My 180 under Evergrow IT2040 LED fixtures

Tomoko Schum

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I took a video of my 180 with my ipad and uploaded it to YouTube. The video does not look as vivid as it did on my ipad but you can kinda get the idea. The colors under the LED's are very close to the colors under Phoenix 14K, but the LED's look a bit dimmer. The lux meter reading of LED's is a little lower than that of Phoenix bulbs as well.

[video=youtube_share;idBRnmNKAFE]http://youtu.be/idBRnmNKAFE[/video]

Last edited:
OP
OP
Tomoko Schum

Tomoko Schum

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you guys.
I am pleased with my new LED fixtures. I may add another unit in the future since the ends of the tank are somewhat dimmer.

laytonp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All I can say is wow that looks amazing. It was great talking to you today and that pink birds nest looms good in its new home.

OP
OP
Tomoko Schum

Tomoko Schum

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you, Laytonp. I had to rearrange some corals to accommodate the pink Birds Nest in that spot. Corals are not as densely spaced as they appear in the video, but the space high up where a pink thing needs to be is getting scarce. I just noticed the waterfall sound on the video. It's from my 29 gallon tank behind me and not from the 180. I got to fill its ATO reservoir.

Mason Dixon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great tank! That video is showing what 2 Evergrow 2040's look like, correct? I seem to remember you using DM-132's a few months ago but they had too much purple/indigo led's from what I recall.

OP
OP
Tomoko Schum

Tomoko Schum

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have three Evergrow IT2040's on my 180. I think I may need to add one more to eliminate shady areas. I have a DM-132e on my 29 cube. DM-132e is a bit too pinkish to my eyes.

Chameleon

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
nice looking lights! makes me want to try out these fixtures. I have been having countless issues with my DIY fixture that is going on 3 years due to salt spray getting on leds and corroding solder joints. I didn't put a splash shield on my first diy build and instead of fixing/ removing bad leds all the time I may just make the switch to some of these fixtures.

OP
OP
Tomoko Schum

Tomoko Schum

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you seen H@rry's simple acrylic shield? He has them on all his LED fixtures. They must be pretty effective since I have not heard h complain about any short.

pickupman66

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tomoko. I saw this last night. Looks good. I really like them. I can understand what you mean by the pink on the Dm132.

Chamelion, I made some shields on my DIY fixture. 2 years now and no issues with them.

OP
OP
Tomoko Schum

Tomoko Schum

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, Lindsey. I like the bluish white appearance under Evergrow LEDs. It's a matter of personal taste I know. DM-132 is on my 29 where I keep softies. Xenia and finger leather look great under that light

Chameleon

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you seen H@rry's simple acrylic shield? He has them on all his LED fixtures. They must be pretty effective since I have not heard h complain about any short.

Oops. Where is my manners?!
Thank you for the compliment. Is it your birthday today?
I put a splash shield on my most current diy build for the frag tank, but the old one i didn't have the forethought and now its in a bad situation for adding one the way I have it rigged. My birthday is April 24 so still a ways off.

Chameleon

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my current display lights...I added some T5's so I could run the tank a little whiter without turning up the whites.

My led frag tank build with spash shield:

H@rry

Troll
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BTW, does this qualify as a hijack Tomoko?

images

Last edited:

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 79 45.1%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 80 45.7%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 16 9.1%
Back