Must-See LFS between SF and SD

ScottsTot

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi

I'm going on a road trip on the West Coast in June and of course visiting fish stores are on the list.

I'll be in Yosemite - SF - LA - SD (following the coastline). Are there any worthwhile stores to visit? I'm looking for large places that are worth carving out some time out of an already packed vacation. For example, I've never been but WWC in FL is something that is supposedly worth visiting and a place I'd stop by if I were in FL.

Highgrade

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd love to see aqua sd. Been drooling over their site waiting on my tank to cycle lol
They only have limited fish on hand. But tons of coral. Aquatic Warehouse has a great selection of fish salt/freshwater and tons of coral as well. Both stores have some nice reef tanks set up to look at.

Bayareareefer18

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They only have limited fish on hand. But tons of coral. Aquatic Warehouse has a great selection of fish salt/freshwater and tons of coral as well. Both stores have some nice reef tanks set up to look at.
I'm just waiting til I can I order from them for my first coral haul lol

roro

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Neptune in San Jose. They have some awesome display tanks. They have a good selection of anything you need for a coral tank or freshwater too.

roro

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ah yes the Monterey Bay Aquarium is a must! Huge and very informative as well as a ton of cool sea life to see! A must if your in the area. Easily spend a half day there if you have never been.

roro

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yup very cool. They update with new exhibits seems often. I like the cuttlefish displays they have.

OP
OP
S

ScottsTot

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi!

I stopped by Neptune today. It beats the LFS I've been to in the NYC/NJ area so far without question. It's just so clean and the display tanks are amazing. It's also nice to see some of the tank options (e.g. Nuvo, Red Sea, etc) in person rathr than mentally visualizing it. Since I don't have one yet and am in the planning stages, it helps to finally be able to see it and say "oh, that's how big it is and how it looks like" (although dimensions/pics are always available online it's not the same until you see it).

I'm also visitng the MOnterey Bay Aquarium:) I'm doing a road trip so it's on the way.

Does anyone know if Vivid Aquariums, AquaSD, or Aquatic Warehouse has a Reefer 170 display? That is one tank I'm thinking of but don't want to spend until I see it in person. I haven't been able to find one that is stocked.

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi!

I stopped by Neptune today. It beats the LFS I've been to in the NYC/NJ area so far without question. It's just so clean and the display tanks are amazing. It's also nice to see some of the tank options (e.g. Nuvo, Red Sea, etc) in person rathr than mentally visualizing it. Since I don't have one yet and am in the planning stages, it helps to finally be able to see it and say "oh, that's how big it is and how it looks like" (although dimensions/pics are always available online it's not the same until you see it).

I'm also visitng the MOnterey Bay Aquarium:) I'm doing a road trip so it's on the way.

Does anyone know if Vivid Aquariums, AquaSD, or Aquatic Warehouse has a Reefer 170 display? That is one tank I'm thinking of but don't want to spend until I see it in person. I haven't been able to find one that is stocked.
Aquatic Warehouse has some Hugh reef tanks. Won't be disappointed.

Bayareareefer18

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi!

The thing about Neptune that stands out the most to me is how every tank is immaculate. You can buy with confidence in such pristine frag tanks

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 70 77.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 5.6%
Back