Mushroom won't stay attached

Mjrenz

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got this little mushroom about 3 1/2 months ago and I can't get it to stay attached to anything. It was attached to a small rock when I got it but let go a few days after putting it in my tank. I've tried super glue, placing it on rubble inside a pcv coupling, and now I have it on this rock in a corner that gets almost no water movement (I just picked it off the sand and put it back in place). It'll stick to something after a couple weeks and then just let go

Any other suggestions to get him to attach and stay somewhere?

20190525_122016.jpg

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
a small container of rubble. You could also try a Vail or some type of mesh. Ive got some that float around and eventually attach to the rock.

KirstenB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
a small container of rubble. You could also try a Vail or some type of mesh. Ive got some that float around and eventually attach to the rock.
I just came across the same issue this morning on a copper interstellar mushroom. Got a 3k gyre and cannot turn off the flow as I've got sps n other lps. Can you clarify more on the mesh? Like glue mesh tented to the rocks around it for a bit? Or? Ty. Also I do not have any live rock rubble to use.

KirstenB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh duh. I checked out other threads. Glass bowl and mesh over top. But... can you use any rocks you find outside? Stupid question and sry lol.

sfin52

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just came across the same issue this morning on a copper interstellar mushroom. Got a 3k gyre and cannot turn off the flow as I've got sps n other lps. Can you clarify more on the mesh? Like glue mesh tented to the rocks around it for a bit? Or? Ty. Also I do not have any live rock rubble to use.
you can use dead rock as well. The trick is find a low flow areas and place the shroom in the container with frag plugs, rubble or a smallish chuck of live rock.
The Vail or mesh can't be tight and has to let a lot of light through. It also has to be reef safe. Ive never done it this way.
Shrooms like low flow areas. High flow and the mushrooms will detach and float around.

OP
OP
Mjrenz

Mjrenz

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh duh. I checked out other threads. Glass bowl and mesh over top. But... can you use any rocks you find outside? Stupid question and sry lol.
I wouldn't use rocks you find outside, it's hard to tell what minerals they are composed of or what contaminants could be on them and they may not be reef safe. You can purchase rubble online or you can get a small live rock and break it up

sfin52

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i would not you dont know what type of containments they have.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 23.9%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 56 34.4%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 49 30.1%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.5%
Back