*** R2R Secret Santa 2023 is HERE!! Get registered!! ***

Did you know R2R has a Secret Santa gift exchange every year?

• Yep! I'm in!

Votes: 86 35.1%
  • No, I didn't know that!

Votes: 99 40.4%
  • What's a Secret Santa?

Votes: 13 5.3%
  • Bah! Humbug!

Votes: 47 19.2%

• Total voters

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Secret Santa Questionnaire:
  1. What country are you located in? United States
  2. What is one thing you always need more of? Time and Additives
  3. What do you like to do on the weekends? Travel and cook
  4. What are your other hobbies/interests? Travel, dining, boating
  5. How do you relax after a long day at work? TV and web surfing
  6. Is there a candy, cookie, or other treat do you remember you loved as a kid that you you haven't had in years and years? Peanut butter chews, ice cream
  7. Do you collect anything? Rare coins and rare wine
  8. What is your favorite color? Grey and blue
  9. What size t-shirt/hoodie/socks do you wear? XL/XL
  10. What is one TV show or movie you can watch over and over again? Star Wars
  11. What type of music do you listen to? Reggae but also all other genre
  12. Do you follow any sports teams? Bucks, Packers and eagles
  13. What's your favorite fish? Naso Tang and Harlequin Tusk
  14. Favorite coral? Zoas and Green slimer
  15. Favorite invert? Urchin and astrea snail
  16. Tell us about your tank(s)! What size are they? What do you keep in them? Do you have a build thread? Yes and current is 400g
  17. Do you have any planned upgrades or hopeful future tweaks to your tank(s)? Yes and in time
  18. What's your favorite thing to watch in your tank? Fish
  19. Are there any parts of the reef hobby you get really excited over? Bargains
  20. What are some good gift ideas for you? (This isn't meant to be a wish list. Just some general thoughts or ideas for whoever draws your name.) Pohls Extra Strong, Pohls coral Booster, Tropic Marin B elements
  21. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock* Maybe if it arrives timely
  22. Are there any additional questions you wish we had asked that we didn't? (Add those questions in under these and post your answers.) - Favorite snacks- Favorite coffee- Items we hope not to receive

707Nick

View Badges
Reaction score
Ho! Ho! Ho!! It's our 2023 Secret Santa for Reef2Reef!!

This is going to be a great time to spread Christmas joy!!

To those who have been part of our Secret Santa before, you know the drill...but read through this anyhow... :)

Here is how it will work:
  • Requirements to participate:
    • At least 18 years of age
    • At least 14 days as a member of R2R
    • At least 10 posts on R2R
  • Gift requirement: AT LEAST $25 value and a splash of Christmas joy! (Suggested gift range is $25-$50. More on this below.)
  • As you sign up, you'll get a link to the gift exchange on Elfster (it's the Secret Santa exchange website/app that we use to organize the gift exchange) where you'll need to register so that we can easily match you with your Secret Santa.*
  • The first matchup will take place when we have 50 people registered. After this, matches will happen every few days (at least 25 people per match) through December 11th.
  • Buy or make gifts and ship them by December 18, 2023.
  • Delivery tracking is mandatory and will need to be sent to @Santa Claus and/or updated in Elfster.
  • International Participation: Our Secret Santa will have a groups for those outside the US (US participants who would like to participate with international participants are also welcome to do so). While we wish that we had enough international participation to allow all participants to only send to members within their own country, that simply isn't feasible, so please be aware of the possibility that you may need to ship internationally to participate outside the US (but I will do my best to match participants to others within their country).
Here are a few guidelines for this year:
  1. Please, PLEASE, be sure your R2R username is entered on your Elfster profile (include it maybe after your First Name so it appears like a "middle name." This really does help your Secret Santa to find you on Reef2Reef and get better gift giving ideas.
  2. This is an event that is meant to spread Christmas joy, so we're asking all participants to try to make this special for whoever you receive. While we realize that this may look different for everyone, we're asking participants to avoid sending $25 e-gift cards as your only gift. Suggested gift range is $25-$50. You may give more, but be aware that you may not receive more than this amount.
  3. All participants MUST make a post or send a message acknowledging their gift and thanking whoever their Secret Santa is. Most of you do this anyway, but just to be clear, this a requirement for participating. We'll start a Thank You thread specifically for this and link it here.
  4. Feel free to make a wishlist on Elfster if you would like. This is not required (if you fill out the questions listed here, you should be giving some good ideas to your Secret Santa anyhow), but we know some of you like this feature a lot. So feel free to make a wishlist, but please remember that the suggested gift amount is $25-$50 (so be sure to have some good gift ideas available to your Secret Santa in that range).
  5. Your gift MUST be sent by December 18th. Now, we realize things can happen, and we're always willing to work with participants. However, if your gift has not been shipped and confirmation/tracking info sent to Santa by the deadline, you may be banned from participating in future Secret Santa exchanges on Reef2Reef.
  6. Failure to abide by these guidelines may result in not being allowed future participation in Secret Santa gift exchanges. (We're really not expecting to remove anyone, but we do reserve the right to do so if a participant does not engage in the spirit of this gift exchange.)
All R2R Secret Santa participants will receive a special Secret Santa banner under their username.

