Multiple Flasher Wrasse Together?

fishski13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 120 gallon tank and I am looking to add some color with wrasses. I am looking to add a yellow coris wrasse which i know are compatible with flasher wrasses, however I am looking to add maybe two flasher wrasses. I see alot of info and charts on fairy wrasse compatibilty but havent seen much on flasher wrasse. Could I mix two different flasher wrasse species in the same tank? I was thinking of a McCoskers and a blue flasher wrasse.

And a side note, just want to make sure, any of the fairy wrasse could mix well with one of these flasher wrasse?

Baldguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes you can have multiple flashers. I've had up to five in my 120g. And yes they get along with fairy's.

762pmcs

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In the future, you can refer to this for compatibility between wrasse sub-species. Dude is the expert on wrasse keeping.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 120 gallon tank and I am looking to add some color with wrasses. I am looking to add a yellow coris wrasse which i know are compatible with flasher wrasses, however I am looking to add maybe two flasher wrasses. I see alot of info and charts on fairy wrasse compatibilty but havent seen much on flasher wrasse. Could I mix two different flasher wrasse species in the same tank? I was thinking of a McCoskers and a blue flasher wrasse.

And a side note, just want to make sure, any of the fairy wrasse could mix well with one of these flasher wrasse?
Make sure the two flasher species aren’t closely related for example a Mccoskeri and a Carpenteri. Try to go for two different species such as a Mccoskeri and Cyaneus or Lineopunctatus. These will be better in the long run and not risk fighting to the death.
You could also go for a Rubricaudalis and a Mccoskeri or a Flavianalis and a Rubricaudalis as they’re just different enough to not be seen as the same species exactly :)

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The trick (as has already been mentioned) is to diversify species. I'm planning to have only 1 of each kind of flasher (and fairy) in my DT. These guys don't usually fight if they are different species.

Back