*** R2R Secret Santa 2023 is HERE!! Get registered!! ***

Did you know R2R has a Secret Santa gift exchange every year?

• Yep! I'm in!

Votes: 86 35.1%
  • No, I didn't know that!

Votes: 99 40.4%
  • What's a Secret Santa?

Votes: 13 5.3%
  • Bah! Humbug!

Votes: 47 19.2%

• Total voters

707Nick

View Badges
Reaction score
Ps, I don't know why my username didn't show up on Elfster. I entered "jojosreef" right after my first name. Did the quotation marks negate it?
All good wasn’t to hard to find each other. Can you please DM me your top 3 reef related gift ideas

JoJosReef

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Ps, I don't know why my username didn't show up on Elfster. I entered "jojosreef" right after my first name. Did the quotation marks negate it?
I just edited it. Sorry, must have done something wrong on signup.

JoJosReef

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
PM Santa... Now Jojo knows you got him.
Yes, yes I do!!
Fire Plotting GIF by Studio Redfrog

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
And to whomever may get my name, anything will do. You don't have to buy anything really. I am here to give, not take.
Lol! Almost everyone said something like that when they filled out the questionnaire... Totally unhelpful! Y'all are all gonna get socks and underwear!

Reefer Matt

Reef Cave Dweller
View Badges
Reaction score
Lol! Almost everyone said something like that when they filled out the questionnaire... Totally unhelpful! Y'all are all gonna get socks and underwear!
Hey if it has fish or coral on it, then I would absolutely love it! :grinning-squinting-face:

JoJosReef

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score

penguinexdeus

Poor Decision Maker
View Badges
Reaction score
added my screenname to profile a second time... mysteriously disappeared sometime today lol....

Cichlid Dad

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
And to whomever may get my name, anything will do. You don't have to buy anything really. I am here to give, not take.
Come on Matt, tell us what you really want!

Coffee Soundboard

View Badges
Reaction score
Secret Santa Questionnaire:
  1. What country are you located in? US
  2. What is one thing you always need more of? Nopox
  3. What do you like to do on the weekends? Play video games, aquarium stuff, hang out with friends.
  4. What are your other hobbies/interests? Sports, movies and music.
  5. How do you relax after a long day at work? Watch sports and movies or play video games.
  6. Is there a candy, cookie, or other treat do you remember you loved as a kid that you you haven't had in years and years? Reese’s Cups?
  7. Do you collect anything? Coral? Lol
  8. What is your favorite color? Blue
  9. What size t-shirt/hoodie/socks do you wear? Large
  10. What is one TV show or movie you can watch over and over again? Seinfeld
  11. What type of music do you listen to? Rock. All kinds.
  12. Do you follow any sports teams? Michigan Wolverines and the Detroit Lions.
  13. What's your favorite fish? Leopard Wrasses.
  14. Favorite coral? Acanthophyllia.
  15. Favorite invert? Hermit crabs.
  16. Tell us about your tank(s)! What size are they? What do you keep in them? Do you have a build thread? 180 reef. 40b mantis. No build threads.
  17. Do you have any planned upgrades or hopeful future tweaks to your tank(s)? Possibly additional lighting.
  18. What's your favorite thing to watch in your tank? The fish.
  19. Are there any parts of the reef hobby you get really excited over? Seeing my Choati Leopard still alive.
  20. What are some good gift ideas for you? (This isn't meant to be a wish list. Just some general thoughts or ideas for whoever draws your name.) I’m easy.
  21. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock* No.
  22. Are there any additional questions you wish we had asked that we didn't? (Add those questions in under these and post your answers.) Nope.

Narideth

Fishaholic
View Badges
Reaction score
I got my matchup, woo! I have to say, both the questions here and the gift list have been helpful in building a little gift set.

12humuhumu21

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
  1. What country are you located in? USA
  2. What is one thing you always need more of? Reef diapers
  3. What do you like to do on the weekends? I like to sew, quilt, camp and garden in the summer.
  4. What are your other hobbies/interests? I like to read, watch tv, go for rides in the car.
  5. How do you relax after a long day at work? N/A
  6. Is there a candy, cookie, or other treat do you remember you loved as a kid that you you haven't had in years and years? I have had it but Idaho Spuds remind me of my mom and I love them lol.
  7. Do you collect anything? Salt and pepper shakers.
  8. What is your favorite color? Navy blue or Forest green
  9. What size t-shirt/hoodie/socks do you wear? T-shirt/hoodie 2x. Socks- my shoe size is a 9 1/2
  10. What is one TV show or movie you can watch over and over again? Friends
  11. What type of music do you listen to? Country mostly but I actually listen to a variety as long as they don’t scream.
  12. Do you follow any sports teams? No
  13. What's your favorite fish? probably clown
  14. Favorite coral? Zoa’s
  15. Favorite invert? Snails
  16. Tell us about your tank(s)! What size are they? What do you keep in them? Do you have a build thread? teeny tiny beginnings is my build thread. That is for my tank which I believe is 60 gallons. We have 3 other tanks in our house We have a 20 gallon and a 120 gallon.
  17. Do you have any planned upgrades or hopeful future tweaks to your tank(s)? We are in the process of taking everything out of the 220 so we can replace the rocks and redo the landscaping.
  18. What's your favorite thing to watch in your tank? The fish. I love the corals but not as much as the fish.
  19. Are there any parts of the reef hobby you get really excited over? Zoa’s. Any thing about them. My favorite gift I have ever received was a hand painted picture from my secret santas wife last year of zoa’s.
  20. What are some good gift ideas for you? (This isn't meant to be a wish list. Just some general thoughts or ideas for whoever draws your name.) I like anything. Plugs for coral. Coral scissors. Test kits, syringes, test tubes, razors for cleaning the glass. Candy is fine. Socks. I’m just putting a bunch of stuff to give you ideas.
  21. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock* I’m easy so live stock is fine. I would like Zoa’s if you do.
  22. Are there any additional questions you wish we had asked that we didn't? (Add those questions in under these and post your answers.) No.

