Community MemberView Badges
- Nov 12, 2020
- Reaction score
No his levels were .05 so yes perfectly acceptable but when he went out of town a month or so ago he didn’t have any idea what his numbers were. He left for 4 days and came back to an algae bomb in his tank so assumes she overfed a ton. All of his algae was dead and easily came off but it was so much. What else would have killed the fish? Everything parameter wise was perfect for his tankI doubt the hair algae caused the fish deaths. .05 is in the ideal range. Did you mean .5? Of course if there's a lot of alage that's going to reduce the amount that's in the water.
Like two months ago my tank had so much hair algae in it you could barely see in. That really kicked me into gear and you can see what it looks like now on my build thread.
My po4 came in at .1 during that and I since upgraded the skimmer and starting running gfo or carbon in a mini reactor.