*** R2R Secret Santa 2023 is HERE!! Get registered!! ***

Did you know R2R has a Secret Santa gift exchange every year?

• Yep! I'm in!

Votes: 86 35.1%
  • No, I didn't know that!

Votes: 99 40.4%
  • What's a Secret Santa?

Votes: 13 5.3%
  • Bah! Humbug!

Votes: 47 19.2%

• Total voters

Pvtgloss

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Secret Santa Questionnaire:
  1. What country are you located in? USA
  2. What is one thing you always need more of? SALT
  3. What do you like to do on the weekends? CLEAN MY TANK
  4. What are your other hobbies/interests? WORK
  5. How do you relax after a long day at work? RESEARCH AND PLAY MINESWEEPER
  6. Is there a candy, cookie, or other treat do you remember you loved as a kid that you you haven't had in years and years? CANDY CANE
  7. Do you collect anything? NO
  8. What is your favorite color? ORANGE
  9. What size t-shirt/hoodie/socks do you wear? XL,XXL,12
  10. What is one TV show or movie you can watch over and over again? SIENFELD
  11. What type of music do you listen to? ROCK
  12. Do you follow any sports teams?NO
  13. What's your favorite fish? DIAMOND GOBY
  14. Favorite coral? CYPHASTREA
  15. Favorite invert? PISTOL SHRIMP
  16. Tell us about your tank(s)! What size are they? What do you keep in them? Do you have a build thread? MAX E170 ALMOST TWO YRS OLD, GOBIES, CLOSED, CARDINAL FISH, PISTOL AND CLEANER SHRIMP. A MIX PF SOFT, LPS AND SPS CORALS. A DESKMATE FLORIDA THAT IS CYCLING RN. DESKMATE HAS A BUILD THREAD.
  17. Do you have any planned upgrades or hopeful future tweaks to your tank(s)? I'M GOING TO LET THE 170 GROW OUT WHILE BUILDING THE DESKMATE.
  18. What's your favorite thing to watch in your tank? DIAMOND GOBY
  19. Are there any parts of the reef hobby you get really excited over? ALL OF IT SINCE I'M LESS THAN 2 YRS IN.
  20. What are some good gift ideas for you? (This isn't meant to be a wish list. Just some general thoughts or ideas for whoever draws your name.) THOSE FLORESCENT ART. ANYTHING FOR TANK MAINTENANCE.
  21. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock* NO
  22. Are there any additional questions you wish we had asked that we didn't? (Add those questions in under these and post your answers.)NO

shakacuz

hang loose, cuz
View Badges
Reaction score
  2. What is one thing you always need more of? super glue, BRS sodium bicarbonate, BRS soda ash, BRS gen. magnesium mix, BRS calcium chloride, co2 media
  3. What do you like to do on the weekends? walk my dog, do routine tank maintenance
  4. What are your other hobbies/interests? rock climbing, soccer/fútbol
  5. How do you relax after a long day at work? watch my tank, watch tv, watch a soccer game, play fifa(fc24), csgo or a long list of other pc games
  6. Is there a candy, cookie, or other treat you remember you loved as a kid that you haven't had in years and years? lemon head
  7. Do you collect anything? yugioh cards
  8. What is your favorite color? blue
  9. What size t-shirt/hoodie/socks do you wear? tshirt/hoodie (mens S/M), socks (mens size 7-8.5)
  10. What is one TV show or movie you can watch over and over again? pirates of the caribbean movies
  11. What type of music do you listen to? edm
  12. Do you follow any sports teams? FC Barcelona, and Argentinian National Soccer team
  13. What's your favorite fish? Blotchy Anthias
  14. Favorite coral? currently vivid rainbow insanity and any specious that isn’t green/yellow
  15. Favorite invert? my colorado sunburst BTA
  16. Tell us about your tank(s)! What size are they? What do you keep in them? Do you have a build thread? see my tank setup thread (check badge)
  17. Do you have any planned upgrades or hopeful future tweaks to your tank(s)? hopefully a controller/dosing system, upgraded lights (2x reefi uno pro 2.0’s 2x quanta led bars), or carx
  18. What's your favorite thing to watch in your tank? corals and fish movement
  19. Are there any parts of the reef hobby you get really excited over? new corals, coral growth, or fish
  20. What are some good gift ideas for you? upgraded computer parts, rock climbing gear
  21. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? varied copepod colonies, fish (court jester goby, tail spot blenny), or OG yellow fiji leather
  22. Are there any additional questions you wish we had asked that we didn't? yes;
    • what kind of rock climbing gear? harness (size S men granite black diamond solution harness), black diamond black atc-cap belay device, climbing chalk

Last edited:

nosduj

View Badges
Reaction score
  2. What is one thing you always need more of? Fish/coral food, Superglue, Frag plugs, All for reef powder
  3. What do you like to do on the weekends? Spend time with family
  4. What are your other hobbies/interests? Espresso, Nintendo Switch/Xbox series X, working on my Jeep
  5. How do you relax after a long day at work? Espresso, Smoke pipe
  6. Is there a candy, cookie, or other treat do you remember you loved as a kid that you you haven't had in years and years? Shark Gummies
  7. Do you collect anything? Corals, Vintage t-shirts
  8. What is your favorite color? Red
  9. What size t-shirt/hoodie/socks do you wear? XL, XL, L
  10. What is one TV show or movie you can watch over and over again? The office, Naruto,
  11. What type of music do you listen to? Rock, Punk, Emo
  12. Do you follow any sports teams? South Carolina Gamecocks
  13. What's your favorite fish? Yellow Tang
  14. Favorite coral? Monti
  15. Favorite invert? Tuxedo Urchin
  16. Tell us about your tank(s)! What size are they? What do you keep in them? Do you have a build thread? Cade 1800, 208 gal. Multiple tangs, pair of clowns, niger trigger, etc
  17. Do you have any planned upgrades or hopeful future tweaks to your tank(s)? Swapping kessil lights to Ecotech
  18. What's your favorite thing to watch in your tank? Lawnmower Blenny, so much personality
  19. Are there any parts of the reef hobby you get really excited over? Coral growth and fragging
  20. What are some good gift ideas for you? (This isn't meant to be a wish list. Just some general thoughts or ideas for whoever draws your name.) Anything tank related, clothing, 3d printer filament
  21. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock* Nems
  22. Are there any additional questions you wish we had asked that we didn't? (Add those questions in under these and post your answers.)

