Mushroom question

milamlucas52

New Member
View Badges
Joined
May 8, 2023
Messages
16
Reaction score
4
Location
Colorado
What state or country do you live in
Colorado
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got this mushroom about a week ago and have never had one before. It crawled an inch or so up the rock and has been chillin in this spot for a couple days. Only thing is that it’s not laying all the way flat and part of it is sticking up in the air. Is this normal? Will he eventually flatten out or do I need to help him out a little bit? Appreciate any feedback!

IMG_0970.jpeg IMG_0972.jpeg
 
If his foot is coming off, he is about to de attach. Its hard to get them re attached so you will need to put him in a place with low flow like and acclimation box. Once he grabs onto something else you can put him back on the rock.
 
Okay I will try that! What would I need to put into the acclimation box? Like some little pieces of rock or a drag plug or something? He is attached to a little pebble that was in the little bowl he was in at the lfs.
 
I got this mushroom about a week ago and have never had one before. It crawled an inch or so up the rock and has been chillin in this spot for a couple days. Only thing is that it’s not laying all the way flat and part of it is sticking up in the air. Is this normal? Will he eventually flatten out or do I need to help him out a little bit? Appreciate any feedback!

IMG_0970.jpeg IMG_0972.jpeg
I have several of these and as they grow, they often "curl up" on the edges... They are only "flat" when they shrink up.
 
Okay I will try that! What would I need to put into the acclimation box? Like some little pieces of rock or a drag plug or something? He is attached to a little pebble that was in the little bowl he was in at the lfs.
You can attach him to a small frag plug. Anything is fine. You could also glue a clear plastic cup to a rock cut out the top and put the mushroom inside. When it grabs the rock you can take the cup out.
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 3 4.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 7.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 21.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 17 26.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 13.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 12.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 9.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new