To sign up, you will need to do these 2 things (PLEASE DO BOTH):
  1. PM @Santa Claus with your contact information (name, email, and country you're located in so that we can PM you the link to sign up on Elfster and join the gift exchange).
  2. Post in this thread with your answers to the questionnaire (see below) IN THIS THREAD (this is our official registration thread).
  1. What country are you located in?
  2. What is one thing you always need more of?
  3. What do you like to do on the weekends?
  4. What are your other hobbies/interests?
  5. How do you relax after a long day at work?
  6. Is there a candy, cookie, or other treat do you remember you loved as a kid that you you haven't had in years and years?
  7. Do you collect anything?
  8. What is your favorite color?
  9. What size t-shirt/hoodie/socks do you wear?
  10. What is one TV show or movie you can watch over and over again?
  11. What type of music do you listen to?
  12. Do you follow any sports teams?
  13. What's your favorite fish?
  14. Favorite coral?
  15. Favorite invert?
  16. Tell us about your tank(s)! What size are they? What do you keep in them? Do you have a build thread?
  17. Do you have any planned upgrades or hopeful future tweaks to your tank(s)?
  18. What's your favorite thing to watch in your tank?
  19. Are there any parts of the reef hobby you get really excited over?
  20. What are some good gift ideas for you? (This isn't meant to be a wish list. Just some general thoughts or ideas for whoever draws your name.)
  21. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock*
  22. Are there any additional questions you wish we had asked that we didn't? (Add those questions in under these and post your answers.)
At this time, we are unable to guarantee matching users based on a preference for shipping coral. If shipping coral we ask that you notify @Santa Claus via PM when you would like 2 ship so we can notify recipient and make sure they will be able to receive it. If recipient can't be there we will ask them for 2 other days and work out with sender. (We don't mind playing the go between here to keep it more a secret.)

Also, notice that we have a special Secret Santa forum going on! Feel free to start other threads in here to talk about everything Secret Santa related, holiday related, or just anything you want to talk with all of us other SS peeps!