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
  2. What is one thing you always need more of? time
  3. What do you like to do on the weekends? Lately remodel newest house down the street for upcoming rental and take care of elderly mom who moved into my new next-door home I bought this year because she is disabled and newly legally blind
  4. What are your other hobbies/interests? planning our/my small wedding for likely March 2024, chair committee Talent & Mentoring for WISE TX (Women Inspiring Success & Excellence, Texas chapter), Secretary local hobby club DFWMAS (Dallas Fort Worth Marine Aquarium Society), gather donations for Goodwill
  5. How do you relax after a long day at work? ... I dream of 2024 when life must settle down after this busy 2023 lol
  6. Is there a candy, cookie, or other treat do you remember you loved as a kid that you you haven't had in years and years? I have a sweet tooth but been too busy for snacks this year, so anything chocolate or with nuts or with caramel or with all three (ok, now I'm hungry!)
  7. Do you collect anything? ... not really
  8. What is your favorite color? pink
  9. What size t-shirt/hoodie/socks do you wear? xxl preferred
  10. What is one TV show or movie you can watch over and over again? any comedy - just bought Bad Teacher so my mom can 'watch' with me anytime
  11. What type of music do you listen to? ... any & all but lean towards rock
  12. Do you follow any sports teams? ... not lately
  13. What's your favorite fish? ... it is hard to have a favorite because there are SO many I love... blue spot jawfish, princess anthias, copperband butterfly, neon goby, hector's goby, mandarins, ... wish more angels and butterfly fish were more reef safe and stayed smaller...
  14. Favorite coral? likely rainbow infusions but I have a soft spot for any neon mushrooms
  15. Favorite invert? fire shrimp
  16. Tell us about your tank(s)! What size are they? What do you keep in them? Do you have a build thread? 180 mixed reef & 60 FOWLR and build thread links are in my R2R signature
  17. Do you have any planned upgrades or hopeful future tweaks to your tank(s)? install my CoralVue controllers I bought earlier this year (1 for each tank) and put my replacement ATO on my FOWLR so people stop helping me out with manually refilling freshwater too high causing my skimmer going wonky, 2023 was so insanely busy I broke down even my pod cultures, so I'm planning pod return sooner than later (at least 1 2 gallon tank doing Tigger Pods with spirulina)
  18. What's your favorite thing to watch in your tank? fish, pods, anything moving... even if moving slow
  19. Are there any parts of the reef hobby you get really excited over? ALL of it!
  20. What are some good gift ideas for you? (This isn't meant to be a wish list. Just some general thoughts or ideas for whoever draws your name.) Reef Diapers (time), anything pampering (facial mud mask), fish food, ...
  21. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock* no, Texas has lousy shipping
  22. Are there any additional questions you wish we had asked that we didn't? (Add those questions in under these and post your answers.) you do such a great job, thank you!
I am easy to please, though I really enjoy helping others. I'm sure I will love anything from whomever gets me.

Last edited:

TheReefAddict

More Than An Obsession
View Badges
Reaction score
  1. What country are you located in?USA
  2. What is one thing you always need more of? TIME
  3. What do you like to do on the weekends?COACH MY DAUGHTERS SOFTBALL TEAM
  4. What are your other hobbies/interests? OCEAN FISHING, SURFING
  5. How do you relax after a long day at work?COLD BEER AND HANG WITH THE FAMILY
  6. Is there a candy, cookie, or other treat do you remember you loved as a kid that you you haven't had in years and years? BUTTER COOKIES
  7. Do you collect anything? BOTTLE OPENERS
  8. What is your favorite color?BLUE
  9. What size t-shirt/hoodie/socks do you wear?2XL
  10. What is one TV show or movie you can watch over and over again? TOMBSTONE, SHAWSHANK REDEMPTION
  11. What type of music do you listen to? PUNK, reggae.
  12. Do you follow any sports teams? LA CHARGERS
  13. What's your favorite fish? HARLEQUIN TUSK
  14. Favorite coral? BLASTO, GONI
  15. Favorite invert? TUBE ANMONE
  16. Tell us about your tank(s)! What size are they? What do you keep in them? Do you have a build thread? STANDARD 120 MIXED REEF
  17. Do you have any planned upgrades or hopeful future tweaks to your tank(s)? I’D LIKE TO RE-AQUASCAPE
  18. What's your favorite thing to watch in your tank? CORAL MOVING IN THE CURRENT
  19. Are there any parts of the reef hobby you get really excited over? I’M A SUCKER FOR NEW REEF GADGETS
  20. What are some good gift ideas for you? (This isn't meant to be a wish list. Just some general thoughts or ideas for whoever draws your name.) CORAL, LOCAL BEER FROM THE SENDERS NECK OF THE WOODS.
  21. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock*ABSOLUTELY, ANYTHING THAT IS REEF SAFE
  22. Are there any additional questions you wish we had asked that we didn't? (Add those questions in under these and post your answers.)NOPE

