Multiple hitchhikers needing ID

EchoRomeo

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 13, 2024
Messages
11
Reaction score
1
Location
West palm beach
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have 2 protrusions sticking out of scoly that I just bought and dipped. Also a threadlike worm protruding from under the base of my acan. Please help identify and let me know if they'll cause any issues.

IMG_20250315_215658113.jpg IMG_20250315_215558705.jpg IMG_20250315_215737146~2.jpg IMG_20250315_222755608.jpg
 

Attachments

  • VID_20250315_222637401.mp4
    20.5 MB
Last edited:
3rd picture is a chiton. I don’t really see anything else in the other pictures.
 
3rd picture is a chiton. I don’t really see anything else in the other pictures.
The scoly has 2 protrusions in the center that disappear when I get close and the acan I circled in red have a threadlike protrusion.
 
The scoly has 2 protrusions in the center that disappear when I get close and the acan I circled in red have a threadlike protrusion.
The scoly protrusion looks like a vermitid snail. And I’m not to sure what the other thing is. It kind of looks like a spaghetti worm but it’s a little different.

@ISpeakForTheSeas
 
It looks like spionid worms on the scoly, and branching hydroids for the white string like ****heads.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 8 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 8 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new