wish made me watch over and over

What type of music do you listen to?
generally rock and metal

Do you follow any sports teams?
I do not

What's your favorite fish?
My Zebra Moray Eel!

Favorite coral?
very hard... Id have to say chalice corals though.

Favorite invert?
Peacock Mantis shrimp

Tell us about your tank(s)! What size are they? What do you keep in them? Do you have a build thread?
I have a Red Reefer 625 G2+, 132 gal. Keep a mixed reef, community fish. Don't have a thread yet.

Do you have any planned upgrades or hopeful future tweaks to your tank(s)?
honestly I am very happy now. Want a few more corals but just letting it all grow out

What's your favorite thing to watch in your tank?
all the fish and big mat of GSP

Are there any parts of the reef hobby you get really excited over?
Corals! Took a while but the coral bug has hit me!
What are some good gift ideas for you? (This isn't meant to be a wish list. Just some general thoughts or ideas for whoever draws your name.)
Honestly fish/coral food and additives would be wonderful, if you really are generous too I could use some wave pumps

Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock*
Absolutely, even if it's after Christmas I absolutely would take live stock

Are there any additional questions you wish we had asked that we didn't? (Add those questions in under these and post your answers.)
Honestly no! I hope I have enough info!

Dempsey941

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Will Ferrell Santa GIF by filmeditor

1. What country are you located in? United States
  2. What is one thing you always need more of? RODI Kit Refills
  3. What do you like to do on the weekends? Water Changes, Watch Sports, Sleep
  4. What are your other hobbies/interests? Legos, Baseball
  5. How do you relax after a long day at work? Watch Netflix, HBO, Exercise
  6. Is there a candy, cookie, or other treat do you remember you loved as a kid that you you haven't had in years and years? Carmel Apple Suckers
  7. Do you collect anything? Legos
  8. What is your favorite color? Green, Blue, Orange
  9. What size t-shirt/hoodie/socks do you wear? 3XL
  10. What is one TV show or movie you can watch over and over again? Jurassic Park
  11. What type of music do you listen to? Instrumental pop songs (its the only thing I can play during class)
  12. Do you follow any sports teams? *World Series Champion* Texas Rangers, Notre Dame, Alabama
  13. What's your favorite fish? Flame Angel
  14. Favorite coral? Torch Corals
  15. Favorite invert? Skunk Cleaner Shrimp
  16. Tell us about your tank(s)! What size are they? What do you keep in them? Do you have a build thread? Red Sea Reefer 200XL, LPS/Softy System, No Build Thread.
  17. Do you have any planned upgrades or hopeful future tweaks to your tank(s)? No, maybe another fish
  18. What's your favorite thing to watch in your tank? my giant toadstool leathers
  19. Are there any parts of the reef hobby you get really excited over? The automation from controllers.
  20. What are some good gift ideas for you? (This isn't meant to be a wish list. Just some general thoughts or ideas for whoever draws your name.) Chemipure, RODI Refills,
  21. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock* No.

Last edited:

Waboss

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
  1. What country are you located in? USA
  2. What is one thing you always need more of? Brightwell Restor (I have it on a doser and always run out!)
  3. What do you like to do on the weekends? Visit local "hole in the wall" restaurants with the fam, design new things to 3D print, and go to frag swaps!
  4. What are your other hobbies/interests? 3D Printing, drag racing, cigars
  5. How do you relax after a long day at work? Watching my tank, watching TV, or playing some video games.
  6. Is there a candy, cookie, or other treat do you remember you loved as a kid that you you haven't had in years and years? Collins St. Bakery fruit cake (yep, you read that right, it's the ONLY good fruit cake!)
  7. Do you collect anything? Besides coral? Sure, watches, cigars, and Godzilla figures
  8. What is your favorite color? Red
  9. What size t-shirt/hoodie/socks do you wear? XL, XXL if it runs small
  10. What is one TV show or movie you can watch over and over again? Doctor Who
  11. What type of music do you listen to? EDM, Hairband, and hard rock
  12. Do you follow any sports teams? Baltimore Ravens
  13. What's your favorite fish? Red Sea Regal Angel
  14. Favorite coral? Living ones! (SPS or torches)
  15. Favorite invert? Cleaner shrimp
  16. Tell us about your tank(s)! What size are they? What do you keep in them? Do you have a build thread? 40 and 60. Both mixed. Yes I do!
  17. Do you have any planned upgrades or hopeful future tweaks to your tank(s)? Swapping out the 40 for a 60 and building a canopy
  18. What's your favorite thing to watch in your tank? My torch island
  19. Are there any parts of the reef hobby you get really excited over? New gadgets!
  20. What are some good gift ideas for you? (This isn't meant to be a wish list. Just some general thoughts or ideas for whoever draws your name.) Anything to do with reefing, Doctor Who, or stogies (I'll add some things to my wishlist on Elfster to give some more specific ideas.
  21. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? No, weather is getting too "iffy" *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock*
  22. Are there any additional questions you wish we had asked that we didn't? (Add those questions in under these and post your answers.) I think this is a a good list.