aSaltyKlown

View Badges
Reaction score
What country are you located in? USA
What is one thing you always need more of? Cow bell
What do you like to do on the weekends? Relax, tank maintenance, photography, hike
What are your other hobbies/interests? Console gaming, shooting, playing guitar, SCUBA
How do you relax after a long day at work? Watch my tank and TV
Is there a candy, cookie, or other treat do you remember you loved as a kid that you you haven't had in years and years? Oatmeal pies
Do you collect anything? Reef and sea turtle paintings/photos, Reefing stickers, camera and fish tank gear
What is your favorite color? Blue
What size t-shirt/hoodie/socks do you wear? Large/10
What is one TV show or movie you can watch over and over again? Futurama
What type of music do you listen to? Rock/80s & 90s Metal/Grunge
Do you follow any sports teams? Washington Caps, Nats & Commanders
What's your favorite fish? Foxface, in my tank it would be Coral Beauty
Favorite coral? Frogspawn/Hammer/Torch
Favorite invert? Shrimp, pistol
Tell us about your tank(s)! What size are they? What do you keep in them? Do you have a build thread? 40 Breeder, mainly LPS corals, Yes, I have a build thread.
Do you have any planned upgrades or hopeful future tweaks to your tank(s)? Within the next 18 months I plan to get a 125. Getting ready to start a planted freshwater tank in my old Evo 13.5
What's your favorite thing to watch in your tank? YWG/Pistol
Are there any parts of the reef hobby you get really excited over? Cool hardware and frag meets
What are some good gift ideas for you? (This isn't meant to be a wish list. Just some general thoughts or ideas for whoever draws your name.) Reef art/decor or t-shirts, anything tank related, consumables.
Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock* No
Are there any additional questions you wish we had asked that we didn't? (Add those questions in under these and post your answers.) Not at this time

Last edited:

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
What country are you located in? USA
What is one thing you always need more of? Cow bell
What do you like to do on the weekends? Relax, tank maintenance, photography, hike
What are your other hobbies/interests? Console gaming, shooting, playing guitar, SCUBA
How do you relax after a long day at work? Watch my tank and TV
Is there a candy, cookie, or other treat do you remember you loved as a kid that you you haven't had in years and years? Oatmeal pies
Do you collect anything? Reef and sea turtle paintings/photos, Reefing stickers, camera and fish tank gear
What is your favorite color? Blue
What size t-shirt/hoodie/socks do you wear? Large/10
What is one TV show or movie you can watch over and over again? Futurama
What type of music do you listen to? Rock/80s & 90s Metal/Grunge
Do you follow any sports teams? Washington Caps, Nats & Commanders
What's your favorite fish? Foxface, in my tank it would be Coral Beauty
Favorite coral? Frogspawn/Hammer/Torch
Favorite invert? Shrimp, pistol
Tell us about your tank(s)! What size are they? What do you keep in them? Do you have a build thread? 40 Breeder, mainly LPS corals, Yes, I have a build thread.
Do you have any planned upgrades or hopeful future tweaks to your tank(s)? Within the next 18 months I plan to get a 125. Getting ready to start a planted freshwater tank in my old Evo 13.5
What's your favorite thing to watch in your tank? YWG/Pistol
Are there any parts of the reef hobby you get really excited over? Cool hardware and frag meets
What are some good gift ideas for you? (This isn't meant to be a wish list. Just some general thoughts or ideas for whoever draws your name.) Reef art, Reef jerky, ABC Reagents, 4”x14” BRS mesh socks, carbon, 5 stage RODI filter replacement kit
Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock* No
Are there any additional questions you wish we had asked that we didn't? (Add those questions in under these and post your answers.) Not at this time
will ferrell cowbell GIF

MrsBugmaster

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
  2. What is one thing you always need more of? GFO,NewLifeSpectrum pellets, Hikari Marine A pellets, LRS frozen food.
  3. What do you like to do on the weekends? Spend time with family, friends and watching my tanks
  4. What are your other hobbies/interests? Crafts, gardening
  5. How do you relax after a long day at work? Sitting in front of my tank with a glass of wine
  6. Is there a candy, cookie, or other treat do you remember you loved as a kid that you you haven't had in years and years? Chocolate
  7. Do you collect anything? Santa’s, fish artwork
  8. What is your favorite color? Blue
  9. What size t-shirt/hoodie/socks do you wear? Medium
  10. What is one TV show or movie you can watch over and over again?Harry Potter, Hunger Games, Game of Thrones
  11. What type of music do you listen to? Pop, rock, country
  12. Do you follow any sports teams? No
  13. What's your favorite fish? Angels and butterflies
  14. Favorite coral? LPS
  15. Favorite invert? BTA, pencil urchins
  16. Tell us about your tank(s)! What size are they? What do you keep in them? Do you have a build thread?270 FOWLR butterflies, angels, couple tangs, anthias. 34 gallon reef tank. Pair of clowns, mostly LPS Corals , build thread for the 270
  17. Do you have any planned upgrades or hopeful future tweaks to your tank(s)? Yes, adding more modules and things to my APEX. (salinity probe, leak sensor, Installing 2 Noctua fans in canopy,
  18. What's your favorite thing to watch in your tank? How my pairs of fish interact with each other
  19. Are there any parts of the reef hobby you get really excited over? New technology and equipment, new fish discoveries
  20. What are some good gift ideas for you? (This isn't meant to be a wish list. Just some general thoughts or ideas for whoever draws your name.) Fish food, magnetic algae clips, maintenance/cleaning items like brushes and stuff. Chocolates, fish artwork.
  21. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock* LPS Corals
  22. Are there any additional questions you wish we had asked that we didn't? (Add those questions in under these and post your answers.)No.

