Multiple Shrimp Gobies One System?

Tnops

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can I keep a pair or multiple shrimp gobies to 1 pistol shrimp in a system? Will they share the single pistol shrimp or will they fight for it? For example, I want to keep a yellow watchman with an orange striped goby with a tiger pistol shrimp.

nightmarepl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can I keep a pair or multiple shrimp gobies to 1 pistol shrimp in a system? Will they share the single pistol shrimp or will they fight for it? For example, I want to keep a yellow watchman with an orange striped goby with a tiger pistol shrimp.
they should be fine they might share or one might take over prob the watchman and the other goby will go on its own

SlugSnorter

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
mnn... better not to. Maybe get a mated pair of something

Drummingbaker2010

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1 goby pairs with 1 shrimp. It is very risky to try and do more than that as the goby can get aggressive and attack the other, so it is a risky move to try.

Fishfreak2009

Follow Your Passions!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In my 75 gallon I have a pair of aurora gobies, a yellow watchman goby, a firefish, a fourmanoiri tilefish, and a candy pistol shrimp all sharing the same burrow. The aurora gobies lived on opposite sides at first, but eventually paired up. One lived with the yellow watchman from the beginning (thought he died and suddenly 2 months later was sticking out of the same burrow).

Tankkeepers

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In most cases it's best no to put 2 of any one fish enless a maited pair in a single tank

Schooling fish are the exception and only if kept in a large enoff group to form a school

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 41 33.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 22.6%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 19.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back