#R2RSecretSanta
  1. What country are you located in? I’m located in the USA
  2. What is one thing you always need more of? Time
  3. What do you like to do on the weekends? I usually work weekends and Sunday I do a water change.
  4. What are your other hobbies/interests?
  5. 49ers football, gardening and spending time with my wife.
  6. How do you relax after a long day at work? Make a healthy meal to enjoy with the lady and daze off into my tank
  7. Is there a candy, cookie, or other treat do you remember you loved as a kid that you you haven't had in years and years? Love met some sees candy
  8. Do you collect anything? Other than coral I like to collect Jordan’s and nice beads to make into brackets
  9. What is your favorite color?
  10. Blue
  11. What size t-shirt/hoodie/socks do you wear? I’m a medium with a size 9 shoe
  12. What is one TV show or movie you can watch over and over again?I can’t watch the same show multiple times I get bored
  13. What type of music do you listen to? House music and hip hop
  14. Do you follow any sports teams?
  15. 49ers, SF Giants, Golden state warriors
  16. What's your favorite fish?
  17. Radiata Lion
  18. Favorite coral?
  19. Euphillia
  20. Favorite invert?
  21. Shrimp
  22. Tell us about your tank(s)! What size are they? What do you keep in them? Do you have a build thread?
  23. We have a 120g cube display with very little Realestate mostly torches, frogs, hammers and honors. We also have a 30g frag tank and building a 210g RS G2+1000 that we have started a build thread for.
  24. Do you have any planned upgrades or hopeful future tweaks to your tank(s)? Yes I hope to acquire a 3x6’ glass frag tank.
  25. What's your favorite thing to watch in your tank? The harmony
  26. Are there any parts of the reef hobby you get really excited over? Learning how to farm
  27. What are some good gift ideas for you? (This isn't meant to be a wish list. Just some general thoughts or ideas for whoever draws your name.) coral. Reef related art, tickets to MACNA 24,
  28. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock*yes high end mushrooms or unique Euphillia.
  29. Are there any additional questions you wish we had asked that we didn't? (Add those questions in under these and post your answers.)

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
No match yet either; really hope to get started soon :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes: wonder if there's any other UK reefers in? :p May be an easy guess..

BigJimmysReef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
  1. What country are you located in? USA
  2. What is one thing you always need more of? Coral
  3. What do you like to do on the weekends? Spend Time with Family
  4. What are your other hobbies/interests? Photography
  5. How do you relax after a long day at work? Watch fish tank and TV
  6. Is there a candy, cookie, or other treat do you remember you loved as a kid that you you haven't had in years and years? I love all the holiday treats
  7. Do you collect anything? Lots of stuff, though I am a huge Green Bay Packers fan
  8. What is your favorite color? Green and Gold
  9. What size t-shirt/hoodie/socks do you wear? 6XL Tall
  10. What is one TV show or movie you can watch over and over again? Shawshank Redemption
  11. What type of music do you listen to? Various
  12. Do you follow any sports teams? Green Bay Packers
  13. What's your favorite fish? I have always like the scooter blenny or Mandarin Fish
  14. Favorite coral? I love zoa and Euphyllia
  15. Favorite invert? Boxer Shrimp but pretty much any active invert
  16. Tell us about your tank(s)! What size are they? What do you keep in them? Do you have a build thread? I have two 29 gallons one I will be starting a build thread. I also have a 120 gallon I want to do a build thread on as well.
  17. Do you have any planned upgrades or hopeful future tweaks to your tank(s)? Several starting a office tank in my old 29 gallon biocube its gonna need alot of upgrades and building a 120 gallon thats gonna need a lot of upgrades.
  18. What's your favorite thing to watch in your tank? Inverts, my tuxedo urchin seems to always capture my attention lately.
  19. Are there any parts of the reef hobby you get really excited over? The Build process
  20. What are some good gift ideas for you? (This isn't meant to be a wish list. Just some general thoughts or ideas for whoever draws your name.) ATO, heaters, 29 gallon Biocube upgrades like filter baskets and refugiums, pumps all kinds of stuff.
  21. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock* Definity, inverts might be best since
  22. Are there any additional questions you wish we had asked that we didn't? (Add those questions in under these and post your answers.) Nothing to add

SlasherZ

I dunno, and at this point I'm too afraid to ask
View Badges
Reaction score
If you haven't put your username up on your elfster profile, you maybe should. Would make it a lot easier for whoever gets you, if you haven't got a wish list on elfster yet.

Just go to edit your elfster profile and put your username on R2R after your first name.

Mr Bean Waiting GIF by MOODMAN

JZ199

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I can't wait to get out of work so I can see who I got paired up with and check out their answers and list! I slowly started getting this wish list thing figured out lol

SlasherZ

I dunno, and at this point I'm too afraid to ask
View Badges
Reaction score
I'm waiting for my person to add their username to their elfster so I can read their list.

Moone Boy Waiting GIF by HULU

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Start adding to your wish list yall. My recipient has nothing listed! Santa cant give to those without wants!
That means you can get them socks and underwear! (At least that was the rule in my house growing up ;) )

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 85 48.6%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 54 30.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.9%
Back