Trixter227

Wrasse Wrangler
View Badges
Reaction score
What country are you located in? USA
What is one thing you always need more of? Consistency or uhhh Reef Jerky!
What do you like to do on the weekends? Hike or anything Outdoors
What are your other hobbies/interests? PC games, Miniature painting, Rock climbing
How do you relax after a long day at work? Same as many other Reefers
Is there a candy, cookie, or other treat do you remember you loved as a kid that you you haven't had in years and years? Swiss Rolls
Do you collect anything? Gems/Coins/Trinkets anything a crow would gather
What is your favorite color? blackblackblack maybe purple
What size t-shirt/hoodie/socks do you wear? L for almost anything, size 10.5 Doggs
What is one TV show or movie you can watch over and over again? Most any 80s+ action movie Predator
What type of music do you listen to? Anything with a beat, no pop
Do you follow any sports teams? Not a single one
What's your favorite fish? WRASSE
Favorite coral? Zoa, or any euphyllia. Sticks are starting to grow on me
Favorite invert? CRAB
Tell us about your tank(s)! What size are they? What do you keep in them? Do you have a build thread?
As of today 50gAIO 25gFrag 20gAIO. Wednesday the 150 arrives! All have coral and fish, to much to list lol! Build thread of the 50 but it will be replaced soon
Do you have any planned upgrades or hopeful future tweaks to your tank(s)? 150SCA is showing up in 2 days!! I am apparently "consolidating" some of those other tanks into this one.... or something like that
What's your favorite thing to watch in your tank? I think i said it before WRASSE
Are there any parts of the reef hobby you get really excited over? I am the biggest green thumb, all my pride is from watching the GROWTH. ups, down, and changes in the life in the tank
What are some good gift ideas for you? (This isn't meant to be a wish list. Just some general thoughts or ideas for whoever draws your name.) Any fun trinkets, stickers, decor stuff is always fun. I also have a tank to fill full of anything!
Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock* Yes, almost anything Reef-safe. I can receive packages any-day.
Are there any additional questions you wish we had asked that we didn't? (Add those questions in under these and post your answers.) What climate do you come from!!
I am in whats basicly a temperate rain forest. it also reaches 115F in the summer. yay me!

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
  2. What is one thing you always need more of? Fish food and test kits.
  3. What do you like to do on the weekends? Tinker with the tank, relax.
  4. What are your other hobbies/interests? Scuba, Beekeeping, travel, Classic cars
  5. How do you relax after a long day at work? Make dinner, go for a walk with the dog
  6. Is there a candy, cookie, or other treat do you remember you loved as a kid that you you haven't had in years and years? Peppermint patties.
  7. Do you collect anything? magnets from all the places I have been and stickers for my mixing station
  8. What is your favorite color? Teal blue and purple
  9. What size t-shirt/hoodie/socks do you wear? Large /xl
  10. What is one TV show or movie you can watch over and over again? Shawshank redemption, Days of Thunder. Great British baking anything snad the first 48 hrs
  11. What type of music do you listen to? Jimmy Buffett, kenny chesney, zac brown fun beach music
  12. Do you follow any sports teams? Nascar, Ross Chastain
  13. What's your favorite fish? That I have now is my Blue Throat trigger.
  14. Favorite coral? That i have now are my pectinia.
  15. Favorite invert? Mantis Shrimp
  16. Tell us about your tank(s)! What size are they? What do you keep in them? Do you have a build thread? 180g mixed reef, 40g aio office tank (thunderdome) and 40g freshwater planted. Yes I have a build thread
  17. Do you have any planned upgrades or hopeful future tweaks to your tank(s)? not really
  18. What's your favorite thing to watch in your tank? my new sps growing.
  19. Are there any parts of the reef hobby you get really excited over? finally getting things dialed in and happy so they thrive.
  20. What are some good gift ideas for you? (This isn't meant to be a wish list. Just some general thoughts or ideas for whoever draws your name.) for me this is about the giving not the getting so i will be happy with anything i receive.
  21. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock* Sure but only after the holiday's. i am open to anything reef safe. Cool cleaning crew like bristle stars.
  22. Are there any additional questions you wish we had asked that we didn't? (Add those questions in under these and post your answers.)

