MUSSEL ID

Omar Torres

Noob Reefer
View Badges
Joined
Feb 26, 2016
Messages
211
Reaction score
99
Location
Bowie, MD
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did not know where else to post this.

I have 3 mussels in my tank. 2 attached to each other and 1 attached to live rock. I know mussels are good because they filter the water as they are filter feeders. My question is do I need to flip them like clams so they can open? If I do will it kill the corals attached?






 
As long as they can open they will filter the wAter for you , they wont extend a mantel for light like clams will.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 8 5.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 54 34.4%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.4%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new