Cassian

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
So excited for this again!! This will be my first secret Santa since getting back into reefing!!!

1. What country are you located in?
USA
  1. What is one thing you always need more of?
SALT
  1. What do you like to do on the weekends?
Ride my horse
  1. What are your other hobbies/interests?
Horse back riding, crafting, hunting, digital drawing, gaming,
  1. How do you relax after a long day at work?
Drawing or watching a movie
  1. Is there a candy, cookie, or other treat do you remember you loved as a kid that you you haven't had in years and years?
Marshmallow Peeps!
  1. Do you collect anything?
Yes, pocket knives
  1. What is your favorite color?
Blue
  1. What size t-shirt/hoodie/socks do you wear?
Men’s medium shirt, small socks
  1. What is one TV show or movie you can watch over and over again?
  1. What type of music do you listen to?
Wide variety but mostly pop or rock
  1. Do you follow any sports teams?
No
  1. What's your favorite fish?
Blue dot jawfish
  1. Favorite coral?
Anything lps but fav is prolly torch or acans
  1. Favorite invert?
Blood red fire shrimp!
  1. Tell us about your tank(s)! What size are they? What do you keep in them? Do you have a build thread?
I have a 32 gallon biocube that I recently set up to get back into the hobby! I keep a mixed reef with two clowns and a pair of blood red fire shrimp right now. I do have a build thread, https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/c...e-build-diving-back-in.1011178/#post-11871869

1. Do you have any planned upgrades or hopeful future tweaks to your tank(s)?
Not really, just stocking at this point
  1. What's your favorite thing to watch in your tank?
My fish
  1. Are there any parts of the reef hobby you get really excited over?
Yes! I really enjoy all the chemistry and technology involved!
  1. What are some good gift ideas for you? (This isn't meant to be a wish list. Just some general thoughts or ideas for whoever draws your name.)
Coral, test kits, salt, fish food, tank cleaning supplies
  1. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock*
Yes! Any type of coral really, and fish wise any fire fish type, gold chromis, blue dot jawfish, or lawn mower blenny
  1. Are there any additional questions you wish we had asked that we didn't? (Add those questions in under these and post your answers.)
Nope, I don’t think so

Last edited:

Reefer Matt

YouTube Channel
View Badges
Reaction score
  2. What is one thing you always need more of? PH Calibration solution
  3. What do you like to do on the weekends? Reefing!
  4. What are your other hobbies/interests? Reefing and Photography
  5. How do you relax after a long day at work? Reefing
  6. Is there a candy, cookie, or other treat do you remember you loved as a kid that you you haven't had in years and years? Diabetic, no.
  7. Do you collect anything? No
  8. What is your favorite color? Green
  9. What size t-shirt/hoodie/socks do you wear? 2xl shirt
  10. What is one TV show or movie you can watch over and over again? YouTube
  11. What type of music do you listen to? Rock
  13. What's your favorite fish? Dogface Puffer
  14. Favorite coral? All
  15. Favorite invert? All
  16. Tell us about your tank(s)! What size are they? What do you keep in them? Do you have a build thread? Too many to list. See my channel and build thread.
  17. Do you have any planned upgrades or hopeful future tweaks to your tank(s)? Dream tank (250 gal+) someday.
  18. What's your favorite thing to watch in your tank? The coral and light shimmer
  19. Are there any parts of the reef hobby you get really excited over? Helping others succeed.
  20. What are some good gift ideas for you? (This isn't meant to be a wish list. Just some general thoughts or ideas for whoever draws your name.) Anything reef related. Even a keychain makes me smile.
  21. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock* No, I have plenty already.
  22. Are there any additional questions you wish we had asked that we didn't? (Add those questions in under these and post your answers.) No. I don't really want or need anything, but want to give.

braaap

View Badges
Reaction score
  1. What country are you located in? United States
  2. What is one thing you always need more of? CoralAmino
  3. What do you like to do on the weekends? Tank Maintenance. Spend time with my wife and kids
  4. What are your other hobbies/interests? Tech. I'm a tinkerer. I also play some video games
  5. How do you relax after a long day at work? Glass of whisky and watch the tank
  6. Is there a candy, cookie, or other treat do you remember you loved as a kid that you you haven't had in years and years? Not sure. But I do love trying obscure stuff
  7. Do you collect anything? No
  8. What is your favorite color? Orange
  9. What size t-shirt/hoodie/socks do you wear? No clothes please lol
  10. What is one TV show or movie you can watch over and over again? I've seen Top Gun 500 times I bet lol
  11. What type of music do you listen to? Anything but country honestly
  12. Do you follow any sports teams? Pittsburgh Penguins
  13. What's your favorite fish? Bluespot Jaw
  14. Favorite coral? Candy Apple Red zoa
  15. Favorite invert? PomPom Crab or cleaner shrimp
  16. Tell us about your tank(s)! What size are they? What do you keep in them? Do you have a build thread? Current tank is a brand new IM 20 Gallon drop off. Just getting it going.
  17. Do you have any planned upgrades or hopeful future tweaks to your tank(s)? Not really. About the only thing I will need is a Trident. I want a Hanna marinemaster but can't justify it.
  18. What's your favorite thing to watch in your tank? I really enjoy watching the movement of SPS
  19. Are there any parts of the reef hobby you get really excited over? I really enjoy the new tech. I have full Apex control. Just wish someone would come out with a better controller as the Apex is poor quality these days.
  20. What are some good gift ideas for you? (This isn't meant to be a wish list. Just some general thoughts or ideas for whoever draws your name.) I'm open to anything. Doesn't have to be fish related. I LOVE food and drink. So maybe something obscure. Something from your area. BRS gift cards are always awesome. CoralAmino. CoralFrenzy.
  21. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock* Yes. SPS mainly. Or higher end zoanthids
  22. Are there any additional questions you wish we had asked that we didn't? (Add those questions in under these and post your answers.) Nope

Thank you so much!