Last edited:

Preyou

View Badges
Reaction score
  2. What is one thing you always need more of? Scraper blades, RO Filters, 2LF Reborn Media
  3. What do you like to do on the weekends? Go boating with the family or visit Sea World.
  4. What are your other hobbies/interests? Playing hockey, Jeeping, and watches.
  5. How do you relax after a long day at work? Take a nap with my dog.
  6. Is there a candy, cookie, or other treat do you remember you loved as a kid that you you haven't had in years and years? No. I am now on the carnivore diet and strictly no sugar or carbs.
  7. Do you collect anything? Other than fish tank parts, no.
  8. What is your favorite color? Red
  9. What size t-shirt/hoodie/socks do you wear? 2X and Size 12 socks
  10. What is one TV show or movie you can watch over and over again? Christmas Vacation
  11. What type of music do you listen to? Cali Reggae
  12. Do you follow any sports teams? Detroit Red Wings, Tampa Bay Lightning, Jacksonville Jaguars
  13. What's your favorite fish? Clownfish
  14. Favorite coral? Pretty much any SPS.
  15. Favorite invert? Bubble Tip Anemones
  16. Tell us about your tank(s)! What size are they? What do you keep in them? Do you have a build thread? 135 cube (SPS Dominant), 20G IM Nuvo (LPS Dominant), 10G Cube (Currently Empty), 90G Reef Savvy (in the process of replacing my 135 cube), 60G Deep Blue Frag (Temp home for coral during transition, still empty)
  17. Do you have any planned upgrades or hopeful future tweaks to your tank(s)? As seen above, I need to finish a couple of projects, but I have everything to complete them with the exception of time and patience.
  18. What's your favorite thing to watch in your tank? SPS Growth
  19. Are there any parts of the reef hobby you get really excited over? Automation. I love to Tweak the APEX and would love to mess with the Hydros controller someday.
  20. What are some good gift ideas for you? (This isn't meant to be a wish list. Just some general thoughts or ideas for whoever draws your name.) Just something thoughtful. Nothing in particular.
  21. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock* Sure…. SPS would be best, but with my proximity to WWC, Top Shelf, and Living Reef Orlando; in-store pickup would be the safest and cheapest option. No need to ship it here.

Last edited:

Rp8

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Sign me up! Last year was awesome!!
  1. What country are you located in? US
  2. What is one thing you always need more of? Hanna test reagents
  3. What do you like to do on the weekends?family stuff
  4. What are your other hobbies/interests? Coins and watches
  5. How do you relax after a long day at work? Watch the tank
  6. Is there a candy, cookie, or other treat do you remember you loved as a kid that you you haven't had in years and years?
  7. Do you collect anything? Coins and watches
  8. What is your favorite color? Blue and green
  9. What size t-shirt/hoodie/socks do you wear? XL
  10. What is one TV show or movie you can watch over and over again? Rick and Marty
  11. What type of music do you listen to?old Country
  12. Do you follow any sports teams? Saints n LSU
  13. What's your favorite fish? Butterfly’s
  14. Favorite coral? Torches frogspawn
  15. Favorite invert? Hermits
  16. Tell us about your tank(s)! What size are they? What do you keep in them? Do you have a build thread? I have a build tread
  17. Do you have any planned upgrades or hopeful future tweaks to your tank(s)? No
  18. What's your favorite thing to watch in your tank? Fish
  19. Are there any parts of the reef hobby you get really excited over? Chemistry
  20. What are some good gift ideas for you? (This isn't meant to be a wish list. Just some general thoughts or ideas for whoever draws your name.) pods, macro algae test reagents
  21. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock* pods

