OP
Joeganja

Joeganja

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Eh, just put them into your 90 until you have a school of blue tangs, they'll be totally happy in there. It's at least an 18x tank upgrade!

But the mud on the bottom is kinda nice actually. It's a 'hey, that looks like a more natural little biotope' kinda nice. Pretty reefs are awesome for sure, but once in awhile it's really nice seeing something that stands out, especially something that looks like a natural biotope.

My local aquarium has some spotted bay bass that live in our bays. They live in a biotope complete with docks (where they hide in their 'natural' habitat) and trash. Yep, trash. I think it's their own little jab to make visitors pick up trash on beaches and bays. But you can't deny, that's a totally accurate representation of our bay... Well, once they plumb the bathrooms into that DT it will be totally accurate at least.

Got a 135 now. But I don't like hippo tangs.

OP
OP
Joeganja

Joeganja

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_3750.JPG
so the hang on the back filter was building up salt creep and it seemed to have a very minor leak and I had two extra mp10s that aren't in use so I decided to switch out the hang on the back for an mp10 give the tank a little more flow and a better overall look. [emoji16]

taintstick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_3750.JPG
so the hang on the back filter was building up salt creep and it seemed to have a very minor leak and I had two extra mp10s that aren't in use so I decided to switch out the hang on the back for an mp10 give the tank a little more flow and a better overall look. [emoji16]

Yup!!! My HOB has a bunch of salt creep too.. I would like to ditch it but not sure what to do about skimming...

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 170 73.0%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 17 7.3%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 41 17.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.1%
Back