MY 180 BUILD

ron b

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone im so excited to be upgrading from a 125 to a 180. The stand is diy made from 2x6s and the skin is reclaimed wood from an old barn. The tank is 6x2x2. All rock is getting a bleach bath then a soak in prime before i finish my scape and add my sand I'm using 160 lbs of fiji pink sand. Far as equipment I'm using 3 radion g4 pro lights with rms mounts so open top for me :). Skimmer will be a bubble Magnus curve 9 elite. Sump is a trigger sapphire cr44. Ato I'm running will be a tunze 3155 and my ato container is a innovative marine 15 gallon container. Last but not least my return pump is a l2 vectra return and 2 mp40wqd. I am also installing a new apex and soon as i can a trident but these are so hard to come by. I'm so excited and blessed that i get my bigger tank. More progress to come!!!

20191105_160917.jpg 20191105_160914.jpg

DaddyO NJ

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
looks like fun!! Where is the sump going? Under tank or in another room/basement? Just got a cr44 for basement and want to see your setup.

OP
OP
ron b

ron b

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Under the stand and i have to finish the plumbing job. I'm adding a gate valve on the right side drain and also adding a custom made manifold to add reactors and such later down the road. I am also adding a barb hose fitting to allow me to drain water via soft tubing to make water changes that much easier. Should be wet in tge week or 2 and i can barely wait lol.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 15.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 6 5.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 18 16.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 60 55.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 7.3%
Back