Reefing102

Metal Halides Til The End
View Badges
Reaction score
  2. What is one thing you always need more of? Hannah Regeants
  3. What do you like to do on the weekends? Work on small wood projects
  4. What are your other hobbies/interests? Making shelves and stuff out of wood
  5. How do you relax after a long day at work? Watch TV or YouTube
  6. Is there a candy, cookie, or other treat do you remember you loved as a kid that you you haven't had in years and years? Candy Cigarettes
  7. Do you collect anything? Fossils
  8. What is your favorite color? Blue and black
  9. What size t-shirt/hoodie/socks do you wear? XL
  10. What is one TV show or movie you can watch over and over again? Any war movie
  11. What type of music do you listen to? Pretty much anything except heavy metal/screamo
  12. Do you follow any sports teams? Columbus blue jackets and Detroit red wings
  13. What's your favorite fish? Yellow tang
  14. Favorite coral? OG classics
  15. Favorite invert? Starfish
  16. Tell us about your tank(s)! What size are they? What do you keep in them? Do you have a build thread? 65 mixed reef, 13 softy reef and 32 gallon BTA
  17. Do you have any planned upgrades or hopeful future tweaks to your tank(s)? The 13 softy is currently an upgrade in progress from a 3 gallon pico
  18. What's your favorite thing to watch in your tank? The microfauna
  19. Are there any parts of the reef hobby you get really excited over? Unexpected coral growth and new hitchhikers
  20. What are some good gift ideas for you? (This isn't meant to be a wish list. Just some general thoughts or ideas for whoever draws your name.) Reef supplies for my upgrade, Hannah testing regeants Alk and phosphate
  21. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock* Not currently
  22. Are there any additional questions you wish we had asked that we didn't? (Add those questions in under these and post your answers.) N/A

Reefing102

Metal Halides Til The End
View Badges
Reaction score

SlasherZ

I dunno, and at this point I'm too afraid to ask
View Badges
Reaction score

2. What is one thing you always need more of? COPEPODS! Between my six line wrasse and my dragonface pipefish the poor things go through genocide every month.

3. What do you like to do on the weekends? I usually take my kid out to the lake and just hang out if I've got the time off, but I'm usually working bartending.

4. What are your other hobbies/interests? Reading, mixing drinks, brewing my own beer.

5. How do you relax after a long day at work? Sit in my beach chair and have a few beers reading while I watch my tanks

6. Is there a candy, cookie, or other treat do you remember you loved as a kid that you you haven't had in years and years? My mum used to make sugar cookies that she'd cook halfway then pull them out and shove mini reeces cups into the middle of them!

7. Do you collect anything? Velcro patches, hats, and fish! Plants as well.

8. What is your favorite color? Dark greens and blues.

9. What size t-shirt/hoodie/socks do you wear? L/L/no idea.. Large I guess.

10. What is one TV show or movie you can watch over and over again? Southpark.

11. What type of music do you listen to? Punk, rock, indie, old hip hop, old country, metal.

12. Do you follow any sports teams? Nope.

13. What's your favorite fish? For freshwater, it's my dojo/weather Loaches. Saltwater it's probably my bicolor blenny.

14. Favorite coral? Green ricordia! I've had the best luck with it so far, and it's quite pretty.

15. Favorite invert? My fire/blood shrimp is probably my favorite currently.

16. Tell us about your tank(s)! What size are they? What do you keep in them? Do you have a build thread? I have a 75g mixed reef, a 50g freshwater loach tank, a 20g brackish that I run my guppy eugenics program out of, a 7g freshwater I breed cherry shrimp in, and a 2.5g freshwater for breeding leopard blue ramshorns and propagating fw plants. I do have a build thread for my 75g saltwater!

17. Do you have any planned upgrades or hopeful future tweaks to your tank(s)? Lighting! I've currently got a fluval sea marine 3.0 59w and it doesn't seem to be enough for a lot of the corals I have. I'd like to set up another one.

18. What's your favorite thing to watch in your tank? Either my clownfish/anemone pair or my dragonface pipefish.

19. Are there any parts of the reef hobby you get really excited over? Honestly, all of it! But I love watching territories get staked out by my various fish and corals. There's a running almost game of thrones like narrative to all my tanks...

20. What are some good gift ideas for you? Shirts, stickers, marine themed decorations, liverock, lighting, advice, livestock, fish food, param tests.

21. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? Sure! As long as it's peaceful.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Been in every year. Been traveling today and will post mine tomorrow

Mhamilton0911

BitterSalty
View Badges
Reaction score
Yay! Been looking forward to this!

