Multibar Angel Success?

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have kept some before. Once they get eating, they are easy... but all fish are like this and not helpful, right? :) These will not likely survive or eat in a sterile/barren QT tank. They might need some live food or adult brine shrimp at first. These got easier when mysis became available. Fish eggs were accepted too - capelin roe is available now for picky eaters. The last pair that I had got started in a 75g fuge with a whole lot of live rock, macro, mysid shrimp and pods. They were fat, but not eating any offered foods until I put another fish in there to show them how to come up to the top and gobble up mysis and stuff.

Chain of custody will matter a lot, but it is very hard to know where fish come from anymore. I got my pair from a Hawaii Wholesaler, likely out of the Marshalls, and they were always kept at reef salinity and never treated with copper or anything. I don't know you would even know anymore, but I would avoid typical LA wholesaler with their 1.018 tanks and medications and stuff. Some will know how to handle these, so ask around. I would treat them like sensitive butterfly fish or wrasses which need special handling.

I do think that pairs help.

I got rid of them when I moved and regret it.

Montagne

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine did go right into my reef tank vs a substrate-less QT so maybe that is a factor for settling in.

@jda, any recommendations for where to start asking? I don’t suppose your Hawaii wholesaler is still running?

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not right now, which is why I don't have any idea how to help with chain of custody. It might be good to wait. Hawaii might be able to open again in Jan, but who knows... and I have not kept up on it.

Back