Keko21

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Im in!

2. What is one thing you always need more of? Salt and Hanna test refills
  3. What do you like to do on the weekends? Mess with my tank and anything outdoors, shooting, fishing, MTB, camping etc.
  4. What are your other hobbies/interests? See above
  5. How do you relax after a long day at work? Hang with the family, wine and whiskey dont hurt!
  6. Is there a candy, cookie, or other treat do you remember you loved as a kid that you you haven't had in years and years? Not that i havnt had but gummy anything is good!
  7. Do you collect anything? Not really.
  8. What is your favorite color? Green
  9. What size t-shirt/hoodie/socks do you wear? Large
  10. What is one TV show or movie you can watch over and over again? Star Wars, Harry Potter, lord of the rings, alien, Marvel
  11. What type of music do you listen to? Rock, metal, country
  12. Do you follow any sports teams? NY Jets, Tampa Lightning, NZ All Blacks
  13. What's your favorite fish? Mandarin
  14. Favorite coral? Torch
  15. Favorite invert? Pistol shrimp
  16. Tell us about your tank(s)! What size are they? What do you keep in them? Do you have a build thread? Red Sea 350 G2 see my build thread!
  17. Do you have any planned upgrades or hopeful future tweaks to your tank(s)? Not currently, but will eventually get a larger tank.
  18. What's your favorite thing to watch in your tank? All of it!
  19. Are there any parts of the reef hobby you get really excited over? Just watching it grow and develop.
  20. What are some good gift ideas for you? (This isn't meant to be a wish list. Just some general thoughts or ideas for whoever draws your name.) Im happy with whatever. You can check my elfster for specific ideas
  21. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock* open to it- corals
  22. Are there any additional questions you wish we had asked that we didn't? (Add those questions in under these and post your answers.) no.

Rubymoon286

View Badges
Reaction score
I'm in!

2. What is one thing you always need more of? Hanna Reagents
  3. What do you like to do on the weekends? Train dogs, paint, spin yarn and other fiber arts, work on my bonsai, cross stitch, rock hounding
  4. What are your other hobbies/interests? Dog training, K9 Search and Rescue, Fiber Arts, cross stitch, watercolor painting, bonsai, rock hounding
  5. How do you relax after a long day at work? Usually partake in one of my hobbies in front of the TV other than dog training, which I do all day.
  6. Is there a candy, cookie, or other treat do you remember you loved as a kid that you you haven't had in years and years? Blue tin dutch butter cookies - I never think to buy them, but mom always had a tin in the house.
  7. Do you collect anything? Wrestling cards, rocks and minerals, bonsai trees.
  8. What is your favorite color? Purple
  9. What size t-shirt/hoodie/socks do you wear? sm in universal sizes, medium in "women's" sizes
  10. What is one TV show or movie you can watch over and over again? Stargate SG-1
  11. What type of music do you listen to? a little bit of everything
  12. Do you follow any sports teams? Less teams, and more preferring AEW wrestling to WWE slightly, but I do follow both
  13. What's your favorite fish? Red Scooter Dragonette
  14. Favorite coral? Goniopora
  15. Favorite invert? Clams
  16. Tell us about your tank(s)! What size are they? What do you keep in them? Do you have a build thread? I do have a build thread! My home reef is 100g display and a peninsula. It's a mixed reef with a variety of fish. My office tank is a 20g IM drop off that's currently just softies and lps and a bonded pair of red scooter dragonettes. I don't have a build thread for that one, and don't often remember to take photos of it. My other home tank is a freshwater blackwater tank with two types of micro rasboras, brazos dwarf crawfish, a mated pair of clown killifish, and bunch of cardinia shrimp. There's a couple of nerites and two oto-cats as well.
  17. Do you have any planned upgrades or hopeful future tweaks to your tank(s)? Next plan is to add a bit of heavier sand in my "bald spots" and was considering doing tbs live sand for it, or another sand of equal grain. Beyond that I want to build a shelf over my sump for more storage, and I've been trying to work out a way to make mixing salt water a bit easier on me, but that's still in the brainstorming phase. I have neurological issues, and sifting the salt has been a bit rough on my bad arm days.
  18. What's your favorite thing to watch in your tank? I love watching my wheeler goby who has two pistol shrimps in his burrow that seemingly bonded. We were sent a second when we had to replace the goby in case the first was dead (we hadn't seen it in a while) Now the three live in a little family. The two shrimp engineer the burrow- the larger usually picks up bigger chunks of crushed coral/sand, the smaller pushes the finer sand, and the goby is brave and ventures around one of my curves in the rock work picking at pods. The other odd pair in that tank is My fattest starry blenny and his emotional support Scopas Tang. The tang finds the "good" grazing spots and swims back to where the blenny is and seemingly shows the blenny where the food is.
  19. Are there any parts of the reef hobby you get really excited over? I get excited over watching everything grow, rather that's fish, coral, or clams, it's very rewarding.
  20. What are some good gift ideas for you? (This isn't meant to be a wish list. Just some general thoughts or ideas for whoever draws your name.) Art, supplies to do with any of my hobbies listed above, supplies for either freshwater or reef tank (will have what I tend to use on my elfster) coral or fish, gift cards to buy supplies, Food snacks
  21. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock* Yes, coral, fish, or inverts would be wonderful.
  22. Are there any additional questions you wish we had asked that we didn't? (Add those questions in under these and post your answers.)
  23. Food allergies and dislikes? I am allergic to jalapenos, and dislike peanut butter, so I ask that any food treats avoid both.