Luke Schnabel

I like corals...
View Badges
Reaction score
  2. What is one thing you always need more of? Time, and red sea test kit replacements.
  3. What do you like to do on the weekends? Spend time with the family, watch football, play pickleball.
  4. What are your other hobbies/interests? Pickleball and lawncare/gardening
  5. How do you relax after a long day at work? Three kids under 5 years, relaxing isn't an option.
  6. Is there a candy, cookie, or other treat do you remember you loved as a kid that you you haven't had in years and years? Home-made eggnog.
  7. Do you collect anything? Corals
  8. What is your favorite color? Blue
  9. What size t-shirt/hoodie/socks do you wear? XL and size 10 shoe.
  10. What is one TV show or movie you can watch over and over again? Yellowstone and Breaking Bad
  11. What type of music do you listen to? Rock and Roll / Oldies
  12. Do you follow any sports teams? THE Ohio State Buckeyes, Cleveland Browns
  13. What's your favorite fish? Any fish that works, Tangs and Wrasses
  14. Favorite coral? Goniopora
  15. Favorite invert? Trochus Snail
  16. Tell us about your tank(s)! What size are they? What do you keep in them? Do you have a build thread? I only have three 4'x2' frag tanks, I never set up a display after I moved. I keep every variety of coral.
  17. Do you have any planned upgrades or hopeful future tweaks to your tank(s)? Probably upgraded frag tank to a larger tank.
  18. What's your favorite thing to watch in your tank? Goniopora
  19. Are there any parts of the reef hobby you get really excited over? I love going to local frag swaps and setting up my booth. Engaging with all the locals and talking shop is the best.
  20. What are some good gift ideas for you? (This isn't meant to be a wish list. Just some general thoughts or ideas for whoever draws your name.) I generally have all the things I need for my tank but I ALWAYS use Red Sea Cal/ Mg Test Kits, Hannah dKh Test reagents and Sailfert NO3. BRS RODI filters. Things that will always be used.
  21. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock* I LOVE Goniopora or High End Blastomussa
  22. Are there any additional questions you wish we had asked that we didn't? (Add those questions in under these and post your answers.) For those interested in LiveStock, What types of livestock? And Would you rather recieve Livestock or Drygoods and or would you rather give livestock or drygoods?

CmMagenta

View Badges
Reaction score
  2. What is one thing you always need more of? Time
  3. What do you like to do on the weekends? Play with my kids
  4. What are your other hobbies/interests? Cooking
  5. How do you relax after a long day at work? Take care of house and family
  6. Is there a candy, cookie, or other treat do you remember you loved as a kid that you you haven't had in years and years? Candy corn
  7. Do you collect anything? Zoanthids
  8. What is your favorite color? Green, purple , gray
  9. What size t-shirt/hoodie/socks do you wear? Small
  10. What is one TV show or movie you can watch over and over again? Moonstruck
  11. What type of music do you listen to? Rock
  12. Do you follow any sports teams? No
  13. What's your favorite fish? Octopus, Mandarin Goby, clown wrasse, sailfin tang, Jawfish, jellyfish
  14. Favorite coral? Xenia
  15. Favorite invert? Feather worm
  16. Tell us about your tank(s)! What size are they? What do you keep in them? Do you have a build thread? Yes, building an 800 gallon. 300 gallon and a dozen frag tanks.
  17. Do you have any planned upgrades or hopeful future tweaks to your tank(s)? Yes, every day.
  18. What's your favorite thing to watch in your tank? Jawfish
  19. Are there any parts of the reef hobby you get really excited over? Finding something I've not seen before. When a sick/damaged coral recovers and grows.
  20. What are some good gift ideas for you? (This isn't meant to be a wish list. Just some general thoughts or ideas for whoever draws your name.) Something thoughtful.
  21. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock* maybe, if it's something they grew themselves
  22. Are there any additional questions you wish we had asked that we didn't? (Add those questions in under these and post your answers.) My mothers maiden name, full social, favorite pets name. Just kidding.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 12.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 7.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 91 58.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.0%
Back