*** R2R Secret Santa 2023 is HERE!! Get registered!! ***

Did you know R2R has a Secret Santa gift exchange every year?

• Yep! I'm in!

Votes: 86 35.1%
  • No, I didn't know that!

Votes: 99 40.4%
  • What's a Secret Santa?

Votes: 13 5.3%
  • Bah! Humbug!

Votes: 47 19.2%

• Total voters

Ghostweim

View Badges
Reaction score
I'm in! :)

Secret Santa Questionnaire:
  1. What country are you located in? USA
  2. What is one thing you always need more of? Time... Money... Patience... :)
  3. What do you like to do on the weekends? No joke - I always say as little as possible. In reality, I work on my tank, make soap, quilt, and read.
  4. What are your other hobbies/interests? Quilting, making soap, reading, messing with my tank, and cooking
  5. How do you relax after a long day at work? Relax with an adult beverage and stare at my tank
  6. Is there a candy, cookie, or other treat do you remember you loved as a kid that you you haven't had in years and years? Can't think of any - now though I have a weakness for Walker Shortbread cookies
  7. Do you collect anything? I do not and instead am on a clutter reduction plan.
  8. What is your favorite color? Pale yellow
  9. What size t-shirt/hoodie/socks do you wear? 3XL - sz 10 ladies
  10. What is one TV show or movie you can watch over and over again? I am a one-and-done person so don't have an answer for this.
  11. What type of music do you listen to? I appreciate all kinds of music and listen to a mix from classical to rock. I do not like rap though.
  12. Do you follow any sports teams? No
  13. What's your favorite fish? I like them all - but my Diamond Watchman Goby has to be my favorite - he has swagger and charm - and a devil may care attitude. He owns the tank.
  14. Favorite coral? My duncans are my favorite - a little sway movement and they eat like little piggies
  15. Favorite invert? My purple pin cushion urchin
  16. Tell us about your tank(s)! What size are they? What do you keep in them? Do you have a build thread? I have a IM Nuvo 40 gallon lagoon AIO - love it. I have a build thread but have not updated it lately. :( I have a mixture of corals, inverts, 2 clowns, a chalk bass, a PJ cardinal, and a Watchman goby.
  17. Do you have any planned upgrades or hopeful future tweaks to your tank(s)? No upgrades - but am trying to add diversity to the tank with some TBS rocks coming soon. Would like to start a mushroom spot in the low light area of the tank too.
  18. What's your favorite thing to watch in your tank? The goby - he has attitude :)
  19. Are there any parts of the reef hobby you get really excited over? New equipment for nano tanks or AOI tanks - and coral
  20. What are some good gift ideas for you? (This isn't meant to be a wish list. Just some general thoughts or ideas for whoever draws your name.) Starbucks, I like hand thrown mugs, can aways use another Salifert Nitrate or Phosphate test kit, Jamie Oliver cookbook - Everyday Super Food
  21. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock* Rather than receive livestock, a gift card to Algae Barn, Tidal Gardens, or Fishotel would be better
  22. Are there any additional questions you wish we had asked that we didn't? (Add those questions in under these and post your answers.) See below
Wine over beer
Salty over sweet - Doritos are my favorite
Coffee over tea - although I like really good tea
I have a Weimaraner who rules the house :rolleyes:
I like colored pens
I am a huge Jamie Oliver fan

