OP
OP
dbraun15

dbraun15

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for joining the ride...clown tangs are beautiful...supposed to be hard to get to eat(Divers Den was a no brainer in this instance) and supposed to be super mean as they get larger. Only time will tell. Thanks for the compliments!

Ento-Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your nems are beautiful. I really like your gorgonian coral also. What species is it?

OP
OP
dbraun15

dbraun15

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your nems are beautiful. I really like your gorgonian coral also. What species is it?

Thanks...the nems are a love/hate relationship as the Haddoni has eaten it's fair share of snails/fish. I have a few and don't know which species any of them are, just know that they are photosynthetic...the largest cream/brown colored one on the right was a Petco find(crazy, I know) and was if I remember correctly, $10. That's one of my favorite corals in the tank due to it's large size and swaying in the current.

Ento-Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks...the nems are a love/hate relationship as the Haddoni has eaten it's fair share of snails/fish. I have a few and don't know which species any of them are, just know that they are photosynthetic...the largest cream/brown colored one on the right was a Petco find(crazy, I know) and was if I remember correctly, $10. That's one of my favorite corals in the tank due to it's large size and swaying in the current.

Some of my favorite corals were found in the discount $10 frag tanks. If you ever decide to frag that gorg I would love a piece :)

OP
OP
dbraun15

dbraun15

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where are you located? It would be very easy to frag, although I have never shipped corals before. If you were close, i'd be happy to give you a frag.

Ento-Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where are you located? It would be very easy to frag, although I have never shipped corals before. If you were close, i'd be happy to give you a frag.

You are very kind :)

I am in Delaware so not very close..lol... maybe once the weather warms up we could arrange something for shipping. Thanks!!

OP
OP
dbraun15

dbraun15

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been a while since I updated this thread...i added a few more fish today as a local reefer was getting out and had a few conditioned fish for sale for cheap. I picked up a small orange shoulder Tang, scopus Tang, lyretail hawkfish(really interesting demeanor!), melanus wrasse, and a mandarin. There had been a little bit of a Tang tussle(Clown being a PITA), but just seems to be jockeying and letting the newcomers know who's boss. Wrasse went into sand immediately and haven't seen, but all others seem to be adapting...been a while for pictures, so here goes. Thanks for following along!
Recent FTS and thirds...
IMG_2428.JPG

IMG_2430.JPG
IMG_2431.JPG

IMG_2432.JPG

New fish...
IMG_2452.JPG
IMG_2459.JPG
IMG_2461.JPG
IMG_2464.JPG

CindyKz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Super pretty nepthea. Glad to see your 'nem lived through its experience with the Vortech. I am terrified of taking the sponge covers off of my MP40s!

OP
OP
dbraun15

dbraun15

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Super pretty nepthea. Glad to see your 'nem lived through its experience with the Vortech. I am terrified of taking the sponge covers off of my MP40s!

Thanks...luckily the foot wasn't touched in the Vortech incident and all has recovered well. Want to add some additional fish, but hope the ones I picked up yesterday settle in nicely. Would like to add a couple more Tangs(Convict and Chocolate are on top of the list), but am not sure how well that would go over...looking for some guidance there. Are 6 Tangs in a 220 too much?

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 24 23.1%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 74 71.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.8%
Back