My 3 month old Nano Care magnet self destructed

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

donnievaz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought it from BRS in November and it just completely came apart on me the other night. Very disappointing because up to that point it was hands down the best cleaning tool I've ever used. I sent an email to BRS customer support the night it happened and it's been completely ignored. I'm hoping I can get some help here.

File Feb 21, 3 05 43 PM.jpeg

File Feb 21, 3 06 16 PM.jpeg

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please email me your receipt and we will send a replacement. This won't happen again. The magnets are produced at our Penzberg Germany factory in a largely automated production. Insufficient hardener was added to the sealing resin on some magnets, now every magnet cleaner gets a durometer test to be sure that the resin is sufficiently hardened.

Tunze at sbcglobal dot net

OP
OP
donnievaz

donnievaz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Receipt sent. Thank you very much for the amazingly fast response. I should have done this to begin with. My glass is getting pretty dirty. LOL I was hoping it was a manufacturing issue and not a design flaw because having been in this hobby off and on for over 25 years I've never used a cleaning tool that I like more than this one.

OP
OP
donnievaz

donnievaz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just googled this cleaner, Looks like it does a really nice job.
I will be getting one.

You won't regret it. If you're going to be scraping coralline on glass you'll want to order the stainless steel blades for it as well. I still need to do that.

Salty1962

Wrasse and SPS Lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've used their glass cleaners since they first came out and won't use any other. Hands down the best plus the awesome support of @rvitko and Tunze. Just got a 6095 and I'm very impressed. Worth the extra couple of bucks for quality engineering.

ebushrow

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please email me your receipt and we will send a replacement. This won't happen again. The magnets are produced at our Penzberg Germany factory in a largely automated production. Insufficient hardener was added to the sealing resin on some magnets, now every magnet cleaner gets a durometer test to be sure that the resin is sufficiently hardened.

Tunze at sbcglobal dot net
NOW THAT is CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!!! Way to go Tunze!

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The Tunze Care Magnet is by far my favorite cleaning tool. I have been using it for a couple years now and just purchased the STRONG version for my 3/4 glass and it works awesome! I had a friend over yesterday and was showing him the cleaner and how it works. HA!

PANONHAS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I had the same issues with my tunze strong and I didn't realize it nail it scratched my Red Sea 450. I guess pieces of metal got loose inside and by the time I saw the problem I had a decent size scratch on my tank. [emoji17]

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am very sorry for this problem, if you email me the invoice I will replace the magnet cleaner.

PANONHAS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I will look for it. I also think I bought it from BRS. I will look online for it. I appreciate it it. As most people mention in this post. I was a very nice magnet and worked very well. Even after the issue I wrapped it with Velcro so the part that had cracked open didn't touch the glass so that I could use until I bought a new one. Probably not a smart idea but I needed to clean the tank.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 39 47.6%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 42 51.2%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 17 20.7%
  • None.

Votes: 22 26.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 9.8%
Back