Multicolour Angelfish Colouration

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For those who have Multicolors (Even for a few months), what is your angel’s colouration?
I’ve been reading a bit on them and they seem to go Grey under heavy lighting but some also say theirs has stayed white… What is the rest of your tank like? (FTS would be great) and what are the inhabitants? And most importantly… What colour is your Centropyge multicolour?

This is my dream fish for a nano (40g-ish), and would love to know if there’s any common areas between people with White Multis and Grey Multis.
For example, does the amount of dark areas in the rockscape affect their colours.

michael_cb_125

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In my experience bright lighting will cause them to darken in coloration.
I had a trio for several years. They were tiny juveniles when I acquired them, and had very bright whites and blues. For the first year they were kept in a tube anemone display with no lighting. They grew in size to about 2.5 inches and maintained the bright coloration. I broke down the anemone tank and moved them to a halide lit reef. They still prospered, but there coloration darkened drastically. The blues went dark black and the whites turned to cream and then dirty yellow.

~Michael

OP
OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In my experience bright lighting will cause them to darken in coloration.
I had a trio for several years. They were tiny juveniles when I acquired them, and had very bright whites and blues. For the first year they were kept in a tube anemone display with no lighting. They grew in size to about 2.5 inches and maintained the bright coloration. I broke down the anemone tank and moved them to a halide lit reef. They still prospered, but there coloration darkened drastically. The blues went dark black and the whites turned to cream and then dirty yellow.

~Michael
Do you have any photos of them? Also what was the rock scape like in the tank?

michael_cb_125

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It was 10 years ago or better when I had my trio. I will look back to try and find photos.

There was very little rockwork in the system that they were started in, Mostly open sand bed and two large rock arches.
I believe that the lack of rockwork (territory) made it easier to keep a group of them. They were all females when I got them, and after 6 months there was a pecking order and I believe the dominant female changed to male.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 98 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%

Back