My 10 gallon Aquarium

Post a picture of your tank and welcome to R2R! :-)
 
20150920_101310.jpg
 
Doesn't look bad at all !
Now that hood is a force to be reckoned with ;)
 
Oh also 2 red legged hermits and 1 peppermint shrimp .
Need some better rockwork... the royal likes caves and places to hide. More rock will also help with bacteria growth and filtration. General rule is 1 pound of rock per gallon. That is not 10 pounds of rock. Anymore info on your set up? Filter? Sump? Skimmer? Heater? Frequency of w/c?
 
No skimmer or sump I have A really good filter I don't know how many pound it since petco sell it by small,medium, large pieces. Hope for more later on.
 
No skimmer or sump I have A really good filter I don't know how many pound it since petco sell it by small,medium, large pieces. Hope for more later on.
Should have added more rock before the livestock. When animals don't have the right conditions they need it can stress them which can lead to sickness. Might want to search your area for a actual saltwater fish store. Without a skimmer or sump you should be doing weekly water changes if your already not. Do you have a water test kit? If so what are the levels at?
 
I agree with the above. More rocks to help with your filtration and to make the fish more comfortable. Maybe try craigslist too, i see people breaking down tanks all the time, could probably get a few pieces out of their tanks for a steal. I love the royal gramma! They can be jerks, but the clowns will hold their own against him. Your definitely not going to have any jumpers with that lid! So that's one less thing to worry about. :)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 10 5.7%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 28 16.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 58 33.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 12 6.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 12 6.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 27 15.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 6.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new