MS office problem

GratefulReef

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 30, 2012
Messages
422
Reaction score
6
Location
syracuse,ny
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, I need to view some .doc files for a class, and when I try to open them it gives me an error microsoft office client virtualization handler has stopped working. I contacted MS but they couldnt fix the problem. Anyone have a clue? I really need to read these files for the class lol:angel:
 
Were they created on a new version and opened with an older one? I had that problem a while ago and ended up upgrading to the newest MS Office.
 
I tried the update, no luck. Also tried notepad and it came up all crazy looks like "@@@@@@#$$$$$%%%%%%%%%%%%environmental%%^%^^^^^^^^^&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&Hydrofracking##########$$$$$$$$$$$$" and so on. Guess I'll have to bite the bullet and upgrade office, which is just lame. Thatd be like websites not working if youre computer has a newer version of windows than it was created on. UGH! LOL thanks for the advice tho everyone, I will try the temp viewer until I can afford the upgrade.
 
Is this still active? If so what version of office do you have? From what was said above if its .doc and not .docx anything younger then 2010 should open .doc just fine. Do you have this same problem with any other word documents or only this one? If its only this one try downloading the file format converter from Microsoft for your version of outlook. It will allow it to read .docx etc.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 6.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 22 19.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 32.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new