Redfoxtang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
  2. What is one thing you always need more of? Super Glue, Fish Food
  3. What do you like to do on the weekends?Watch sports, Boating, Fishing, Cleaning the tanks, Videos games
  4. What are your other hobbies/interests? Video games, Golfing
  5. How do you relax after a long day at work?Sit on couch with beer and watch the tank!
  6. Is there a candy, cookie, or other treat do you remember you loved as a kid that you you haven't had in years and years?No I’ve always like Reese’s and peanut butter stuff pretzels
  7. Do you collect anything? Just corals and equipment
  8. What is your favorite color? Red
  9. What size t-shirt/hoodie/socks do you wear? L wear a size 10 shoe forgot how socks work 10-15 or something idk lol
  10. What is one TV show or movie you can watch over and over again? Pineapple Express
  11. What type of music do you listen to? Rock and Country
  12. Do you follow any sports teams? Chicago teams
  13. What's your favorite fish? Magnificent Foxface
  14. Favorite coral? SPS in general
  15. Favorite invert? Trochus
  16. Tell us about your tank(s)! What size are they? What do you keep in them? Do you have a build thread? I have 2 8’ tanks ones 210 and the other 300. I mainly keep SPS in one and mixed in the other. Best of both worlds!
  17. Do you have any planned upgrades or hopeful future tweaks to your tank(s)?Its always a possibility but money is always the factor
  18. What's your favorite thing to watch in your tank? All the fish swimming around pecking at the rocks
  19. Are there any parts of the reef hobby you get really excited over? All the shows that come to the Orlando area and the LFS around here are amazing
  20. What are some good gift ideas for you? (This isn't meant to be a wish list. Just some general thoughts or ideas for whoever draws your name.) Honestly I like to give more than receive so for me just super glue, frag plates, algea clips. Easy stuff
  21. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock* No I have enough live stock unless it’s an awesome Acro or something lol
  22. Are there any additional questions you wish we had asked that we didn't? (Add those questions in under these and post your answers.) I think this questionnaire was good and asked a lot of questions!

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score

ScottW

Manchester United
View Badges
Reaction score
  2. What is one thing you always need more of? Microbacter Clean
  3. What do you like to do on the weekends? Watch Manchester United play with the family
  4. What are your other hobbies/interests? Hockey
  5. How do you relax after a long day at work? watching movies with the wife and kids
  6. Is there a candy, cookie, or other treat do you remember you loved as a kid that you you haven't had in years and years? Oatmeal Raisin
  7. Do you collect anything? Manchester United Jerseys
  8. What is your favorite color? Red
  9. What size t-shirt/hoodie/socks do you wear? XXL
  10. What is one TV show or movie you can watch over and over again? The Office (we watch daily)
  11. What type of music do you listen to? Country
  12. Do you follow any sports teams? Manchester United
  13. What's your favorite fish? Gem Tang
  14. Favorite coral? Acros/Mushrooms
  15. Favorite invert? Shrimp
  16. Tell us about your tank(s)! What size are they? What do you keep in them? Do you have a build thread? 400 gallons in total in basement, 25 IM, 15 IM
  17. Do you have any planned upgrades or hopeful future tweaks to your tank(s)? More flow Jebao SCP-180 amazing pumps for the price.
  18. What's your favorite thing to watch in your tank? Corals grow
  19. Are there any parts of the reef hobby you get really excited over? everything
  20. What are some good gift ideas for you? (This isn't meant to be a wish list. Just some general thoughts or ideas for whoever draws your name.) Anything, I just love the hobby and United.
  21. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock* No thanks.
  22. Are there any additional questions you wish we had asked that we didn't? (Add those questions in under these and post your answers.) You did great Santa

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score

1. What country are you located in? United Kingdom

2. What is one thing you always need more of? Salt!

3. What do you like to do on the weekends? Hiking with my dogs, reading a good book, tampering with my reef

4. What are your other hobbies/interests? Camping, sailing, hiking

5. How do you relax after a long day at work? Glass of whiskey and a pipe of tobacco

6. Is there a candy, cookie, or other treat do you remember you loved as a kid that you you haven't had in years and years? Candyfloss

7. Do you collect anything? Old aquarium gear

8. What is your favorite color? Blue

9. What size t-shirt/hoodie/socks do you wear? S (European)

10. What is one TV show or movie you can watch over and over again? Friends

11. What type of music do you listen to? Anything really

12. Do you follow any sports teams? FC Copenhagen, Glasgow Rangers (soccer!)

13. What's your favorite fish? Magnificent fox face

14. Favorite coral? Acans and scolys

15. Favorite invert? My tuxedo urchins

16. Tell us about your tank(s)! What size are they? What do you keep in them? Do you have a build thread? Cade S2 1200 mixed reef tank and three Red Sea Max Nano (Anemone, zoa, NPS) and yes!

17. Do you have any planned upgrades or hopeful future tweaks to your tank(s)? GOD NO!

18. What's your favorite thing to watch in your tank? My algae grazers

19. Are there any parts of the reef hobby you get really excited over? Innovation and automation

20. What are some good gift ideas for you? Books about fish and coral, anything to hang on the walls in my fish room

21. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? No please. I try only to shop livestock at my LFS.