ScottJ

View Badges
Reaction score
  2. What is one thing you always need more of? CUC
  3. What do you like to do on the weekends? Work on the tanks, work in my shop, relax on the deck in the good weather.
  4. What are your other hobbies/interests? Woodworking, my dogs, reading
  5. How do you relax after a long day at work? I'm mostly retired, and I only work part time in the morning, so I avoid long days at work!
  6. Is there a candy, cookie, or other treat do you remember you loved as a kid that you you haven't had in years and years? Hostess Fruit Pies, Cadbury caramel filled chocolate bars(don't remember the name), Butter Tarts from Ontario CA.
  7. Do you collect anything? Not really, I have too much stuff as it is.
  8. What is your favorite color? Yellow
  9. What size t-shirt/hoodie/socks do you wear? I'm WAY to fussy about clothing! I don't even let my wife get me anything!
  10. What is one TV show or movie you can watch over and over again? I watch Polar Express every Christmas time.
  11. What type of music do you listen to? Smooth Jazz
  13. What's your favorite fish? Right now, Flasher Wrasses.
  14. Favorite coral? Zoas
  15. Favorite invert? Emerald Crab
  16. Tell us about your tank(s)! What size are they? What do you keep in them? Do you have a build thread? Evo 13.5 about 3 years old, a single Clown, a Tailspot Blenny, Zoas and Mushrooms. 55 Gallon, about 10 months old, mixed soft and LPS with a Yellow Watchman, a Carpenters Flasher Wrase, and a Firefish. A 20 gallon blackwater Rummynose tetra tank.
  17. Do you have any planned upgrades or hopeful future tweaks to your tank(s)? I just want to get more fish in the big tank, only have 3 in it now.
  18. What's your favorite thing to watch in your tank? The Goni and the Duncans moving around in the current
  19. Are there any parts of the reef hobby you get really excited over? I've had freshwater planted and blackwater for years. I love how bright and shimmery the reef tanks are.
  20. What are some good gift ideas for you? (This isn't meant to be a wish list. Just some general thoughts or ideas for whoever draws your name.) I know the rules said not to, but I would be thrilled with just a $25 card to Reef Cleaners! I love to try different coffees, jams of preserves, honey, that type of thing, that are local to your area. Like we have Country Sweet Chicken Wing Sauce here local to us.
  21. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock* No
  22. Are there any additional questions you wish we had asked that we didn't? (Add those questions in under these and post your answers.) Nope

SaltyCabbage

View Badges
Reaction score
1.What country are you located in?
USA

2.What is one thing you always need more of?
Rodi water lol, though salt as well

3.What do you like to do on the weekends?
Sleep in and take care of the animals

4.What are your other hobbies/interests?
Botany, reptiles/amphibians, woodwinds

5.How do you relax after a long day at work?
Get some fast food and chill at my desk watching a show with the lady.

6.Is there a candy, cookie, or other treat do you remember you loved as a kid that you you haven't had in years and years?
My father would bring me lobster shaped lollipops from Maine when I was a kid, haven’t been able to find them in over a decade.

7.Do you collect anything?
Vintage lava lites, Dcuk ducks

8.What is your favorite color?
Light blues and dark greens

9.What size t-shirt/hoodie/socks do you wear?
Medium/large and 12-14?

10.What is one TV show or movie you can watch over and over again?
South Park and all the Godzilla movies

11.What type of music do you listen to?
Jazz and classical

12.Do you follow any sports teams?
Nope

13.What's your favorite fish?
A clown trigger is my dream but I love my pajama cardinal

14.Favorite coral?
Softies and goniopora

15.Favorite invert?
Mantis shrimp

16.Tell us about your tank(s)! What size are they?
5g mantis, 13g fluval softie, 40g algae filled mess

17.What do you keep in them? Do you have a build thread?
My 5g mantis tank has a build thread, I keep a royal gramma and tiger goby with it.

13g softie and nem tank has an azure damsel, reg clown, pajama cardinal, lawnmower blenny, ywg and it’s pistol buddy.

40b has a tiny two spot tang and way too much algae.

18.Do you have any planned upgrades or hopeful future tweaks to your tank(s)?
Yes! I need a few Kessil lights and a skimmer but All the fish will be moved into a new reefer 350 once I get everything setup!

19.What's your favorite thing to watch in your tank?
Watching coral sway in the flow

20.Are there any parts of the reef hobby you get really excited over?
Conventions/shows and the science behind everything. I love reading research papers!

21.What are some good gift ideas for you? (This isn't meant to be a wish list. Just some general thoughts or ideas for whoever draws your name.)
Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in?
Used equipment lol, really though I’m not picky! Frag racks, food samples, and frag plugs are a good idea!
I love the suspense and surprise as much as the gift!
Am very interested in livestock. Can’t keep sps alive but everything else is welcome!

22.Are there any additional questions you wish we had asked that we didn't? (Add those questions in under these and post your answers.)

Please no lava lamps, I have way too many and the new lamps don’t preform like the old ones.