1. What country are you located in? US
  2. What is one thing you always need more of? Salt
  3. What do you like to do on the weekends? Same as any other day, I'm a SAHM..
  4. What are your other hobbies/interests? I also like home diy projects, and other random crafting, furniture renovations, misc artsy things.
  5. How do you relax after a long day at work? I'm a stay at home Mom, homeschool 4 kids and secretary for my husband's business. I'm never "off work". However I do use my tanks as an 'anytime of day break'.
  6. Is there a candy, cookie, or other treat do you remember you loved as a kid that you you haven't had in years and years? Not really, I am gluten free so that really limits things, and I like to bake myself so I make lots of yummys all the time so I'm not going without!
  7. Do you collect anything? Unfinished projects, lol. Ocean anything, cool shells, dried things, sea art.
  8. What is your favorite color? Purple
  9. What size t-shirt/hoodie/socks do you wear? Shirt M, Hoodie L, socks M?
  10. What is one TV show or movie you can watch over and over again? I really like older comedies, Think 90'early 2000's. Adam Sandler and will Ferrell types as an example but love Steve Martin too.
  11. What type of music do you listen to? Literally trash. Anything, Billboard 100, country, rock, alternative....
  12. Do you follow any sports teams? Nope
  13. What's your favorite fish? Hard to pick just one, but for just straight beauty the purple firefish, but many others are my favorites also, my eel, my dwarf Seahorses, my tiny neon goby list goes on...
  14. Favorite coral? Really love rock flower anenomes! I have almost 20.
  15. Favorite invert? Has to be crabs, there are so many varieties, some can be so different.
  16. Tell us about your tank(s)! What size are they? What do you keep in them? Do you have a build thread? 3g dwarf seahorse, 13.5 anenome variety tank, 15g cube reef in progress, 29g eel tank, 75g mixed reef. Build threads for most of those. 75g linked in my build thread badge.
  17. Do you have any planned upgrades or hopeful future tweaks to your tank(s)? I'm always tinkering, slowly upgrading. I built all on a tight budget so all can be upgraded.
  18. What's your favorite thing to watch in your tank? Love seeing coral growth! But also fish interactions with each other are fun to watch too.
  19. Are there any parts of the reef hobby you get really excited over? I'm gonna sound like a weirdo, but spawning behavior is really awesome. Makes me think I'm doing things right.
  20. What are some good gift ideas for you? (This isn't meant to be a wish list. Just some general thoughts or ideas for whoever draws your name.) Handmade things. Since I like to craft, and usually handmake things myself to gift.
  21. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock* No. I'm pretty full on all tanks so really only looking for a few selective things. I'd prefer to not ship live in that holiday danger zone.
  22. Are there any additional questions you wish we had asked that we didn't? (Add those questions in under these and post your answers.) No, I think we're more covered than previous questions!

AydenLincoln

Pufferfish lover!
View Badges
Reaction score
  2. What is one thing you always need more of? Chemi-pure Blue
  3. What do you like to do on the weekends? Get my nails done/at home spa days, Netflix, sleep, and enjoy my saltwater aquariums.
  4. What are your other hobbies/interests? I enjoy getting my nails done, all things beauty (I’m a girly girly), and shopping.
  5. How do you relax after a long day at work? Netflix and watching my porcupine pufferfish Hewbie.
  6. Is there a candy, cookie, or other treat do you remember you loved as a kid that you you haven't had in years and years? No not really. I have a huge sweet tooth though.
  7. What is your favorite color? Purple and all things glittery/holographic.
  8. What is one TV show or movie you can watch over and over again? Grey’s Anatomy and Elf.
  9. What type of music do you listen to? Pop
  10. What size t-shirt/hoodie/socks do you wear? Small and Medium. Women’s 4-6 and sock size 5-9.
  11. Do you follow any sports teams?
  12. The Eagles but I wouldn’t say I’m a sports fanatic so no not really.
  13. Do you collect anything? No
  14. What's your favorite fish? Porcupine pufferfish
  15. Favorite coral? Euphyllia and bubble coral
  16. Favorite invert? Starfish
  17. Tell us about your tank(s)! What size are they? What do you keep in them? Do you have a build thread? I have a 20 gallon reef tank with 2 clownfish, a damselfish, some hermit crabs, along with various coral. And a 75-gallon fowlr tank with a porcupine pufferfish, melanarus wrasse, anthias, and bristletooth tang. Yes. I have a build thread.
  18. Do you have any planned upgrades or hopeful future tweaks to your tank(s)? No. But I hope to one day in the future when I have more room.
  19. What's your favorite thing to watch in your tank? My porcupine pufferfish.
  20. Are there any parts of the reef hobby you get really excited over? Reef-A-Palooza and pufferfish especially porcupine pufferfish but any and all pufferfish are cute and personable.
  21. What are some good gift ideas for you? Fish related: Any purple LPS coral, rock flower anemones, or mushroom corals, a gift card to my local fish store Something Fishy in Northampton, PA., and anything pufferfish specifically porcupine pufferfish related. Not fish related: Any snacks sweet/salty except for dark chocolate which I don’t like (no allergies). I love any beauty products too: lotion, face masks, etc.
  22. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? I changed my mind no thanks.
  23. Here’s a link to my Elfster Wishlist which includes my Amazon Wishlist. https://www.elfster.com/profile/061...h-lists/c70e6f37-b4b1-49d3-8063-de44f1130311/

Last edited:

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back