Mushroom 4.6 Gallon Aquamaxx Rimless tank

Preme

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_3167.JPG

Got my kryptonite chilling in my 25 gallon. Really just have this idea of keeping it Florida ricordea but like everything in this hobby it's difficult to make up your mind. So we will see.
That kyypyonite would look sweeeet in there :)

OP
OP
Joeganja

Joeganja

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That kyypyonite would look sweeeet in there :)

I know lol. I'm still trying to get my hands on some other mushrooms. But I'm going to avoid getting a bounce simply because everyone is starting to get them and I want something unique. Plus the price of what they will cost me now compared to what they will be in a year or two isn't what I'm interested in.

taintstick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice!! I am going to hit them up after the mud acclimates some more, thanks!

SR52012

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks great! im thinking of doing the same to a Fluval Spec-V that im breaking down this weekend from my wifes office.

taintstick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
4dba8ee6bf3ab8069d615380af461cfa.jpg

A little cosmetic work, light repositioning and some cooler shrooms to replace the norms..

taintstick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am using the Galaxyhydros version of the "Par38" bulb. Since I use the black boxes on my display, I wanted to check these out. I am happy with the color, just gotta play with the placement of bulb for the spread desired.
This tank is particularly hard cause of the opening, diffuses the light a bit.

SR52012

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am using the Galaxyhydros version of the "Par38" bulb. Since I use the black boxes on my display, I wanted to check these out. I am happy with the color, just gotta play with the placement of bulb for the spread desired.
This tank is particularly hard cause of the opening, diffuses the light a bit.

Where did u get that? Ive been looking on ebay at the Par38 bulbs and havent seen the Galaxyhyrdos

taintstick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where did u get that? Ive been looking on ebay at the Par38 bulbs and havent seen the Galaxyhyrdos

Amazon, going for $20, then just go to lowes and get the hanging socket or get a gooseneck.
9ae48d94de623492fecdf98a445381d8.jpg

taintstick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Must be some huge sale on Galaxyhydros because all of their lights are 50% off.

Pink Slinky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm running a fluval halo on my aqua Japan aj40, which is 24 liters, or about 6.5 gallons. It's about $100 and has good coverage for a tank your size

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you add one of those micro baby blue tangs that are like 1/3", it'll look like an LFS counter display!

You just need a never ending supply of 1/3" blue tangs I guess

OP
OP
Joeganja

Joeganja

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you add one of those micro baby blue tangs that are like 1/3", it'll look like an LFS counter display!

You just need a never ending supply of 1/3" blue tangs I guess

Ha not a bad idea. But haters are gonna hate. You know how that goes. "Well in the books it stated a minimum size of so and so tank lol"

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Eh, just put them into your 90 until you have a school of blue tangs, they'll be totally happy in there. It's at least an 18x tank upgrade!

But the mud on the bottom is kinda nice actually. It's a 'hey, that looks like a more natural little biotope' kinda nice. Pretty reefs are awesome for sure, but once in awhile it's really nice seeing something that stands out, especially something that looks like a natural biotope.

My local aquarium has some spotted bay bass that live in our bays. They live in a biotope complete with docks (where they hide in their 'natural' habitat) and trash. Yep, trash. I think it's their own little jab to make visitors pick up trash on beaches and bays. But you can't deny, that's a totally accurate representation of our bay... Well, once they plumb the bathrooms into that DT it will be totally accurate at least.

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 172 72.9%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 17 7.2%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 42 17.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.1%
Back