MS office problem

GratefulReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, I need to view some .doc files for a class, and when I try to open them it gives me an error microsoft office client virtualization handler has stopped working. I contacted MS but they couldnt fix the problem. Anyone have a clue? I really need to read these files for the class lol:angel:

jonbar1

Growing Out
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Were they created on a new version and opened with an older one? I had that problem a while ago and ended up upgrading to the newest MS Office.

OP
OP
G

GratefulReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried the update, no luck. Also tried notepad and it came up all crazy looks like "@@@@@@#$$$$$%%%%%%%%%%%%environmental%%^%^^^^^^^^^&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&Hydrofracking##########$$$$$$$$$$$$" and so on. Guess I'll have to bite the bullet and upgrade office, which is just lame. Thatd be like websites not working if youre computer has a newer version of windows than it was created on. UGH! LOL thanks for the advice tho everyone, I will try the temp viewer until I can afford the upgrade.

MyNameIs

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is this still active? If so what version of office do you have? From what was said above if its .doc and not .docx anything younger then 2010 should open .doc just fine. Do you have this same problem with any other word documents or only this one? If its only this one try downloading the file format converter from Microsoft for your version of outlook. It will allow it to read .docx etc.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 30 78.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 7.9%
Back