Mushroom ID, Yuma or ricordea

  • Thread starter Thread starter zach_jb69
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

zach_jb69

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 28, 2023
Messages
115
Reaction score
57
Location
New york
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been trying to figure this out. Are these yumas or recordias. The two apparently grow at different speeds so I’d like to know the species.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
 
Been trying to figure this out. Are these yumas or recordias. The two apparently grow at different speeds so I’d like to know the species.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
Ricordea yuma and very hardy specimen
 
yumas are ricordias as far as I understand. To my knowledge the distinction is between Yuma and Florida. These are Yuma I think but mushroom connoisseurs will be around soon to let us know :)
 
They are riccordea, riccordea is a genus. There are two species of riccordea typically kept Riccordea Florida and Riccordea Yuma. That looks like a florida to me, but I could be wrong. Floridas grow faster and require less light and flow than Yumas.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 12 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 34.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 25 15.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new