22. Are there any additional questions you wish we had asked that we didn't? (Add those questions in under these and post your answers.) See below

Danish not Scottish
Size 41 in shoes
Brushes my teeth three times a day
Love an early morning

Gumbies R Us

Certified Noob
View Badges
Reaction score
  2. What is one thing you always need more of? Food, copepods
  3. What do you like to do on the weekends? Kick back and take a weekend to relax with my wife
  4. What are your other hobbies/interests? Rock Climbing, Photography, Model Kits, Pc Games
  5. How do you relax after a long day at work? Watch the tank. Or get distracted on YouTube
  6. Is there a candy, cookie, or other treat do you remember you loved as a kid that you you haven't had in years and years? Walkers Pure butter shortbread fingers (had those all the time during my time at a church haha)
  7. Do you collect anything? Baseball cards, lego sets
  8. What is your favorite color? Red (can't you tell)
  9. What size t-shirt/hoodie/socks do you wear? Adult Medium, Not ankle socks
  10. What is one TV show or movie you can watch over and over again? Breakfast Club, Band of brothers
  11. What type of music do you listen to? Rock, metal
  12. Do you follow any sports teams? No (even though my wife wants me to root for Alabama Football)
  13. What's your favorite fish? Lion Fish (loved them ever since I was a kid)
  14. Favorite coral? Zoas or torches
  15. Favorite invert? Pistol Shrimp or Snails
  16. Tell us about your tank(s)! What size are they? What do you keep in them? Do you have a build thread? Tank is a 20g RedSea AIO, I want to have a mixed reef filled with life, I do have a build thread
  17. Do you have any planned upgrades or hopeful future tweaks to your tank(s)? Get the power box fixed for my light (got water on it and fried it whoops), eventually I would like to automate the tank more (feeding, water testing etc..)
  18. What's your favorite thing to watch in your tank? My Firefish, he is just fun to watch dart around the tank, also snails because I never know where they will end up next
  19. Are there any parts of the reef hobby you get really excited over? Just being able to learn more about the hobby, and seeing a tank go from empty to floursishing.
  20. What are some good gift ideas for you? (This isn't meant to be a wish list. Just some general thoughts or ideas for whoever draws your name.) marine decor, better test kits, shirts, socks, local items
  21. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock* No
  22. Are there any additional questions you wish we had asked that we didn't? (Add those questions in under these and post your answers.) None that I can think of right now.

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
  2. What is one thing you always need more of? Sanity - dark chocolate - klir 4 filter rolls - 12% hydrogen peroxide
  3. What do you like to do on the weekends? read, hang out with Skeletor (greyhound), tend to the plants, hang out with the tank - I also make my own mustard and once we're in the new house will be back to making my own vinegar and starting up the sourdough again
  4. What are your other hobbies/interests? books, houseplants, bones, baking
  5. How do you relax after a long day at work? read, drink red wine or dark craft beers
  6. Is there a candy, cookie, or other treat do you remember you loved as a kid that you you haven't had in years and years? :thinking-face: Pina colada flavored rock candy (input from husband)
  7. Do you collect anything? books, begonia, peperomia, philodendron, bones, fluorescing glass (amberina/uranium, etc), taxidermy, tattoos
  8. What is your favorite color? grey
  9. What size t-shirt/hoodie/socks do you wear? small (please no socks though, I'm allergic)
  10. What is one TV show or movie you can watch over and over again? Fringe, The Lost Boys, Howl's Moving Castle (that's my go-to for sick days)
  11. What type of music do you listen to? punk
  12. Do you follow any sports teams? negative
  13. What's your favorite fish? my marine betta (betelgeuse)
  14. Favorite coral? NPS gorgs, leathers, meats
  15. Favorite invert? clams
  16. Tell us about your tank(s)! What size are they? What do you keep in them? Do you have a build thread? currently downsized to a 64ish cube but once our house is done (supposedly mid-dec) will be bringing back the 115ish and turning the cube into a seahorse tank. Yes, build thread in badge
  17. Do you have any planned upgrades or hopeful future tweaks to your tank(s)? ponies soon :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes: and the upgraded tank will take my current livestock. upgraded tank gets meats and other lps again, pony tank will keep my softies and such
  18. What's your favorite thing to watch in your tank? I enjoy watching the fish interact. Possum wrasse is cute flittering in and out of branchy corals
  19. Are there any parts of the reef hobby you get really excited over? growth, interaction, success
  20. What are some good gift ideas for you? (This isn't meant to be a wish list. Just some general thoughts or ideas for whoever draws your name.) plants, local honey, dark chocolate, fish stuff
  21. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock* sure, gorgs - softies - pods - etc. (or a set up to ship at a later date, or gift cards to these types of places, etc)
  22. Are there any additional questions you wish we had asked that we didn't? (Add those questions in under these and post your answers.) Please hold.... will report back if I think of anything

