OP
OP
Emma_fish

Emma_fish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yup, algae. See if you can find some more snails. Astrea and trochus are really great grazers. For your tank, 4 or 5 snail in total is a good amount.
I already have 2-3 snails so I will get a few more also could I add more coral at this stage or not

Aqua Man

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
could I add more coral at this stage or not
The corals you already added still doing well? How’s the new light working out?

If yes to the above, then you could.

What are thinking of adding next?

OP
OP
Emma_fish

Emma_fish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The corals you already added still doing well? How’s the new light working out?

If yes to the above, then you could.

What are thinking of adding next?
My corals are doing well only thing with the light is the app doesn’t work properly so I can’t have it on a set schedule I have to unplug it at night and and plug it in in the morning
I wanted to add a candy cane coral and I don’t really know what else oh and I like hammer corals

Aqua Man

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
unplug it at night and and plug it in in the morning
Maybe a timer would work? No experience with apps and lights!

Canycane and a hammer would look great in your tank! both come in a variety of colors too.

OP
OP
Emma_fish

Emma_fish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How’s the reef doing?
It’s doing well but it’s deep into the ugly stage and I don’t want to clean off the algae incase it slows it down as it has looked lily this for months now but I literally can barely see into the tank everything is still alive apart from I lost 2 snails but I got moew I have I think 5-7 snails in there and 2-3 hermit crabs the 2 clown fish and the blood shrimp
My Duncan coral fell on the floor off the rocks and I can’t reach to put it back !

image.jpg

Aqua Man

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s doing well but it’s deep into the ugly stage and I don’t want to clean off the algae
It’s ok to clean the algae. Will not cause issues that I know of. For my tank I just clean the front glass so I can see in and leave the sides and back for CUC food.
If you have a water change coming up, even a small one, bit of cleaning then vacuum the stuff that settles.

My Duncan coral fell on the floor off the rocks and I can’t reach to put it back !
Oh no!! As long as it landed butter side up its probably be ok! If the Duncan mouth is in the sand then then that’s a problem. Can someone with long arms reach it?
Your tank is progressing nicely! Keep at it!

OP
OP
Emma_fish

Emma_fish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s ok to clean the algae. Will not cause issues that I know of. For my tank I just clean the front glass so I can see in and leave the sides and back for CUC food.
If you have a water change coming up, even a small one, bit of cleaning then vacuum the stuff that settles.

Oh no!! As long as it landed butter side up its probably be ok! If the Duncan mouth is in the sand then then that’s a problem. Can someone with long arms reach it?
Your tank is progressing nicely! Keep at it!
It is sideways so probably needs picking up I can see if anyone else can reach it and o will clean off the front glass

OP
OP
Emma_fish

Emma_fish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m going to my Lfs today for corals and I like the look of the watchman fonts but will they be ok with a blood shrimp and my 2 clowns or not ?
I also like emerald crabs but have heard that they aren’t reef safe

Aqua Man

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m going to my Lfs today for corals
Watchman goby are neat fish and should be fine with what you have in your tank. They do like to dig in the sand sometimes and create tunnels under the rocks.

Are your rocks sitting directly on the glass with the sand pushed up around them?

Emerald crabs, can go after coral sometimes if they don’t get enough food.

Pics when you get your new friends!!

OP
OP
Emma_fish

Emma_fish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Watchman goby are neat fish and should be fine with what you have in your tank. They do like to dig in the sand sometimes and create tunnels under the rocks.

Are your rocks sitting directly on the glass with the sand pushed up around them?

Emerald crabs, can go after coral sometimes if they don’t get enough food.

Pics when you get your new friends!!
My rocks are surrounded with sand but leaning against the glass at the back
I had a conversation with the person at my lfs and he recommended a total grams and a Midas blenny ( both fish I had done research on before) so I decided to go with them and another Duncan and another coral (can’t think of the name but it began with a G)

OP
OP
Emma_fish

Emma_fish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My corals are still closed up and I put them in the tank around 5 hours ago is this a problem ?

CrimsonTide

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My corals are still closed up and I put them in the tank around 5 hours ago is this a problem ?

If you dipped them they might take a day to open up. Dipping then makes them very angry and closed. Also taking them from one light source to another sometimes bothers them. I wouldn't worry. Check them tomorrow and see how they're doing.

OP
OP
Emma_fish

Emma_fish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you dipped them they might take a day to open up. Dipping then makes them very angry and closed. Also taking them from one light source to another sometimes bothers them. I wouldn't worry. Check them tomorrow and see how they're doing.
Thanks I didn’t dip them but I will update you tomorrow

OP
OP
Emma_fish

Emma_fish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi my corals still haven’t opened up and it’s been two (almost 3 ) days since I got them Does anyone know why ?

OP
OP
Emma_fish

Emma_fish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pictures? Some corals take time to be happy after a move.
That is my Duncan can’t get a picture of my other one right now but I will as soon as possible

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    152.1 KB · Views: 25
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    182.9 KB · Views: 22

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 99 76.2%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 11.5%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.2%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

• I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back