Last edited:

HiBRiD109

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
  1. What country are you located in?
    USA
  2. What is one thing you always need more of?
    Time, Tools
  3. What do you like to do on the weekends?
    Work on projects, spend time with family/kids
  4. What are your other hobbies/interests?
    DIY, Riding Motorcycle, Looking at getting into 3d Printing.
  5. How do you relax after a long day at work?
    Relax in recliner, watch youtube, playing video games
  6. Is there a candy, cookie, or other treat do you remember you loved as a kid that you you haven't had in years and years?
    Not that I recall, I do enjoy candy
  7. Do you collect anything?
    Ryobi Tools
  8. What is your favorite color?
    Black, Ryobi Green
  9. What size t-shirt/hoodie/socks do you wear?
    XL
  10. What is one TV show or movie you can watch over and over again?
    Star Wars, Band of Brothers
  11. What type of music do you listen to?
    2000s Alternative, Rock, Punk, Metal, Rap, some country
  12. Do you follow any sports teams?
    Iowa Hawkeyes
  13. What's your favorite fish?
    Clownfish
  14. Favorite coral?
    Hammers, Torch, Toadstool Leather
  15. Favorite invert?
    Cleaner Shrimp
  16. Tell us about your tank(s)! What size are they? What do you keep in them? Do you have a build thread?
    24 gallon AIO Reef that has been neglected since we moved a few months ago, I had to move it all and Cyno took over and killed most of my coral. All is left if Toadstool, Palys, and a Duncan. The 2 clownfish are still happy as can be. I need to clean it out and just restart.
    13 gallon Fluval AIO that I converted to a planted freshwater tank with CPD, cherry shrimp, and snails.
  17. Do you have any planned upgrades or hopeful future tweaks to your tank(s)?
    Restart my 24g.
  18. What's your favorite thing to watch in your tank?
    Clownfish laying and nudging in the toadstool
  19. Are there any parts of the reef hobby you get really excited over?
    The builds and tech
  20. What are some good gift ideas for you? (This isn't meant to be a wish list. Just some general thoughts or ideas for whoever draws your name.)
    Ryobi Tools (even the usb lithium line for hobby work), Star Wars stuff, Star Wars Legos (My kids love it and I like building kits with them), 3D printing gear/stuff, Tech stuff like Arduino/Raspberry Pi, Coffee, Black Tea (leaves, not prebagged grocery store stuff)
  21. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock*
    Probably not due to the fact its freezing in Iowa and I need to restart my tank.

Last edited:

nezw0001

View Badges
Reaction score
My favorite event of the year. Its so fun to learn about reefers from all over the world.
  2. What is one thing you always need more of? Fish food - pellets, flake, freeze dried, reef jerky, etc
  3. What do you like to do on the weekends? Hunting
  4. What are your other hobbies/interests? General Aviation, 3D printing, artsy things - quilting, cross stitch, painting, clay, etc
  5. How do you relax after a long day at work? Beer
  6. Is there a candy, cookie, or other treat do you remember you loved as a kid that you you haven't had in years and years? Spritz cookies, ribbon candy, marzipan
  7. Do you collect anything? falconry gear, old hunting gear, taxidermy
  9. What size t-shirt/hoodie/socks do you wear? XL shirt or hoodie, Medium socks
  10. What is one TV show or movie you can watch over and over again? Lord of the Rings
  11. What type of music do you listen to? Punk, metal, americana
  12. Do you follow any sports teams? not really
  13. What's your favorite fish? Any of the big angelfish - clarion, conspic, interuptus
  14. Favorite coral? gonis
  15. Favorite invert? shrimp
  16. Tell us about your tank(s)! What size are they? What do you keep in them? Do you have a build thread? See my build thread badge
  17. Do you have any planned upgrades or hopeful future tweaks to your tank(s)? Hopefully done for a while
  18. What's your favorite thing to watch in your tank? The fish
  19. Are there any parts of the reef hobby you get really excited over? New technology
  20. What are some good gift ideas for you? (This isn't meant to be a wish list. Just some general thoughts or ideas for whoever draws your name.) Instead of reef stuff I would really like something that is unique to your home. Snacks, a sports team or local band shirt or hat, calendar, anything handmade from your area, earrings, etc. My favorite thing is looking up where my santa is from and day dreaming about what it is like there.
  21. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock* No

Steven91

View Badges
Reaction score
  1. What country are you located in?  USA
  2. What is one thing you always need more of? Instant Ocean Salt and Mysis shrimp/pellets
  3. What do you like to do on the weekends?  pc game, go to dave and busters
  4. What are your other hobbies/interests? pc gaming, bowling, shooting, traveling
  5. How do you relax after a long day at work? playing some games and admiring my fish tank
  6. Is there a candy, cookie, or other treat do you remember you loved as a kid that you you haven't had in years and years? shock tarts
  7. Do you collect anything? miniature nutcrackers, Lionel trains
  9. What size t-shirt/hoodie/socks do you wear? Shirts and Hoodies XL (assuming my gf doesnt steal them)
  10. What is one TV show or movie you can watch over and over again? Top Gun or any James Bonds
  11. What type of music do you listen to? Country, classic rock
  12. Do you follow any sports teams? Steelers
  13. What's your favorite fish?  Yellow Cubicus (have one its name is Cheddar)
  14. Favorite coral?  torchs
  15. Favorite invert? Cleaner or Fire Shrimp, really hard to pick between them
  16. Tell us about your tank(s)! What size are they? What do you keep in them? Do you have a build thread? Red Sea 525XL, currently in the tank is 3 cleaner shrimp, yellow cubicus, blue eye kole tang, pair of clowns, and a pair of Bimaculatus Anthias and Yes i should
  17. Do you have any planned upgrades or hopeful future tweaks to your tank(s)? 1 Ai 32 (probably end up being 3 total to replace my current 26s), and either 3 more nero 3/5s or MP40s
  18. What's your favorite thing to watch in your tank? Cheddar (yellow cubicus), love watching it move
  19. Are there any parts of the reef hobby you get really excited over? inverts, watching coral grow, and bring other people into the hobby
  20. What are some good gift ideas for you? (This isn't meant to be a wish list. Just some general thoughts or ideas for whoever draws your name.) could really use a good algae scraper
  21. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock* yes, clean up crew, tangs, really almost anything (though would only be able to receive livestock on tues and weds)
  22. Are there any additional questions you wish we had asked that we didn't? (Add those questions in under these and post your answers.) no

