Mushroom question

milamlucas52

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got this mushroom about a week ago and have never had one before. It crawled an inch or so up the rock and has been chillin in this spot for a couple days. Only thing is that it’s not laying all the way flat and part of it is sticking up in the air. Is this normal? Will he eventually flatten out or do I need to help him out a little bit? Appreciate any feedback!

IMG_0970.jpeg IMG_0972.jpeg

TCseh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If his foot is coming off, he is about to de attach. Its hard to get them re attached so you will need to put him in a place with low flow like and acclimation box. Once he grabs onto something else you can put him back on the rock.

OP
OP
milamlucas52

milamlucas52

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay I will try that! What would I need to put into the acclimation box? Like some little pieces of rock or a drag plug or something? He is attached to a little pebble that was in the little bowl he was in at the lfs.

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got this mushroom about a week ago and have never had one before. It crawled an inch or so up the rock and has been chillin in this spot for a couple days. Only thing is that it’s not laying all the way flat and part of it is sticking up in the air. Is this normal? Will he eventually flatten out or do I need to help him out a little bit? Appreciate any feedback!

IMG_0970.jpeg IMG_0972.jpeg
I have several of these and as they grow, they often "curl up" on the edges... They are only "flat" when they shrink up.

TCseh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay I will try that! What would I need to put into the acclimation box? Like some little pieces of rock or a drag plug or something? He is attached to a little pebble that was in the little bowl he was in at the lfs.
You can attach him to a small frag plug. Anything is fine. You could also glue a clear plastic cup to a rock cut out the top and put the mushroom inside. When it grabs the rock you can take the cup out.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 14 77.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 11.1%
Back