Last edited:

Reef_Freak720

View Badges
Reaction score
What country are you located in? USA

What is one thing you always need more of? Trident Reagents IO Salt, hannah reagents for high range nitrate or DKH, pump clean, etc

What do you like to do on the weekends?
Hang out with my kids

What are your other hobbies/interests?
3d printing, gaming, growing medicinal plants.(wink wink )

How do you relax after a long day at work?
Hot shower and veg after the children are asleep

Is there a candy, cookie, or other treat do you remember you loved as a kid that you you haven't had in years and years?
Nothing I haven't had in years but my favorites as a kid were sour patch kids and Haribo Frogs

Do you collect anything?
Corals, Succulents, Seeds, 90s kid stuff

What is your favorite color?
Green

What size t-shirt/hoodie/socks do you wear?
L tshirt/Hoodie. Size 10.5 feet

What is one TV show or movie you can watch over and over again?
Forrest Gump, Finding Nemo, Rick and Morty, Futurama, Hey Arnold

What type of music do you listen to?
Punk, Folk Punk, Pop Punk, Hip Hop

Do you follow any sports teams?
Red Sox and Patriots(both oof right now)

What's your favorite fish?
Tailspot blenny
Golden Dwarf Eel

Favorite coral?
Euphillia, Miami Hurricane Chalice, Shrooms and zoas

Favorite invert?
Fire Shrimp, Tiger Tail Cucumber, Colorado Sunburst

Tell us about your tank(s)! What size are they? What do you keep in them? Do you have a build thread?
75 gallon mixed reef
2 ocellaris clown
2 oxina cardinals
Yellow tang
Foxface
Green Mandarin
Golden Dwarf Eel
Various Corals and Inverts

Do you have any planned upgrades or hopeful future tweaks to your tank(s)?
Plan to redo my sump to have a larger Fuge

What's your favorite thing to watch in your tank?
My eel, Eelvis

Are there any parts of the reef hobby you get really excited over?
Breeding clownfish was exilerating for me.
Watching the eggs change and eventually hatch. Then seeing the fish fry grow day by day. Incredibly rewarding

What are some good gift ideas for you? (This isn't meant to be a wish list. Just some general thoughts or ideas for whoever draws your name.)
Beggers can't be choosers.... I'll honestly be happy with anything I recieve :)

Would you be interested in receiving livestock? Certainly interested

If yes, what would you be interested in?
Corals(mainly softies for now)
Or I'd totally crap myself if someone got me a new tailspot blenny

Last edited:

dough

Reefing since '95
View Badges
Reaction score
HoHoHo

2. What is one thing you always need more of? Reef Diaper Filter Socks, time and money
  3. What do you like to do on the weekends? tend to my salt and fresh water aquariums, expecting our first grand kid in a few weeks so that will take up time. Metal detect and relax
  4. What are your other hobbies/interests? metal detect and build models
  5. How do you relax after a long day at work? Watch YouTube, walk the dog and sometimes fall asleep, that’s beside watching my tank
  6. Is there a candy, cookie, or other treat do you remember you loved as a kid that you you haven't had in years and years? old style of hard Christmas candy
  7. Do you collect anything? colonial and civil war artifacts, corals
  8. What is your favorite color? green and orange
  9. What size t-shirt/hoodie/socks do you wear? XXL and large socks
  10. What is one TV show or movie you can watch over and over again? Christmas Vacation, Santa Claus Movies, westerns
  11. What type of music do you listen to? 70s and 80s, southern rock
  12. Do you follow any sports teams? Clemson
  13. What's your favorite fish? Anthias and gobies
  14. Favorite coral? Acans
  15. Favorite invert? Clams
  16. Tell us about your tank(s)! What size are they? What do you keep in them? Do you have a build thread? Mixed reef 50 gallons, total 70 gallons. My oldest coral is 26 years old. No build thread
  17. Do you have any planned upgrades or hopeful future tweaks to your tank(s)? if only my wife would let me!
  18. What's your favorite thing to watch in your tank? Sitting in front of my tank in the evenings watching and looking.
  19. Are there any parts of the reef hobby you get really excited over? discovering new corals, learning from others
  20. What are some good gift ideas for you? (This isn't meant to be a wish list. Just some general thoughts or ideas for whoever draws your name.) I can always more replacement socks as stated above and Flipper DeepSea Magnifier Glass.
  21. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock* I’d prefer a gift card if you so to choose
  22. Are there any additional questions you wish we had asked that we didn't? (Add those questions in under these and post your answers.) Not that I can think of