Fish Fan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
  1. What country are you located in: US - NY
  2. What is one thing you always need more of: Hot sauce!
  3. What do you like to do on the weekends: Skiing, hiking, camping, fishing, going to concerts
  4. What are your other hobbies/interests: Cooking, woodworking, gardening, guitar/music, outdoors activities like hiking, fishing, camping, etc.
  5. How do you relax after a long day at work: Time with my wife :)
  6. Is there a candy, cookie, or other treat do you remember you loved as a kid that you you haven't had in years and years: No
  7. D0 you collect anything?: Everything and everything, I may be a hoarder, lol!
  8. What is your favorite color: Blue, second color would be Blue ;-)
  9. What size t-shirt/hoodie/socks do you wear: Medium to large
  10. What is one TV show or movie you can watch over and over again: Everyone Loves Raymond, The Office, Frasier, Star Trek TOS
  11. What type of music do you listen to: Billy Strings, whoooo!!! Also, older rock/blues/jazz, jam bands like the Allman Brothers and the Grateful Dead, Beatles, etc.
  12. Do you follow any sports teams: Only the UFC MMA fights. Sorry!
  13. What's your favorite fish: Saltwater: Copper Banded Butterfly
  14. Favorite coral: Anything Euphyllia
  15. Favorite invert: My Florida Mantis!
  16. Tell us about your tank(s)! What size are they? What do you keep in them? Do you have a build thread:No build thread. Two brand new tanks, one 10 gallon Florida Mantis tank, and one 15 gallon that I hope to grow to a 40 gallon, and then a 60-80 gallon display tank. Both started with TBS live rock and sand.
  17. Do you have any planned upgrades or hopeful future tweaks to your tank(s): I want to take my current 15 gallon to a 40 gallon IM I already own, and then to maybe my dream size of 60-80 gallon. That's as large as I can go :)
  18. What's your favorite thing to watch in your tank?
    1. Inverts like crabs, shrimp, snails, etc.​
  19. Are there any parts of the reef hobby you get really excited over?
    1. Inverts like crabs, shrimp, snails, etc. LOL! but for real, I have new tanks and while I aspire to beautiful corals and fish, my wife and I really miss the little critters; so fun!​
  20. What are some good gift ideas for you? (This isn't meant to be a wish list. Just some general thoughts or ideas for whoever draws your name.)
    1. I am so easy going. Whatever my Secret Santa sends me would be much appreciated :) Thank you in advance!​
  21. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock*
    1. Yes! But, my tanks are just getting going, and I would only appreciate very hardy animals.​
    1. Nope!​
Thank you very much!

Dan Palmer

Reefing Lumberjack
View Badges
Reaction score
What country are you located in?
USA

What is one thing you always need more of?
Copapods or live sponges

What do you like to do on the weekends?
Spend time with my 5y old, lately doing things for his cub scouts

What are your other hobbies/interests?
Furniture carpentry and slab milling, wooden ship models

How do you relax after a long day at work?
Head to my workshop or work on model ships

Is there a candy, cookie, or other treat do you remember you loved as a kid that you you haven't had in years and years?
Cowtails

Do you collect anything?
Ironman paraphernalia, Stephen King novels, boat/ship decor

What is your favorite color?
Orange

What size t-shirt/hoodie/socks do you wear?
Medium/Large t-shirts, Large Hoodies, 10.5-11 (wide) shoes

What is one TV show or movie you can watch over and over again?
Breaking Bad, most things with Adam Sandler, Matrix series, Riddick Series

What type of music do you listen to?
Depends on the activity...
mindless activities -> house/goa/d&b
driving/exercising/cooking -> heavy metal (most recently bloodywood, disturbed, ffdp)
carpentry/milling -> ludacris, eminem, ying yang twins

Do you follow any sports teams?
Orioles but haven't watched in years

What's your favorite fish?
Snowflake Eels

Favorite coral?
None yet, most are captivating

Favorite invert?
Shrimps

Tell us about your tank(s)! What size are they? What do you keep in them? Do you have a build thread?
29g long with a 10g diy sump, 10g QT build thread

Do you have any planned upgrades or hopeful future tweaks to your tank(s)?
Just recently added the overflow & sump (for a cryptid refugium) so letting things settle. Eventually getting an ATO and algae scrubber

What's your favorite thing to watch in your tank?
My clownies being clowns & tiger pistol excavating

Are there any parts of the reef hobby you get really excited over?
The amazing amount of color and variety available

What are some good gift ideas for you? (This isn't meant to be a wish list. Just some general thoughts or ideas for whoever draws your name.)
Just about anything dealing with ships (HMS Bounty is my favorite ship). I'm a big scotch drinker so do with that what you will. Ironman is my favorite superhero. I live on coffee (4 mugs a day minimum). Some fun gifts for carpenters/woodworkers (Gnome Masterworks is my woodworking side business if anything for the shop gets customized).

Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock*
Basic/beginner fish, LPS, Softies, hammers, or zoas

Last edited:

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 26 14.8%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 86 48.9%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 54 30.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.8%
Back