ESABOE

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
First time participating. Very excited. Secret Santa Questionnaire:
  1. What country are you located in? Ventura, California, US
  2. What is one thing you always need more of? Aveeno Facial Wipes
  3. What do you like to do on the weekends? Read to my 1 yr old grandson
  4. What are your other hobbies/interests? Genealogy, and volunteer at equine therapy center for disabled youth. Sheldrick Trust Wildlife Org!
  5. How do you relax after a long day at work? I’m retired so I stare at my tank, or play video games. Retirement in and of itself is relaxing, so no matter what I’m doing it tends not to be stressful.
  6. Is there a candy, cookie, or other treat do you remember you loved as a kid that you you haven't had in years and years? My grandmother always had a jar of these sesame/honey candy that looked like little bricks. From Joyva, very hard to find.
  7. Do you collect anything? Swag from Sheldrick Trust Wildlife Org. Vintage albums. I’ve been on the hunt for Elton John’s “Captain Fantastic and the Brown Dirt Cowboy” forever. It was one of my first records and I would sit in my neon green bean bag chair and look at the surreal cover art and listen to his songs.
  8. What is your favorite color? Peacock Blue/Teal
  9. What size t-shirt/hoodie/socks do you wear? Women’s small. I love both. No socks
  10. What is one TV show or movie you can watch over and over again? Battlestar Gallactica w/Edward James Olmos or ELF
  11. What type of music do you listen to? Opera, Big Band, Country, Harry Styles, Bruno Mars
  12. Do you follow any sports teams? LA Dodgers and LA Lakers
  13. What's your favorite fish? Orange Shoulder Tang
  14. Favorite coral? Miss Piggy Goniopora
  15. Favorite invert? Nasarius Snail
  16. Tell us about your tank(s)! What size are they? What do you keep in them? Do you have a build thread? Just started a 70 gallon Red Sea 350 two months ago. I just purchased a bunch of coral during Black Friday - it;s a LPS/Softie tank. I have a pair of clowns arriving next week. I have a build thread.
  17. Do you have any planned upgrades or hopeful future tweaks to your tank(s)? a 70 gallon is plenty for me. I’m not sold on these Red Sea lights though, someday will add an AI Glow light so my corals pop.
  18. What's your favorite thing to watch in your tank? Right now it only has the rocks and some snails and one rack of corals that just got delivered. The tank is right next to my bed as I have weekly chemo and spend a lot of time resting. I love staring at it even without fish. It’s magical.
  19. Are there any parts of the reef hobby you get really excited over? When I read about someone here on R2R that is struggling in real life and its their tank that gets them through the day, makes them smile.
  20. What are some good gift ideas for you? (This isn't meant to be a wish list. Just some general thoughts or ideas for whoever draws your name.) I like hoodie sweatshirts, lip gloss, anything from Sheldrick Trust Wildlife Org, and See’s Candy Bordeaux chocolates.
  21. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? if you grow/frag corals that would be cool to have a secret Santa frag,
  22. Are there any additional questions you wish we had asked that we didn't? No
@santa Claus

Last edited:

SliceGolfer

View Badges
Reaction score
  1. What country are you located in? Unites States
  2. What is one thing you always need more of? Hanna Alk (HI772), Hanna HR Nitrate (HI782), Hanna ULR Phosphate (HI736) test kit reagents
  3. What do you like to do on the weekends? Reef maintenance, road trips, family time
  4. What are your other hobbies/interests? 3D printing, home improvement, photography
  5. How do you relax after a long day at work? Watch the reef, YouTube, Podcasts, Mini Schnauzers
  6. Is there a candy, cookie, or other treat do you remember you loved as a kid that you haven't had in years and years? N/A
  7. Do you collect anything? Bubble algae, aiptasia, excess reef equipment
  8. What is your favorite color? Blue
  9. What size t-shirt/hoodie/socks do you wear? XXL
  10. What is one TV show or movie you can watch over and over again? Better off dead
  11. What type of music do you listen to? Wide range from Metallica to Depeche Mode
  12. Do you follow any sports teams? N/A
  13. What's your favorite fish? Flame Angel
  14. Favorite coral? Millepora
  15. Favorite invert? Gold Ring Cowrie
  16. Tell us about your tank(s)! What size are they? What do you keep in them? Do you have a build thread? Three tanks - IM15 SPS, IM15 LPS, IM40L SPS, build thread tagged below
  17. Do you have any planned upgrades or hopeful future tweaks to your tank(s)? SPS grow out, maybe an SPS species tank
  18. What's your favorite thing to watch in your tank? Coral growth
  19. Are there any parts of the reef hobby you get really excited over? Ground breaking ideas like dosing ammonium bicarbonate
  20. What are some good gift ideas for you? (This isn't meant to be a wish list. Just some general thoughts or ideas for whoever draws your name.) Hanna test reagents, BRS Kalk, Pinky Filter pad, Unique Corals or AquaSD card, reef stuff, petg or pla filament, reef shirts
  21. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? No livestock please
  22. Are there any additional questions you wish we had asked that we didn't? (Add those questions in under these and post your answers.) N/A

Cichlid Dad

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
What country are you located in?
United States
What is one thing you always need more of?
Salifert test kits
What do you like to do on the weekends?
Work on my tanks and reload ammo
What are your other hobbies/interests?
Hand guns, hunting fishing
How do you relax after a long day at work?
A nice non alcohol beer and watching my reef, or you tube reefing video
Is there a candy, cookie, or other treat do you remember you loved as a kid that you you haven't had in years and years?
No
Do you collect anything?
Hot sauce
What is your favorite color?
Blue
What size t-shirt/hoodie/socks do you wear?
2xL
What is one TV show or movie you can watch over and over again?
Young Frankenstein
What type of music do you listen to?
Zeppelin, Hendrix, slow blues
Do you follow any sports teams?
Seahawks
What's your favorite fish?
My copperband
Favorite coral?
Acro
Favorite invert?
Coral band shrimp
Tell us about your tank(s)! What size are they?
75 gallon and 90 gallon
What do you keep in them? Do you have a build thread?
Mixed tank yes I have a build thread
Do you have any planned upgrades or hopeful future tweaks to your tank(s)?
Glass cleaning equipment
What's your favorite thing to watch in your tank?
My coral as they color up
Are there any parts of the reef hobby you get really excited over?
Learning from others about reefing
What are some good gift ideas for you? (This isn't meant to be a wish list. Just some general thoughts or ideas for whoever draws your name.) Colored lense for cell phone, glass cleaning equipment, test kit
Would you be interested in receiving livestock?
Only a frag from your own tank that means something special to you and a little note about why it is special
Are there any additional questions you wish we had asked that we didn't? (Add those questions in under these and post your answers.)

Last edited:

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
1.What country are you located in? Texas ;)
2. What is one thing you always need more of? Time
3. What do you like to do on the weekends? Catch up on chores - aquarium related and regular things, hang out with family; during football season I'm kinda glued to the TV, lol.
4. What are your other hobbies/interests? Animal rescue, volunteering, learning new things. I love snorkeling and diving but don't get to do these very often.
5. How do you relax after a long day at work? Enjoy the tanks, watch TV, reading, crossword puzzles
6. Is there a candy, cookie, or other treat do you remember you loved as a kid that you you haven't had in years and years? Not really... I buy myself whatever I want, lol
7. Do you collect anything? Used aquarium equipment/supplies
8. What is your favorite color? Guess ;)
9. What size t-shirt/hoodie/socks do you wear? Medium-Large/ large/ normal
10. What is one TV show or movie you can watch over and over again? TV-Doctor Who, M.A.S.H., Seinfeld... Movies-The Princess Bride, Monty Python/Holy Grail... I know that's more than one.
11. What type of music do you listen to? A lot. Classical, hard rock, soft rock, classic rock, 90's country, modern country....
12. Do you follow any sports teams? Football! College -Texas A&M and Ohio State; Pro- Titans and Chiefs
13. What's your favorite fish? That's a hard one... I love my marine betta but also have a soft spot for gobies.
14. Favorite coral? Frogspawn
15. Favorite invert? Sexy shrimp
16. Tell us about your tank(s)! What size are they? What do you keep in them? Do you have a build thread? I have a build thread for my main tank and also have a 10 gallon with pulsing Xenia, some small nems, and sexy shrimp.
17. Do you have any planned upgrades or hopeful future tweaks to your tank(s)? Not really, just upgraded this year. Although I do want to set up a smaller tank and buy some real live rock...
18. What's your favorite thing to watch in your tank? I love watching the pulsing Xenia... It's mesmerizing and reminds me of happy kitten paws. In the main tank I love looking for micro-critters/hitchhikers and watching my mandarin pair dance at dusk
19. Are there any parts of the reef hobby you get really excited over?
20. What are some good gift ideas for you? (This isn't meant to be a wish list. Just some general thoughts or ideas for whoever draws your name.) Coral Magazine, anything chocolate (no nuts), gift cards (BRS, Dinkins, etc), classic reefing books, reef related art/decorations
21. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock* No
22. Are there any additional questions you wish we had asked that we didn't? (Add those questions in under these and post your answers.)

Last edited:

Arcticwolf

View Badges
Reaction score
  1. What country are you located in?  USA
  2. What is one thing you always need more of? Flow! Haha
  3. What do you like to do on the weekends? Relax, play games with friends
  4. What are your other hobbies/interests? I love fossil hunting, video games and movies
  5. How do you relax after a long day at work? Literally sit in front of my tank with my feet up and watch my fish live their best lives
  6. Is there a candy, cookie, or other treat do you remember you loved as a kid that you you haven't had in years and years? Girl Scout Thin Mints
  7. Do you collect anything? Shark teeth, movie prop replicas
  8. What is your favorite color? Crimson, Burgandy, Wine
  9. What size t-shirt/hoodie/socks do you wear? 3XL
  10. What is one TV show or movie you can watch over and over again? Rick and Morty
  11.  What type of music do you listen to? I'm eclectic
  12. Do you follow any sports teams? Savannah Bananas
  13. What's your favorite fish? I love all of my fish, but really enjoy brightly colored fish
  14. Favorite coral? Jelly Bean Chalice
  15. Favorite invert? Biscuit Starfish
  16. Tell us about your tank(s)! What size are they? What do you keep in them? Do you have a build thread? I've been through a few, had to downsize from my dream tank after a hurricane took it out. Now I have what is left crammed into a RSR 300XL. My rockscape, the couple of corals that survived and my fish that made it. I can't remember if I have a build thread
  17. Do you have any planned upgrades or hopeful future tweaks to your tank(s)? I'm hoping after my next move, I'll be able to upgrade to a larger tank again. Really interested in the AF Oceanguard line.
  18. What's your favorite thing to watch in your tank? Everything. It's amazing to watch a whole other ecosystem grow and change.
  19. Are there any parts of the reef hobby you get really excited over? Tech! I love new stuff and seeing what companies come up with next to make reefing easier.
  20. What are some good gift ideas for you? (This isn't meant to be a wish list. Just some general thoughts or ideas for whoever draws your name.) I'm pretty easy going and thankful for any gift I get. I truly appreciate sentimental gifts because it means you read this and did some thinking to make it special
  21. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock* No, not with a move approaching. But I'd be happy for a raincheck on a Jelly Bean Chalice!
  22. Are there any additional questions you wish we had asked that we didn't? (Add those questions in under these and post your answers.) I think this is great! Maybe add in 'what do you like most about R2R Secret Santa?' And 'how many years have you participated?' I'm always interested in extra details. I really enjoy getting to know people

Last edited:

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 26 14.7%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 87 49.2%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 54 30.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.8%
Back